Danpb

MOC Dark Blue Modular

I designed this building in 2009 with LDD. I never thought I'd build it, but after finishing my last modular, I thought I'd give it a shot. Much has changed - it's dark blue facade is one thing. I also finished the bedroom and added some more details. I hope you enjoy - I had a blast building it.

Full Set:

8641993372_3c3128cf71.jpg

8640891691_fc51787abb.jpg

8640891377_f687c11c58.jpg

8641993330_f8a95449e7.jpg

8640891365_fc76d6265c.jpg

8641993282_d11c9b92dd.jpg

8640891489_0c06f0eb0d.jpg

Ha, just realized how askew the nightstands are :)

8641993050_dfbeececbc.jpg

Next to my first one :)

that's a lovely build. I love the dark blue and great detailing inside and out!

ANd might i add you're first modular looks sensational too!!

BRAVO!!! :laugh:

This is really nice! I like the colours on the facade, particularly the pearl gold highlights, the rooftop garden and the interior features. The bit that really caught my eye is the rear porch! This is often a hard section to do, but you've made this a feature. The teddybear in the bedroom is a nice detail too.

Well built! I really like the bedroom, and the area with the lime green chair and the curtains. I'm also a fan of the porch, and it's very interesting to see how well sand green goes with white. Worth keeping that in mind for later. The chairs on the rooftop is a nice addition as well, although I think what would make this building even better would be an access hatch for the roof - and some way to get into the basement. That's the only immediate ways I can think of to improve it. Again - well done!

Excellent build! The dark blue and dark bley work really well together for the facade and I like your kitchen details :thumbup:

The stairs to the doors of the building are nice touch as well :classic:

Wow! So many cool features...the white and sand green awnings and flower boxes work so well. Your furniture is really sweet. Inside is well thought out. Exterior has some great trim detail. Dark blue works well as a residential color. Love the rooftop garden....really want to sit in those chairs with a cold drink....now! Two very cool MOC's!

This is very nice. I love the basement windows and the little details in the kitchen. How does one get the roof anyway other than via the "hand of god"?

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone. This was a really, really fun build. Sad it's over, but really can't wait to show both of them off @ Brickfair NE :)

I left basement and roof access out on purpose mainly due to space. I also would have loved adding a bathroom - next one, perhaps :).

I think basement access would be a great challenge - puzzled on how I'd add rooftop access.

Ha, so far 'Hand o God' is the only way ;)

Love the colour choices and you've done a great job detailing out the interior and exterior for that matter. What is in the cellar, is that a little wine making going on? Moc's like these make me want to try my hand at a modular (though I think mine would be a bit simplistic, at least to start).

Really nice building. And I love the interior!

The facade is really reallistic and detailed. The only thing I dislike is the roof edge.

But otherwise, everything is really great!

That's a really beautiful building!

The amount of details on the facade is just right.

I really like the tablecloth and the curtains.

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like the color and the detailes :wink:

Thanks everyone - really loving the 16-wide modulars right now. 32-wide is next...and at some point: corner modular ;D

You definitely have skills for working with LDD. Your modular looks great. The colour scheme is great. What I like the most is some sort of a simple design, you have lots of detailing on the facade, but it's partly cleverly disguised in darker colours with only pearl gold sticking out. That effect is just great. Also the interiors is nicely done. The only thing I was looking for, but didn't find, was access to the roof. But then, with the nice flower bed and relaxing chairs, it's not about the access, it's about enjoying the roof. :thumbup: Well done, looking forward to another one.

Very nice buidling there. The interior looks great. Keen eye for detail there. Great choise of colour too. Can't wait to see the 32x32 and a corner building.