muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

Well played Lego, well played :)

They have managed to keep this under wraps and release piccys on their terms.

Starting to really like the battle mech, judge (cool hair), and female archer.

Bring on next week!

(can anyone tell what the cop is holding?)

Looks like a black tile 1x2, (robably a cellphone, which would be awesome, since speeding tickets ar'nt black) and a par of handcuffs.

Also, did anyone notice that the cop is actually dark blue, not black (just compare him to, lets say, the tire behind him) and has a new dark blue police hat?

the waiter has a green bottle - cool (saves buying the orange train st in 2013 ! - that'll save some pennies !)

maid marian / female archer looks cool - can't wait to see the front.

heroic knight likewise.

cyclops head looks weird ...

does the fortune teller really have tarot cards - i'd be surprised if lego had tarot cards ?

Looks like a black tile 1x2, (robably a cellphone, which would be awesome, since speeding tickets ar'nt black) and a par of handcuffs.

Also, did anyone notice that the cop is actually dark blue, not black (just compare him to, lets say, the tire behind him) and has a new dark blue police hat?

Yeah, looks like he's dark blue (though with these Instagram effects I wouldn't be sure of anything). However, I'm quite sure that the thing on his left hand is his police badge (printed on 1x2 black tile) - the one that you show to people to prove that you're a cop in all the movies and TV shows.

The robot looks amazing! Caesar looks great too. Ave, and all that. The Cyclops has went from a `meh` to a `holy brick, that´s awesome`!

Edited by DraikNova

Elizabeth Swann's hair in blonde looks great! The plumber and cop look disappointing from the back.

The blonde hairpiece would be perfect for a future Eowyn minifigure.

Hey, can any of you Galaxy Squad enthusiasts or early adopters tell if the Battle Mech has the head from the Orange or green robot? I can't find a view of either from the back.

The blonde hairpiece would be perfect for a future Eowyn minifigure.

Or perhaps we're getting a Galadriel minifigure after all?

Can anyone tell if the piece the waiter is holding with his left hand is new?

Or perhaps we're getting a Galadriel minifigure after all?

I think they'd come with pointy ears, there. Good selection. I instantly need the alien trooper. Several.

Oh wow, this series is really shaping up to be a good one! It's packed with army builders!

-Space Alien Trooper army to battle Galaxy Patrol from series 7

-Battle Mech army to augment Galaxy Squad

-Heroic Knights because everybody likes bunches of knights!

-Cyclops always roll in bunches don't ya know?

-Cops in multiples for your crime scene/donut shop MOC

-a few Mermaids to swap hair with the cheerleaders and seduce pirates

-a few Plumbers would make a great "safety meeting" MOC

-Fortune Tellers for a gypsy caravan or just for the LEGO tarot cards

-Female Archer is a no brained

-Waiters for a restaurant MOC ( would make a great modular )

-Roller Skaters

-Judges

This might be the first series in which I buy multiples of every figure. I can't wait to drop a handful of Battle Mechs on my little cousin!

Hey, can any of you Galaxy Squad enthusiasts or early adopters tell if the Battle Mech has the head from the Orange or green robot? I can't find a view of either from the back.

Nope, the detailing on the sculpt is different from the Galaxy Squad bots. It's not the blue bot's head, either, and seems obviously not the red's weird noggin.

Lego said in a posting on one page of instagram - 12/3 more photos.....must be the front shots and then we can see which is worth the cash or not ? :wink:

Nope, the detailing on the sculpt is different from the Galaxy Squad bots. It's not the blue bot's head, either, and seems obviously not the red's weird noggin.

Very interesting! I know a lot of people (myself included) assumed they were just going to recolor an existing 'bot like they did with the Black Vampire Bat.

I am liking these. The new cop hat looks good, better than the normal police hat seen in City sets and the police badge is a good idea.

Waiter looks interesting (especially with the bottle and the silver tray thing)

Judge with the gavel and wig is awesome.

The back of the plumbers torso reminds me of this one

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb649c01

I hope the front looks better (e.g. printed tools on his pocket or something)

The space soldier (with the jetpack) could be cool depending on how the printing compares to the dark blue one from the previous series,

Guess it's time to start thinking about strategies to identify the figures by touch. I think for the most part, this will be fairly easy this time.

• Having three females with full-length skirts might be a bit difficult, but we can use the accessories to differentiate - bow for Maid Marian, trophy for Starlet, cards for Fortune Teller.
  • Plumber looks like he has a wrench or plunger, which should make him easy to identify
  • Cop's hat and handcuffs should be relatively easy to identify
  • Cyclops is easy to find via the head or club
  • Mermaid is easy to find via the tail or starfish
  • Waiter is going to be a bit hard; will probably identify via the platter
  • Rollerskater could be identified by the skates, or maybe the smoothness of the headgear; this one might be a bit difficult also
  • Chicken Suit Guy is easily identified by the headgear
  • Judge will probably be identified by the hair, and maybe the gavel, although that is similar in size to a few other accessories
  • Caesar appears to be the only one with a 2x2 square tile
  • Heroic Knight easily found via the shield and maybe the helmet
  • Splitz easily found via the top-hat
  • Battle Mech and Space Alien Marine might be hard to differentiate, but perhaps the helmets are different enough, or maybe they have different accessories

I imagine a lot of people will be going for the Battle Mech and Space Alien Marine, which will be easy to find, although perhaps not too easy to differentiate from each other. So those will get cleaned out early. So will the Knight, and maybe Caesar if he has a sword. Maid Marian and Cyclops will probably be easy to identify too, and will be popular, so expect them to disappear early too.

The judges hair piece looks different then the upcoming leaked revolutionary soldier hair piece . If so then it will be great to use to add some verity to some revolutionary armies.

Is it possible that the waiters tray could be a re colour of the artists palet from series 4?

Thanks Garmadon and Haltiamieli, I think it is a badge now that you mention it.

The armour on the Battle Mech seems to be the same as the orange robot from Galaxy Squad I think? :sceptic:

Chicken Suit Guy is easily identified by the headgear

The chicken suit guy has a unique torso with the wings.

Man, I love what I see so far.... Definitely gotta get the space alien trooper, at least one forest woman, the battle robot, the knight (when I saw the good ol' visor helmet I almost LITERALLY jumped for joy), a couple cyclops and a mermaid or two. I'm also probably going to get at least one starlet, just for the Marilyn Monroe hair, and depending on what the cop's torso printing looks like, some of them as well.

Firstp post updated with the collage image. In just one week time, we will be able to see them in their fullest glory. :sweet: