I think one major reason why a lot of others haven't been around, is because school and college.

I'm currently homeschooled, so i get a bit more time than public schoolers. Hopefully there'll be a

lot more people around during Christmas break.

Indeed. I've just been getting back into the swing of things with college, along with other things, so I haven't had much time to spend building/commenting etc. I'm still around though - just because I don't post doesn't mean I don't regularly check GoH! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks me, along with others, will have more time for the great lands of Historica! :wink:

True. Since the holidays ended, IT became much harder for me to find time for building, but Belgium got a week holidays before Christmas, it's from 1-7 november. I should be able to post something bigger then

I build when I have BOTH the time and the motivation.

And I really think this motivation should be intrinsic. It should be you wanting to build, or you being driven by a good idea.

If you are motivated by a perceived pressure from the community or by a feeling of obligation, I think there is a risk of burnout. (Which I think is what happened to some during the Kaliphlin challenge.)

Remember, we are all here too have fun building and exploring this exciting world. No one is committed beyond skill, motivation, and available time :)

Pretty much what Bregir said. I often build over several hours, but my work schedule is erratic to say the least, so I have to treasure those times which are also split between rock climbing, cycling and levelling a bunch of characters in SWTOR. That's not to mention the times my girlfriend makes be sociable! I'm also picking up a board game habit which doesn't help. I've found that I've not the enthusiasm for lots of Lego RPGs, I joined LoR, and a sci-fi one, plus SONE and GOH, but I've pared it down to SONE and GoH (one sci-fi and one castle), as I had spread my time too thin. I'd probably head back to LoR when GoH is quieter.

Having said that, I find motivation and ideas for builds in the oddest of places. I've always seen GoH not so much about quantity, but improving the quality of my builds. A lot of my builds are started from a new technique (which usually isn't even the final focus of the build) that I want to try, or a particular story.

Well coming back to Lego i have to say i have to many ideas and no time at all. My first MOC i've built through one night, i was so desparate to end it, cos i constantly had no time to do it.

I started at 21:00 and finished ca. 3:30 :P

Well coming back to Lego i have to say i have to many ideas and no time at all. My first MOC i've built through one night, i was so desparate to end it, cos i constantly had no time to do it.

I started at 21:00 and finished ca. 3:30 :P

That could be a solution, but i don't think IT would work for those of us who need to sleep.

Coming back to your earlier question: the weekends are the only moments i build (plus holidays). The whole Saga was built during weekends.

furthermore, Bregir is right. We should build because we want to, not because anyone presses you

I build in fits and starts mostly. Right now my building space is filled with my messily dismantled embassy build. I usually have several projects in the works (currently three), and often have a few more future stories rattling around in my head. For posting builds, I try to give myself a full day to craft the story and arrange all the pics.

and levelling a bunch of characters in SWTOR.

What server do you play on?

I think one major reason why a lot of others haven't been around, is because school and college.

I'm currently homeschooled, so i get a bit more time than public schoolers. Hopefully there'll be a

lot more people around during Christmas break.

Most people on EB are actually adults, so a job, one's own kids and the wife also demand time. That and playing in a band, rock climbing, travelling ...

Most people on EB are actually adults, so a job, one's own kids and the wife also demand time. That and playing in a band, rock climbing, travelling ...

I suppose. But that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of teens.

Wow! It looks so good!

Great to see that Avalonia is first in the line! As always! :tongue:

Go Avalonia!

Sorry if this is a really n00by question... but say you build a freebuild, post it in a new thread, then register it to be "scored..."

What exactly does the scoring, well, do? :look:

Sorry if this is a really n00by question... but say you build a freebuild, post it in a new thread, then register it to be "scored..."

What exactly does the scoring, well, do? :look:

There's an overall score of the guilds that will be updated once book II is finished. By having your free builds scored you gain your guild some points.

There's an overall score of the guilds that will be updated once book II is finished. By having your free builds scored you gain your guild some points.

Thank you.

hi im new and would like too join a cool medieval guild such as elfs or dwarfes

I moved this post to a more relevant topic.

AtlasThePiercer, you should re-read our Site Guidelines. In particular, read what is quoted below.

English skills and Clarity: Try to be clear and precise when posting and use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. We do tolerate bad English as we are a site that welcomes users from all around the world, but we don't tolerate laziness. No l33t sp34k or "texting language". We don't criticize international users who are non-native English speakers, but are trying to post in English. You probably couldn't do as well in their language. Bear this in mind.

Posting from the U.S. you should be able to type with proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

Thanks,

Phred

Something has been confusing me for a very long time, and now I just have to ask.

If we look at the overall map of Historica and compare it to the maps of the individual guilds, a rather large area in the center of Historica seems to belong to none of the guilds.

I have been working on the assumption that these are the "Kingslands" (My own name) belonging to Cedrica and thus supporting the city, the royal court and the kingsguard.

Maybe some of the more experienced members can enlighten me as to whether I am completely off the mark, or maybe point to sources of information about these lands?

Or perhaps simply let me know, how you imagine these lands.

Thanks in advance! :classic:

Something has been confusing me for a very long time, and now I just have to ask.

If we look at the overall map of Historica and compare it to the maps of the individual guilds, a rather large area in the center of Historica seems to belong to none of the guilds.

I have been working on the assumption that these are the "Kingslands" (My own name) belonging to Cedrica and thus supporting the city, the royal court and the kingsguard.

Maybe some of the more experienced members can enlighten me as to whether I am completely off the mark, or maybe point to sources of information about these lands?

Or perhaps simply let me know, how you imagine these lands.

Thanks in advance! :classic:

I don't count myself as "experienced", but i've always thought these were, as you called them, "Kingslands"