mordatre

MOC: Heartlake River

The plan was to make this much larger, but money played it´s part (Star Wars claims alot from the Lego budget) so I present this first module to you. I plan to make another one and place it next to this one so it will eventually be a much larger build.

Hopefully you´ll like it. There´s alot of color! ;)

11802100364_b2942c2a26_z.jpg

HLR01 by mordatre, on Flickr

11801942683_0493b7f791_z.jpg

HLR02 by mordatre, on Flickr

11801690575_5b80819d11_z.jpg

HLR03 by mordatre, on Flickr

11801940123_3763763419_z.jpg

HLR04 by mordatre, on Flickr

11801942203_aecd5d4283_z.jpg

HLR05 by mordatre, on Flickr

11802097454_d6e3795f19_z.jpg

HLR06 by mordatre, on Flickr

11802446266_dfe18b6288_z.jpg

HLR08 by mordatre, on Flickr

Well, the combination of colors is great! The effect of waves pleases.

Oh my, really nice! I love the idea of using the brick-bricks as a path. The roof of the café is also really neat – mine has a medium stone grey roof, which looks kinda boring. I did add a chimney, though – they bake their own cakes there!

Wow, these colors really pop in the best of ways. Love the pathway and the lime green for the grass - I have to say that the only thing distracting in the whole MOC are the bushes on the shore - everything else is so fully realized and cartoony, I feel that they look bland and hollow in comparison. Pretty much everything else is beautiful though: the pink and red roof for the cafe is great, and the red in the tree really makes it look like a good cohesive part of the MOC. :thumbup:

Let me say this first: I am definatly not into friends.... But this moc is... Awesome! I really like the water behind the jetski, and how the dolphin jumps out of the water... To sweet and cute for my taste, but you did an excellent job! :thumbup:

What's SNOT to love about this creation, very clever use of the brick-patterned bricks as pavers.....I never thought of using them that way (great idea). :thumbup:

Wonderful designing there 'mordatre' and Brick On ! :grin:

Wow, really nice use of colors!!! I love this little dispaly / scene! You made ingenious parts uses!

There's so much to enjoy here. The SNOT base is just great, and the use of the masonry bricks for a pathway help tone down the bright Friends colours nicely, whilst also adding a great texture. I really like how you've used the teeth parts as both greenery and spray from the jetski, and how you've SNOTed in the water trails. The use of Technic joints for the tree is a great idea, making it look less blocky and more knobbly (for want of a better word :tongue:), and I also like how you've filled out the Café, whilst also streamlining the interior. The other thing that struck me was how sunny it looked in some of the pictures, too! Really great MOC, thank you for sharing. :sweet:

Thanks to all for the great comments!

@Pandora -My inlaws gav me a new torch for christmas that I used as added lighting. However I held it with one hand while operating the camera with the other hand so thats why the lighting is inconsistent. It did came out great on most of the pictures though. Outside in Sweden it´s as dark as it possibly can be.

@ Zepher - Point taken about the bushes. I´ll take that into consideration when adding another module. Might do some small changes to this one at the same time.

Outside in Sweden it´s as dark as it possibly can be.

I did wonder, I was in Sweden only a few weeks ago, and I don't remember much sunlight! :tongue:

That's a bright and sunny looking MOC - perfect to banish these winter time blues! As others have noted the colors really pop, good use of those brick 1 x 2s and the bank of the river.

Outstanding! and I love it!

BEAUTIFUL!

Nice scenery and great photography. The lighting in first pic looks like shade on a sunny summers day... I agree on all of what's been said above. But I like to add that I'm not a fan of the Friends-dolls, but that's Lego's fault, not yours. ;-)

Great work here! There's some really cool techniques to admire, and the colors of the Friends sets look nice.

Wow! This is just gorgeous! :wub: :wub:

The colours are so vibrant, but nicely offset by the more earthy tone of the path and the jetty. I don't think there's anything I don't like. Can't wait to see the next module!

We all need a little summer during these dark winter times. :) And it´s always great to step away from collecting Star Wars and building something from the other end of the color spectra.

Thanks a bunch for the comments once again!

SNOT pavers, what a fantastic idea. I love the trees and the spray from the jet ski is just awesome. That first picture really sets the tone very well.

Such a great MOC! My mind keeps jumping between 'wow' and 'how?!' - the techniques you've used here really set this apart. Also, I love the reeds - and the sun! This looks like NZ at the moment!