The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I wouldn't want a hospital if it skimped on the interior anyway. And even some of the biggest modulars like Green Grocer would be quite small for a hospital.

Personally, what I'd find more interesting than an ordinary doctor's office would be a dentist's office[/url]. Ever since childhood I've been mystified by the specialized equipment you see in dentist's offices, and I'd love to see one represented in Lego.

I've built a Modular Dentists office. The second floor of my Comic Corner MOC. I modeled it mainly on my Wife's actual dental clinic. It was surprisingly easy to do, and generated a lot of distinct and interesting builds. I was able to fit the four main areas in no problem. Waiting room, Front Desk/records, Chair/Treatment area and a small section of counters/lab area.

Also would love to see a hospital. There are some decent Lego Ideas hospitals that are around, but as mentioned above, it would have to fit a theme of an earlier era to match the feel of the other modular buildings. Doubtful there would be any high tech hospital, and doubt there would be any ambulance or helicopter included. Striking a good balance between having a good aesthetic for the outside and detail on the inside will be critical.

I said it last year and I'll say it for this year again: I'd love to see a modular train station. A modular museum would also be interesting though.

Were the instructions for the Natural History museum ever released?

I saw a post somewhere saying that they would be online by christmas and then everything went quiet.

Cheers

Rob

Though i'd like to see certain modulars, Im'm up for anything as long as it had living space for minifigures to live in.

i would like to see a modular palace, it could be just great. just imagine how big it would be, with chandeliers, a dinning room, maybe a hidden room for the king, very detailed rooms, a small garden.... really fantastic.

i would like to see a modular palace, it could be just great. just imagine how big it would be, with chandeliers, a dinning room, maybe a hidden room for the king, very detailed rooms, a small garden.... really fantastic.

You might just get your wish sooner than later. The Disney castle is coming,rumoured to be 4000 plus Pieces

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122532

I would like something more like the palace of Versailles In France. The Disney castle is not very interesting in my opinion nor will it be a good Lego set

The Modular Buildings theme is an extension of LEGO City. There may be a modular palace someday, but not as a part of this line.

I would like something more like the palace of Versailles In France. The Disney castle is not very interesting in my opinion nor will it be a good Lego set

That is the wonderful thing that we all want differing things. From the image provided i think the disney castle looks great,although not modular. Where as the the palace of Versailles would be very square and be very repetitive so would have very little appeal to me although would make a great model/modular.

Either way i don't think there will ever be a castle in this line.

yes, i would like a modular version of Versailles. the disney castle looks amazing, nice details and interior but very expensive.

but i think that the next modular will be a Hotel.

Hotel building already exist with Cafe Corner. So, maybe a re-release, but it does not fit the new modular standards (story, play features, detailed interior).

I think the hospital/clinic/doctor office is on the way ;)

Versailles would be amazing. But not in the modular theme.

Agree with you: Architecture theme sounds better ;)

Too small for me. Something big like the Big Ben in the creator line. Versailles would be perfect for it.

Hotel building already exist with Cafe Corner. So, maybe a re-release, but it does not fit the new modular standards (story, play features, detailed interior).

I think the hospital/clinic/doctor office is on the way ;)

Thinking of the year when we do have a set bearing the slogan "complete your collection!" I would indeed hope they re-release the original sets. However, a doctor's office or mere health clinic seems in order, and seeing as it is not a corner building next year, a small office/ pharmacy would fit in very nicely.

Edited by Aegis2000

Maybe they could do something where, as the years pass by, the modulars also get more recent. Like by next 5 years we'd be in the 40s/50s, by the next decade we'd be in the 60s, and so on.

Maybe they could do something where, as the years pass by, the modulars also get more recent. Like by next 5 years we'd be in the 40s/50s, by the next decade we'd be in the 60s, and so on.

i used to think that it was a 20´s - 30´s city, but there are computers, for example in the town hall, so its more like a nowadays city but old buildings. i think there will be a very contemporary building soon.

There are computers in modulars designed by Astrid. She didn't take care of the times when the action takes place contrary to Jamie. The Fire Brigade truck, cash registers and old phone in Pet Shop and Grand Emporium, the Prohibition story in the Detective Office, the big manual vault in the Brick Bank are clues which refer to the 1930's.

i used to think that it was a 20´s - 30´s city, but there are computers, for example in the town hall, so its more like a nowadays city but old buildings. i think there will be a very contemporary building soon.

I don't know how a contemporary building would look like next to the older style modulars, but I love the idea of a contemporary modular. :grin:

I think modern aesthetics are either you love them or hate them. I am not personally a big fan. I love the historic look/feel of these other Modulars and historic downtowns in cities across the land.

Obviously, if the designer does a good job with it, I will buy it, even if that means I will have to modify it (which I have been doing with all of them anyway lately). But that is true regarding how Jamie handles things vs other designers.

I think Versailles could Be in the creator line because of big Ben. TLG could focus on the interior having gold walls and possibly some furniture and a fountain in the back. This would not be in minifigure scale so the parts count could be around 4000 like the tai mahal. I think it would make a great set for devoted Lego fans who are willing to pay the price.

I think Versailles could Be in the creator line because of big Ben. TLG could focus on the interior having gold walls and possibly some furniture and a fountain in the back. This would not be in minifigure scale so the parts count could be around 4000 like the tai mahal. I think it would make a great set for devoted Lego fans who are willing to pay the price.

I wouldn't think they'd focus on the interior at all. Just all the outside.

I wouldn't mind a release of earlier modulars but like the reissue of the winter toy shop which saw improvements to the original set. Say more interior in the Green Grocer or more merchandise in the Grand Emporium, though some more fresh modulars would be nice too.

Having four modulars now, yeah the tiger is a convert ! :laugh: (what else do you do when they are on sale :wink: )

I wonder when we might hear a sniff of what the next will be ?

I wouldn't mind a release of earlier modulars but like the reissue of the winter toy shop which saw improvements to the original set. Say more interior in the Green Grocer or more merchandise in the Grand Emporium, though some more fresh modulars would be nice too.

Having four modulars now, yeah the tiger is a convert ! :laugh: (what else do you do when they are on sale :wink: )

I wonder when we might hear a sniff of what the next will be ?

N-no, don't give them any ideas!!

My guess is a hospital.