The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It'll have a footprint of 32x32 studs and priced somewhere around 160 Euros. It'll be a building of some sort, featuring a piece count of over 2000 pieces. Minifigs are included.

It'll have a footprint of 32x32 studs and priced somewhere around 160 Euros. It'll be a building of some sort, featuring a piece count of over 2000 pieces. Minifigs are included.

That's a pretty bold prediction. Do you a have a source deep inside TLG?

There will also likely be at least one floor between the ground floor and the roof. In front of the building, there will be a lamp post.

There will also likely be at least one floor between the ground floor and the roof. In front of the building, there will be a lamp post.

And OTW will hate it.

Really?

Listen up, everyone! This is a discussion forum, but only as long as you're opinion stays in line with the masses.

Brick on.

My opinion is that it's fine to dislike something, but maybe not such a good idea to be a petulant, condescending misogynist about it. Besides, you have to admit that's probably an accurate prediction.

Actually OTW doesn't hate them, he hates the dumbing down of them to cater to kids when it is an adult product supposedly. That is valid for him to have that opinion, one that is shared by a lot of folks from what I read. I am pretty much in that camp as I don't want/need a story to go along with my toys.

For those that want it, good for them. There is a story and cookies and euphemism to liquor and all that. The line is then geared toward kids who do not get that reference and many kids will want it and that is likely good for TLG who is trying to move the kids who started collecting 5 years ago along the line toward higher dollar purchases. It's all about the dollar in the end.

OTW has likely outspent all of us in Lego purchases this last year to be honest. Read his info.

But now back to the 2016 offering...lamp post you say...hmmm...I have an awful lot of lamp posts on my block, maybe we get an electric plant to power those lamps for next year. Ha, can you imagine a Lego electric plant?

My highly confidential, highly exclusive sources confirm all of the features speculated above.

Also they hinted that it is a corner fraternity house. With tons of play features like minifig kegstands and a beer pong table.

LEGObros unite!

But they also hinted it could be anything but that so...

I see a MOD to add the Delta House symbols to the front...and a fat frat boy drinking a fifth of JD out by a car owned by another fat frat guys brother...can it have a band in the basement playing shamalama ding dong?

I see a MOD to add the Delta House symbols to the front...and a fat frat boy drinking a fifth of JD out by a car owned by another fat frat guys brother...can it have a band in the basement playing shamalama ding dong?

And double-secret probation!

Actually I'm ok with Lego's child-friendly backstory for the Detective's Office and I completely understand why they have to that, but we're all adults here and are more than capable of modding it into something more adult-appropriate. I guess the frustration that people are experiencing has maybe more to do with keeping the set original, wanting to display it as such and not wanting to have to MOD it.

So with that said I'll keep on buying Modulars and Friends sets and building my own decaying, crumbling versions of whatever takes my fancy.

The Palace Cinema comes with a limo. Could you imagine the Delta house with a Deathmobile?

Ramming speed!

Please keep this thread on-topic. A little off-topic talk is fun at times, but it's become the norm here instead of the exception.

Moreover, there's no point in trying to stir up a discussion about being entitled to a particular opinion and how to express it. Just to be clear: everyone's entitled to their opinion and they're allowed to express it politely on EB. The staff will be the judge of what's acceptable and what's not. In the future, if anyone has a problem with a member's views or how they're expressed, use the Report button which is available on every post.

Thank you.

well I will try to get back on topic...it's hard to know the parameters for a discussion thread though, it's really just speculation and guesses so on topic is kind of subjective to the moderator, so if we get off topic again, please let us know the "yellow lines" for what on topic is...understand on the opinion thing though

That said holy smokes we have a bunch of ideas thrown out and supposedly the next 5 are planned out with 1 possible on the Ideas list: Museum, Bookstore, Hardware Store, Police Station, Hospital, Library, straight up Apartment Building or residence, School, Meat Market/Butcher/Grocery Store, Automobile/Mechanic, and more...and with the DO we know that TLG is not above combinations now so could be more than one business in the building.

Did I miss any or are there more to add to the list? There is also a pattern that seems to take place which suggests a corner building.

If it is time for a corner building, the first thing that pops into my head is: bank. Banks make great corner buildings, especially in some of the smaller towns near where I live. If each modular must have a story (love it or hate it), a bank would certainly offer a lot of possibilities. It is also an integral part of the community.

If it is time for a corner building, the first thing that pops into my head is: bank. Banks make great corner buildings, especially in some of the smaller towns near where I live. If each modular must have a story (love it or hate it), a bank would certainly offer a lot of possibilities. It is also an integral part of the community.

What do we need a bank for, if allour money slowly flows to TLG... :laugh: .. I think it could be a nice to have a bank, as long as it doesn;t look to much like the GE... Banks, for me, are more or less boring buildings...so they should come up with a somewhat more spectacular design...... For now i will leave the modular 2016 rumours and discussion-topic as it is rather far, far away.....!!

A bank would be a great opportunity to use the round groove column bricks in a nice color, banks are one place where faux-classical columns like that tend to be found (courthouses and government buildings are another, as are things like museums)

I've come to believe that Lego may never make a modular Hospital, Bank, or Police station. The reason why is simply because they are mostly reserved for the City line. In my opinion the modular buildings are meant to be uniquely themed buildings such as a pet shop or barbershop. I'm hoping for a flower shop and laundromat combo in the near future.

And yet we have a modular Fire Brigade.

Although it's been years since that came out.

A train station would be a good addition to the modular line but I don't think it would make a good corner building. A musseum would make for a good corner building.