The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 minutes ago, Brickolta said:

You might be right. Last year, the Taj Mahal was released on Cyber Monday, and two days later the Downtown Diner was announced.
This year, Vestia Wind Turbine is then released on Black Friday instead of Cyber Monday, but still they might wait until somewhere next week to announce the next modular.

Actually I'm wondering if this could be the reason they've made us wait so long over the past 2 years before revealing the new modular. I can't remember any occasions in the past when they have announced a new Creator Expert set whilst there is still another one in the pipeline waiting to be released.

It's only over the last 2 years that we've had an Expert set released during November (Taj Mahal and Wind Turbine). Prior to 2017 we would get the Winter Village set in September and then the Modular would be the next one, and would end up being announced around October.

So I think this could be why we've had to wait until the end of November over the past 2 years. Basically because LEGO only want to be promoting one Creator Expert set at a time. So they are making us wait until the November release is out of the way first before unveiling their next set.

It's pretty frustrating for us as fans! :damn: But I suppose it makes good business sense to them!

22 hours ago, street87 said:

I am surprised by this day, why the DD gets so much hate. Its a good looking set, with nice building techniques, nice colors. Even the car is looking good. 

Remember that Fire Brigade got so much hate when it was released just because it was different. Now, it's a classic.

While you're all waiting for the pictures of next year's modular, I just saw some images (which I'm not sure whether they're official or not) posted by Instagram user mp.legonews of 80101 Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner, which is an interior-based set of a modular standard of design quality. Looks pretty nice if you ask me! :thumbup: :classic:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

While you're all waiting for the pictures of next year's modular, I just saw some images (which I'm not sure whether they're official or not) posted by Instagram user mp.legonews of 80101 Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner, which is an interior-based set of a modular standard of design quality. Looks pretty nice if you ask me! :thumbup: :classic:

Yes! We saw the façade a few days ago, now it's the complete set.
Looks like a nice new printed 1x1 round tile, too.
Sadly, it looks as if these sets (Dragon boat race, Chinese new year, Dragon dance) are not going to be released world-wide?

1 hour ago, Withacee said:

Sadly, it looks as if these sets (Dragon boat race, Chinese new year, Dragon dance) are not going to be released world-wide?

But is this a genuine Lego set?...

Edited by Jasper Joppe Geers

3 hours ago, Withacee said:

Yes, they will only be sold in China. Which means high prices on the secondary market in Europe...

33 minutes ago, Bainter-ban said:

Yes, they will only be sold in China. Which means high prices on the secondary market in Europe...

Dammit. I really hope TLG changes its mind about this!

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

It does seem like a painfully long wait. I would love to see a leaked image now or even just something that gave us the name of the new set. However now that we're so close to the official reveal anyway, there is a part of me that would just like to wait and see the official pictures in all their glory without having my opinion of the set spoiled by a dodgy leaked promo image.

Right?! At least a tease like they did the WV Fire Station...something!

26 minutes ago, Maartenh said:

The initial question already mentioned a police station though, so I think this is rather meaningless tbh

Exactly. Last year's Designer's Video also had the Designer talking about a Hotel missing. Without copying the original tweet, it might impress, but seeing the original, it doesn't say that much in my opinion.

It's the sound of the police! ? We will have to wait to see what our designers have planned for us ?

Woop Woop!

I am not realy waiting on a police station... but this must be some kind of clue!

A Bronx style building?.. KRS one from the Bronx made that song :P

1 hour ago, Maartenh said:

The initial question already mentioned a police station though, so I think this is rather meaningless tbh

I agree. I don't think this should be taken as proof that the new set will be a police station. They only gave out that particular response because the person had asked about a police station. If they'd asked whether the set was gonna be a hotel, post office or museum, they probably would have received a different but similarly cryptic response.

However in the reply LEGO said "you will have to wait and see what our designers have planned". So at least we can take this as confirmation that there definitely WILL be a new modular set coming out! :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

Would be so typical if it's in fact a hotell, now that my hotell MOC finally is done. =)

Sorry for the shameless plug.

Have a great weekend, hopefully we'll get some news on the new modular next week...

On 11/21/2018 at 2:15 AM, Agent 86 said:

I haven't seen that Hospital MOD before and I couldn't seem to find a thread on it in these forums.

Do you have a link to more photos and details? It looks pretty good to me.

I posted that in the thread about my city/train layout:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/156427-my-city-layout-dark-brick-city/&do=findComment&comment=3018803

(and I have new pics to post there, since I added a floor to it)

And someone else also made a modularized version:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/167872-modular-60204-hospital/

On 11/2/2018 at 4:19 AM, antp said:

I might be in the minority but I would love if Lego made a set that coincides with the 50’s downtown diner as I always loved the style of building during that era. A 50’s inspired gas station or anything that will blend itself with the diner. Again many might not agree with but I'm sure we can all agree that we are long overdue some official images.

23 hours ago, Withacee said:

The Brick Fan - LEGO Asia Region Exclusive Set Images 

LEGO Chinese New Year's Eve Dinner (80101)

Edited by Digger of Bricks