Dr Leg O Brick

How many AFOL's "Swoosh"?

Swooshing is a valid form of checking that a model is complete.

My friend has a problem with swooshing and picking up models, and he's nearly dropped a few large ones too. He might have even had the audactity to try and swoosh, or at least suggest, swooshing Orthanc-I nearly had a heart attack at the thought ! :wacko: Isn't that right Flobnomdob?? (cue accusing stare)

Back to the point, swooshing is very sensible for AFOLs/TFOLs to do with a flying vehicle. I wonder if set designers do it to??

I really need to know that now...do Lego set desginers swoosh models to test for playability???

I admit that I always swoosh my flying models before they go to my display, or anything LEGO that's supposed to fly actually, including LEGO Pteranodons and LOTR eagles. If that sounds weird, I even found myself swooshing a temple* the other day.

*It does sound really bizarre at first I guess, but it was this I was swooshing - and in it's transformed form it is surprisingly great for swooshing - and it also drops bombs :laugh:

Always swoosh! Come on now, fess up, who has bought and built Benny's Spaceship, Spaceship, SPACESHIP and not swooshed it? Mine I built yesterday and between myself and my to TFOLs it has had a lot of swooshing and will get more today! :D

Slo-mo swoosh is still a swoosh.

Silent swoosh is also a swoosh.

Benny's Spaceship. Spaceship! SPACESHIP!! is *TOTALLY* swooshable. So much so that it inspired me to actually *buy* a used Galaxy Explorer and swoosh that too.

PS; you fail as a parent if you don't teach your kids to appreciate a good swoosh too.

PS; you fail as a parent if you don't teach your kids to appreciate a good swoosh too.

OK ! Check ! :laugh:

I always swoosh (even if I don't have many spaceships or aircraft) and I Pew pew pew too.

My daughter love it and did it with me when I let her play with my star wars microfighters.

Don't make swoosh sounds with spaceships...

Do make them with atmospheric vehicles!

Set 31008, Thunder Wings seems built with this in mind, anyone else notice? Official photos don't show it, but there's a perfect spot for the fingers, right under the wings. Anyway YES.

I build swooshability into my stuff when I can. The rails and round tiles on the sides of this thing, are there specifically to give a good hold.

19500744574_d8de4c9ea1_c.jpg

I've swooshed every Star Wars ship I own, that includes the SSD (takes 2 hands but it counts!) all the ways down to the Droid STAPs. I've also Clank Clanked my AT-ATs and rumbled my Sand Crawler. Oh and don't forget the SUPER PEW! from the death star :grin:

I've swooshed spaceships (especially Benny's SPACESHIP!) and air-craft, even boats get the up and down motion to pretend they are in rough seas.

I guess you could say this (to paraphrase a certain beer commercial):

"I don't always swoosh LEGO,

but when I do, I prefer spaceships...

Swoosh often, my friends."

Now i just need someone to make it into a meme....

I've swooshed every Star Wars ship I own, that includes the SSD (takes 2 hands but it counts!) all the ways down to the Droid STAPs. I've also Clank Clanked my AT-ATs and rumbled my Sand Crawler. Oh and don't forget the SUPER PEW! from the death star :grin:

You aren't alone there! Although sadly I never got the SSD :sad:

I've swooshed the Helicarrier set, that's a hard set to swoosh!

I swoosh my dragons, but it's more of a FWOOOOOOOOoooooooshhhhhhhhh! as they fly over and set everything ablaze.

It takes two hands to swoosh the UCS ISD. You can't swoosh it hard since the panels are held on by magnets to the internal frame.

I tend to add sound effects/movement to all vehicles I build, no matter if they're starships, tanks, or boats.

Dragons are fun to swoosh too... :grin:

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

Unfortunately, most of the stuff I build is just not "swoosh-able". When was the last time you swooshed a modular building?

Maybe I should build something that is swoosh-able... Just to swoosh nice or twice!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Swooshing is obligatory when building hoverbikes. :laugh::grin:

Sometimes you also gotta make the Jetsons car sound;

I pretty much swoosh everything I build, its a great indicator of its chances of survival during transportation to events..

better question, 'how many AFOLS do NOT swoosh?'

Edited by THERIZE

For me it's either gotta be the ARC-170 Starfighter for that 'SWOOSH' factor, as it is an X-wing on steroids and so much wider (Since the x-wing is all about picking up off the display IMO), or the Republic Gunship. A true gunship that owns the sky and ground and is just big and bad

Edited by Frazeur

For me Swooshing is an important part of determining whether i like a set or not. I built customer imperial versions of the Eta-2 interceptor (75038) and the first V-wing, and while the Eta-2 feels very right to swoosh (it has a nimble fighter feel to it), the V-wing just doesnt feel right, it is an awkwardly shaped fighter etc..

If a set feels right swooshing through strafing runs and dogfights, i like it!