Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

interesting, although most of them are very repetitive: a normal vehicle with a twist that has been turned into a flying vehicle and a cubic black flying robot with claws and translucent red eyes.

I have fixed your post. Please use the default font and text size when posting.

Please dont scale up your text, it is horrible to read.

Please use the report button for issues like these.

In addition there were several large trans yellow windscreens found in LEGO's database recently.

Would you be so kind to provide a link for that wonderfull observation?

Thanx in advance :thumbup:

Also withholding judgment until I see the alternate models. I wonder if it will be more like a Creator total rebuild or if there's some kind of transformer-style play feature.

Given the entire point of LEGO is building, I'd think it safe to say that any alternative designs would only be achieved through a total re-build. I could be wrong, of course.

Personally, I'm digging this, but then, I've been a fan of Phil Lord and Chris Miller since Clone High premiered over 10 years ago. My expectations for the movie itself are high, and I find it hard to believe that my hopes will be dashed.

Having watched the trailers and looked at the sets I am a little confused (Not that its hard.) but are the black cubed robots supposed to be good or evil? It just seems to me that the robot police are obviously evil and I note that some of the police have guns which seems to be a departure from normal CITY police. I suppose it is because they are evil robot police! But the black cube robots, as I said not sure if they are good or bad from what I've seen?

Cube robots are bad look at sets photos, because almost every vehicle have fight with that cubes.

Cube robots are bad look at sets photos, because almost every vehicle have fight with that cubes.

Also note that the cube robots have the same blocky, rectilinear shape language as President Business's hair. It certainly ties in with President Business's desire to enforce a rigid sort of order on the LEGO world.

Did you know about that fanpage? https://www.facebook.com/pages/1980-something-Space-Guy/145874745617175?fref=ts Im not sure if it is fanpage or some kind of lego viral marketing that look as fanpage?

I post it here because I found pretty weird comment, can this prove space ship as set?

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=169792613225388&id=145874745617175

My agent approached me yesterday about Re-Licensing, and merchandising rights, next year of myself when I'm a superstar again (after the movie is released of course).

I haven't agreed to the terms yet, but I'm pretty sure I DONT want to be a key chain or some kind of a ridiculous pen topper!!! What I want is to be the pilot of the New Galaxy Commander!!!! That would make it the greatest single lego set of all time. Just me and my Commander!

If I don't get my own way, I may start a Boycott of any and all 1980's something space guy keychains. Are you hearing me MA LEGO ????

They are also called "Micro Managers" which is a play on office-speak and a business term, a la Lord Business.

Nice find. Now I'm wondering if that's a detachable section off a bigger ship, although I'm not sure how that would work. Good to see they've stayed as close as they can to the original classic space colours.

Also this is what I was hoping for in a classic space reboot, an introduction of the more modern sleek look in ships while still clearly being influenced by the old space sets.

Edited by Hewman

Really? It looks to be the same one that comes in 76000.

I think he means newer as in that part was never used in the original Classic Space theme on a ship.

That is a good find, maybe it will be part of a large cruiser or a smaller complimentary model.

Attention, pilot of that ship isnt Benny.It is white classic spaceman, look closer.So there is possibility that is only on purpose and never see that ship sunlight.Also I dont think so they reveal 2H set in this time this way.

Attention, pilot of that ship isnt Benny.It is white classic spaceman, look closer.So there is possibility that is only on purpose and never see that ship sunlight.Also I dont think so they reveal 2H set in this time this way.

That's what I thought as well. So hopefully it's a second smaller set to go with the rumoured giant set, or part of the big set. I'm really hoping they re-release all the old colours of classic space minifigs.

I've set my desktop screen with Benny now......I love it, now that might be the space ship or would it be one that had a blue space guy in it ? :wink:

The only sets that really grab my interest so far are 70800 (mostly for the cowboy pieces), 70801 (I love a supervillain-y death trap scenario) and 70808 (the closest we'll ever get to an official version of the bike from Akira), but I think they all look pretty cool, even if I don't have much interest in owning all of them.

I'm going to do my damn hardest to get these sets! That bike is gorgeous!

But I want those SWAT vests and especially those figs! Seems like LEGO is going all out on some of those minifigures! (Like, the main girl doesn't look cheap at all...)

What I love about this thread, is that recently having started buying lego again for my kids, classic spaceman are now so old they are cool again :wink:

Even dusted off an old manual lens to make a new avatar :laugh: