This is really detailed and absolutely stunning! Very beautiful and accurate in my humble opinion, good work!

Having visited Paris several times, I can attest to - and recognize - the level of carefully honed details present in this impressive creation. You've excellently captured the Haussmann style and the general feel of a Parisian street. Very well done!

Spectacular. Great MOC. I like how much effort you put into the details. And the entire building is just magnificent.

This is amazing! So many beautiful details! I love the squeezebox player, the grumpy chef, the piano, the terrifying dental instruments... I could go on. The car is really lovely as well. Beautiful work :classic:

Utterly stunning - that is beautiful !

I'm sure I won't be the only one carefully examining your pictures to get some tips for my own MOCs....

Great job.

D.

This is awesome, really awesome. I like the look of the fassade and the little details and the interior are just great.

Keep up the great work! :thumbup:

Just beautiful!! The exterior is a work of art in itself (the building details, the street furniture, the metro entrance all perfect!) And then it opens up!! As others have mentioned it has a real old dolls house feel to it and just looks great.

Excellent work!

Like everyone else, I am impressed by this build. Not only is the grand scale something to amaze at, but then you add in all of the details. Simply brilliant design and use of pieces. Nothing looks too innovative in design, but that isn't to say it isn't creative and beautiful when compiled together. I love building Modulars, but I can only dream to do something to this scale. And to add in the interior on top of it, I love it! In fact, my daughter would love the open back idea (like a dollhouse), so I may end up trying my hand at something similar for her. That'll be a fun play set for the kids or a grand display piece for us AFOLs.

Keep up the good work. I will certainly check back to gaze in amazement. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you everyone for your very kind comments, I read them all. Its very overwhelming the response has been from this building, especially to be on the front page! :blush:

I am pleased people like the 'dolls house' effect of having the open-back. It was always going to be difficult making it a stackable modular build due to the vertical cladding and offsetting I had in mind. I wanted 2 or 3 of the floors to 'blend together' like buildings I have seen in this style. I felt less restricted making it this way. I am delighted people know have lived or seen these buildings in person consider it a reasonably accurate reflection. :classic:

I knew as soon as I got a hold of a train cattle grille it seemed an ideal opportunity to use it for the overhang of a 'Metropolitan' station entrance. I am also so pleased people have noticed small details as it was great fun furnishing the pavement area!

Just to answer the questions of piece count. I would 'estimate', 7500+ pieces. If I had more bricks I would have loved to have made it the genuine 7 stories and even contemplated putting a mezzanine floor in the roof but ran out of pieces. By the time I got to doing the roof I got a very sore back leaning over and was glad to get it done! :laugh:

Thank you again everyone! :classic:

The facade on this building is just magnificent! :wub_drool: So grand and elegant. I love how the outside of each floor is different, yet maintains the consistent look and feel. The awnings on the ground floor (both over the restaurant and for the shop) look fantastic, as does the brick-built main door :wub: .

The inside is equally as stunning, with so much attention to detail. Too many great details to list them all, so I'll just highlight my favourites: the tablecloths on the round tables in the restaurant, the white bed with the yellow bedspread, the red fridge, the dark red / tan wall combination, the old-fashioned toilet in the green bathroom and the white sofa :wub: . And the stairs look great, too.

All your buildings are beautiful, but this is definitely my favourite one so far!

Again, after what I said on Flick'r this is really crazy, I just imagine an entire road like this, with a few different building and I'm getting so amaze, wow... I hope you'll do continue in your modular constuction in the same way!

Wow! :wub: That is one fantastic looking building. Great job on the whole, but the level of detail deserves a special praise! :thumbup: