Question: Will it go on sale May 4th when it comes out, or will it stay at regular price? I've never payed attention to May 4th.

*snip*

Under £0.10 per brick so the price is good to excellent.

Yes, but there's a lot of small parts, so that isn't necessarily a good indicator of value. It will be interesting to see the net weight of the set; I'd be very surprised if it's near to the Imperial Shuttle and that was only 2,500 parts and the same RRP.

I've always loved the sandcrawler. Missed out on the first one and regretted it, this is a strong possibility, eve at it's price.

As much as I may like this set, the content of the box isn't anywhere near special enough to justify a 300,-euro price tag (IMO).

Off topic, but was there any other Lego Star Wars news at what ever event this thing was revealed at?

TLG just sent out this clarification about the packaging:

The decision has been made to change the packaging for future “LEGO® exclusive” Star Wars™ sets to include the UCS seal and de-link from the core Star Wars packaging. In addition to the packaging change an update has been made to the building instructions. The building instructions will have additional pages detailing the model’s connection to the movie and its development process. Much as the Creator Expert badge differentiates the larger models from the core assortment the goal of this change is to better communicate to builders that these sets represent our biggest building challenge in the LEGO® Star Wars™ theme.

TLG just sent out this clarification about the packaging:

The decision has been made to change the packaging for future “LEGO® exclusive” Star Wars™ sets to include the UCS seal and de-link from the core Star Wars packaging. In addition to the packaging change an update has been made to the building instructions. The building instructions will have additional pages detailing the model’s connection to the movie and its development process. Much as the Creator Expert badge differentiates the larger models from the core assortment the goal of this change is to better communicate to builders that these sets represent our biggest building challenge in the LEGO® Star Wars™ theme.

That's interesting.

-Sci

It looks nice enough. I wonder if someone will put Power Functions in it.

This set looks enticing, though extremely expensive; I think I'll have to sell one of my kidneys to pay for it. But as an owner of the original Sandcrawler, I can say that this one knocks its counterpart out of the ballpark.

Edited by montyofmusic

I wonder then, does that make the Ewok Village a UCS set? If the Death Star is, and the Sandcrawler is, and by this clarification future direct sets will be, it seems odd to leave the Ewok Village out?

Is that a new hair sculpt on Luke? Sorry, but I've been out of the Star Wars loop.

It first appeared in 2011's Millennium Falcon.

Oooh, I really like this set. Too bad about Beru, but the other figures are still great. I'd love to add it to my collection but I probably won't get it because of the price.

I can't watch the video properly it makes me laugh how he pronounces Jawas haha

It's cool that we get 4 in the set

Personally I would have been more than happy to pay 100 more for a no nonsense SC that looked more like the CUSSOO version with PF and just a couple of Jawas thrown in for novelty, but i can't speak for everyone, it is what it is.

I've seen this sentiment repeated a lot. The problem is you wouldn't be paying 100 more for one more like the Cuusoo version. You'd be paying 1000 if not 2000 more. That thing was a tank, and would dwarf every single Star Wars or Lego set, UCS included. And good luck fitting it on a shelf; it'd need its own table.

Personally I love the new set, and wish I could afford it. The plate-based walls are beautiful, adding texture and complexity to what would otherwise be a literal box on wheels. The play features look great and make the interior wonderfully accessible, and the build looks very suited to adult builders (while still being accessible to younger kids). The new figs look excellent (as do most updated versions of the classic figs). It makes me wish I hadn't ever unboxed my old Sandcrawler set—I'd be happy to sell that piece of crap to any of the people who prefer the old one just to get enough for a down payment on this beauty. Then again, that's how I feel about most of my old Star Wars sets that have been refreshed in recent years—as the adage says, hindsight is 20/20.

All I have to say about the UCS-versus-exclusive debate is that I think AFOLs tend to get too hung up on terminology, especially when it can help them justify having what would otherwise be an incomplete collection. While this does significantly change the status-quo as to what is UCS and what isn't, I foresee sets like this selling a great deal more than the old UCS based on their quality and mass appeal, and having the label will boost that even further among resellers who care more about the label and what it supposedly signifies than the contents and quality of a set.

I really like this set but it's a bit small fot 299 €/USD even if you get 3200 parts. AND they should have included aunt Beru!

But I'm sure it will be part of my collection sooner or later ;)

After several less than subtle hints from my Grandson I gave in, sourced the parts & built the 7662 MTT.

Having just read about this beast being released I feel many, many more hints heading my way!

It looks amazing! My only hope is that the floor of the main inside is more stable than the older one because that floor was a nightmare with making it stay attached.

What the hell happened to Luke's face? *huh* It looks like they based it off of the Holiday Special.

It's definitely cool, really detailed, and beautiful to behold... But I don't think I need a $300 Sandcrawler, no matter how mind-blowing it is. Still like the design and it's awesome for the jawa fans out there.

I'll buy one if only to display it next to my Ucs Sanscrawler at Brick 2014

I'm not really supportive of modding minifigs but I think I'm just gonna erase the cheek bones off Luke.