The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

33 minutes ago, Maple said:

That is the dumbest LEGO article I ever read.

12-10 for most of the world is October 12. So we are two months late. Honestly this is getting to just ridiculous levels of stupid.

The poster is a Jazz poster. Jazz was invented in the United States. The date is written appropriately for the subject if hinting at a December 10th reveal.

TLG has provided Solid Brix Studios with more advanced sets than possible any other media outlet this year. His instagram hints at a new set reveal tomorrow. Could it be a non-modular set? Sure. But Lego announced the last pre-covid modular at the exact event that's happening in a few hours. Maybe it's a coincidence.  

Edited by 24nolf

1 hour ago, Maple said:

That is the dumbest LEGO article I ever read.

12-10 for most of the world is October 12. So we are two months late. Honestly this is getting to just ridiculous levels of stupid.

What would be ridiculous would be assuming for any reason that Lego would reveal their January modular as early as October. Far from "two months late", a December reveal is very much typical (even if the 10th is later than usual).

Also, the article may be making a lot out of a small statement, but a statement like that from Lego Fan Media like Zusammengebaut DOES carry more weight than any other such speculation we've seen here, since if the reveal is indeed tomorrow then registered fansites likely already have the press release in hand (albeit embargoed to a particular date and time).

4 minutes ago, Dafonz187 said:

Isn’t it tomorrow in Singapore? So like any second there will be a reveal right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Lego is deliberately making fans lose their minds, myself included.

33 minutes ago, Dafonz187 said:

Isn’t it tomorrow in Singapore? So like any second there will be a reveal right? Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

The convention doesn't open for about another two hours. After the doors open it's a waiting game to see if an attendee posts photos [assuming set(s) are there]. Hopefully one of the Lego sites has a rep on hand but historically they don't attend these shows. 

Edited by 24nolf

I just checked the website for Singapore Comicon and Lego is not listed as an exhibitor.  They have a list of participants and a map.  There is what appears to be a third party type seller there, but I certainly have my doubts at the moment that Singapore is where it will happen.  BTW, what date format does Singapore use?  It seems like one of the modulars was revealed in recent years in Asia-I think it was South Korea.  As for announcing that a reveal is coming, I do remember the outline of the Police Station being shown shortly before its release.  Then of course there have been times where there was no lead up to it.  I cannot imagine it will be much longer.  If it does go on sale January 1, it would be incredibly hard for the secret to be kept at some point, because the merchandise has to be sent to the warehouses and the stores.  It only takes one person in the whole supply chain to leak it.   If they can go almost all of the way to release date without a leak, I would be somewhat amazed they were able to pull it off.  

This is a new record, right?

Oddly enough Im not as excited this year for the modular. Lets hope the reveal pics will change that

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This is a new record, right?

Oddly enough Im not as excited this year for the modular. Lets hope the reveal pics will change that

Same.... Large set fatigue? Other 'Modulars' like Sanctum? Lack of Lego money?

Mines the last one....

12 hours ago, Lyichir said:

but a statement like that from Lego Fan Media like Zusammengebaut DOES carry more weight than any other such speculation we've seen here

It does indeed. For me as a German native speaker their statement clearly says the the reveal is not that far away any more. If it does not happen today it will be within the next days. 

16 hours ago, 24nolf said:

The poster is a Jazz poster. Jazz was invented in the United States. The date is written appropriately for the subject if hinting at a December 10th reveal.

TLG has provided Solid Brix Studios with more advanced sets than possible any other media outlet this year. His instagram hints at a new set reveal tomorrow. Could it be a non-modular set? Sure. But Lego announced the last pre-covid modular at the exact event that's happening in a few hours. Maybe it's a coincidence.  

Maybe! :hmpf:

14 hours ago, Dafonz187 said:

But Jazz was invented in the USA so shouldn't it be revealed in the USA when it's December 10th in the USA! :hmpf:

13 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

BTW, what date format does Singapore use?  

Stop asking questions! Today is the day because there were some numbers on a piece from last year saying it was today, but only today in the USA because Denmark, were the set was made, uses a different date system, and some random website that most people have never used has hinted at something! :hmpf:

Edited by Maple

12 minutes ago, GregD said:

It’s now 10:21 in Singapore, on 12/10…

It's 10pm right? 

It's only 9:33am in the USA, where Jazz was invented, so in 38 minutes the set will be revealed!!!!!! 

Edited by Maple

Looks like poor Andy has been delayed slightly..  oh well, I have lots of modulars, don’t need any more!

Solid Brix Studio's video is up!!

The video that Brickfanatics said would be the new modular.

And...

Yep, it's a Star Wars set. An old Star Wars set.

The LEGO Star Wars set I've always wanted... 😱 - YouTube

Honestly I can never trust Brickfanatics with rumours. Yes they are trying hard, and it is hard, but they often produce far too much content based on too little information.

Shame that the reveal isn't today. Would have loved them to have teased the next reveal a year ago. Oh well. It will release at some point, and I'll likely buy it, but only when there is a suitable GWP or offer to do so. As with all sets they release.

So, the allotted time is up, depending on if you believe the hype.  Does this mean the jazz club/pizzeria combo rumour is also unlikely???   Half of me would like to be completely surprised by having no accurate leaks or rumours beforehand.  I guess it’s just awaiting game now, but whatever it turns out to be, no doubt there will be those that love it, and those that will hate it.

But there are still 14+ hours of December 10th in the USA! There is still time!!!! :jollyroger:

If it wasn't a Saturday I think it would have been funny if LEGO just added it to the website and didn't even send a press release out. Did we ever even get a designer video for the hotel?

Actually, it is 6 minutes until it is 10:21 on the east coast.  With that said, yeah, I do not think the Great Pumpkin is going to show up today.  

3 hours ago, 8fifty said:

It does indeed. For me as a German native speaker their statement clearly says the the reveal is not that far away any more. If it does not happen today it will be within the next days. 

Yes, it will happen within the next 21 days. I'm 100% certain of that.

I have to say I am really enjoying this. TLG has REALLY clamped down on the leak factory. You know all the main players have a reveal, and probably a review ready to go.

Or maybe it's not ready... :pir_tong2:

Has anyone considered shortages? Maybe a piece is in short supply or was made in the wrong colour? Something feels wrong to me…. Things are too quite. I hope Lego will issue a statement soon because  I am beginning to worry. 

4 minutes ago, MJLJ said:

Has anyone considered shortages? Maybe a piece is in short supply or was made in the wrong colour? Something feels wrong to me…. Things are too quite. I hope Lego will issue a statement soon because  I am beginning to worry. 

I think you need to relax and maybe talk to a professional. It's LEGO, they aren't going to say anything. They literally stuck 125 2023 sets on their website without a word. No reveals, nothing. 

Even though I didn't believe the time and date was secretly hidden in full view on the last modular, a part of me hoped it was pointing to today as the reveal for the next modular.  

1 hour ago, MJLJ said:

I found a Lego ambassador who was sent the new modular to review so the reveal should be imminent in theory...

Edited by 24nolf