I'm pretty certain you can't do that.

I'm pretty sure you can, as long as Mhinak isn't giving the items to my new character directly. I've asked someone who I can trust to act as a middle man for this. I also asked Sandy just in case.

I would still suggest that you give Mhinak more room to grow - after all, characters grow by questing and reacting to the environment - but it's ultimately your choice.

I'm pretty sure you can, as long as Mhinak isn't giving the items to my new character directly.

What would be the difference in doing that?

The point of starting over from scratch is that you start over from scratch - not just have the same build with the same items but a different face. :wacko:

It has been agreed that players who retire their characters may give their items to other players, but not their new characters.

Just a little more reason to stick with him a bit longer man. Let him evolve and change. Heck, just have him have a psychotic break and change overnight if that is what you want.

When I wasn't sure what to do with or where to take Em and when I was getting tired of him a little I had Endgame take out his eye. It's helped me refocus and get a better read on where he is and his mental state, and gave me something to toy around with for his characterization. I'm not saying maiming is the way to go, but for me it made sense--

And ever since he's had his eye torn out I've liked him a lot more, he feels a lot more... I'm not sure what the word I'm looking for is, but nuanced might work? I'm having a lot more fun with him after him losing an eye, basically. :tongue:

What I'm saying is instead of worrying about a new character, break your own. Find out what would totally just. Break them. And then from there, work them back up.

Edited by Emjajoas

It's all been done before. Endgame should know. :snicker:

That was during the day, not overnight. It was also 3 years ago. Get with the times. :tongue:

To keep it short, yes. :blush: However, that'll be my final character I will role with because the warrior play-style I think is more what I like rather than being squishy.

If you want to be less "squishy", just wait 'till you get to Level 15 and choose a new class that merges ranger with a heavy hitter :shrug_confused: . Your level what now...4, 5? Still lots of time to develop your character. Honestly, I don't see the point in starting a new one, since basically the only real difference is the class. You're already playing a Dwarf and like others have said, you can still sort of manipulate his personality by letting circumstances affect him.

E.g.: Maybe his failure at saving the forest and not being able to help the Guardians turns Mhinak into some sort of lunatic eco-terrorist à la Poison Ivy. That's Chaotic Neutral. Couple this feeling with the impression that it's always the weak being oppressed by the strong and mighty, as is the case with the Star Elves and the Forest (in a simplified version). The feral forest and poor commoners just living life versus civilization and the snobbish, conservative elites that try to exploit all forms of life. There, BAM, Wolfgang sympathy! You don't need to be some evil maniac to side with the Wolfgang. You could be someone like the Green Arrow (the comic's version), a somewhat more violent version of Robin Hood.

There's already plenty of opportunity, you just need to capitalize on it :classic: .

Edited by Khorne

Seems like I'm a bit late to the party here, but does anyone have any thoughts about Namyrra's alignment?

Seems like I'm a bit late to the party here, but does anyone have any thoughts about Namyrra's alignment?

I'm suspecting Ziegfried, but what do I know? :tongue:

People go from happy go lucky to homicidal all the time.

Well, obviously she could go off the deep end at any moment.... :grin:

Edited by StickFig

I dont really know much about the allignment system, but I'd have to say Heckz is Neutral Evil. Or Chaotic Evil... or Lawful Evil. Whatever, some type of Evil.

I'm pretty certain you can't do that.

2nd'ed.

Goliath , why can't you just play a character? How many times have you done this? No one's character is perfect but lots have changed due to events in the game. Just keep playing and see where it goes.

Goliath , why can't you just play a character? How many times have you done this? No one's character is perfect but lots have changed due to events in the game. Just keep playing and see where it goes.

I have to wait a long time to play on 15 different quests or to host 5 different quests. I feel that if I continue to play on a character that I'm losing interest with, that I'll lose interest in playing Heroica. I'd prefer to play as a character who I will enjoy playing as. If I do make this new character, he would be my third and final character that I would create in terms of "starting over". The thing is though, I partially want to wait until then but it's too long in my opinion.

Again, if I do create a new character, I know exactly who I want to be and how I want to progress him. Third time's a charm they say. I also want to make it a goal of mine to become a Beast Warrior with that character and, if I don't change, I feel like I won't be able to achieve that with him, only Mhinak. I feel like Wolfgang quests come very very rarely. If I could become a Beast Warrior for Mhinak and for the second character I create, then I will definitely wait. :thumbup:

Your reasoning doesn't make sense. At all. You want to stop playing a dwarf to make another dwarf? Why not just role-play a change to your PC?

Sorry, but, like ,other things in life, Heroica is worth the investment. It's not instant gratification, and you won't get that even with a 3rd PC. You will still have to get 2 reps with the Wolfgang AND get to level 30. Just stick with it.

It wouldn't make much sense to become a Ranger again, I would become a Barbarian instead. And what do you mean by "Why not just role-play a change to your PC?"

I realize that, and I'd rather invest in a character that I know I'll stick with otherwise, why would I wait for so long just to create a second character who I will be more lenient with? The only reason I could think of is to start him off with a particular artefact, gold, and tools. I also realize that too but, like I said, it seems like getting Wolfgang reputation comes around very rarely, but I could be wrong.

I have to wait a long time to play on 15 different quests or to host 5 different quests. I feel that if I continue to play on a character that I'm losing interest with, that I'll lose interest in playing Heroica. I'd prefer to play as a character who I will enjoy playing as. If I do make this new character, he would be my third and final character that I would create in terms of "starting over". The thing is though, I partially want to wait until then but it's too long in my opinion.

Then do things that make him interesting. Break The Cutie. Die and Come Back Wrong. Anything.

A character isn't in interesting because his background is interesting. He's interesting in what he does, how he behaves, and how he reacts. Changing his backstory won't do anything.

Again, if I do create a new character, I know exactly who I want to be and how I want to progress him. Third time's a charm they say. I also want to make it a goal of mine to become a Beast Warrior with that character and, if I don't change, I feel like I won't be able to achieve that with him, only Mhinak. I feel like Wolfgang quests come very very rarely. If I could become a Beast Warrior for Mhinak and for the second character I create, then I will definitely wait. :thumbup:

Three words - Letters of Rep.* And we're about to have a whole Clash of Houses. Perfect chance to side with the Wolfgang.

*Also, four words: Unsigned Letters of Marque

It wouldn't make much sense to become a Ranger again, I would become a Barbarian instead. And what do you mean by "Why not just role-play a change to your PC?"

I realize that, and I'd rather invest in a character that I know I'll stick with otherwise, why would I wait for so long just to create a second character who I will be more lenient with? The only reason I could think of is to start him off with a particular artefact, gold, and tools. I also realize that too but, like I said, it seems like getting Wolfgang reputation comes around very rarely, but I could be wrong.

Have you read my post? It's some posts above this one. I gave you some examples from the top of my head how you could roleplay some change. I know they're not perfect, but still... As for the "not wanting to be a squishy Ranger", level 15 is easily reached. Just choose a new class then that gives you more hitpoints and front row capabilities.

Here's my post again for reference:

If you want to be less "squishy", just wait 'till you get to Level 15 and choose a new class that merges ranger with a heavy hitter :shrug_confused: . Your level what now...4, 5? Still lots of time to develop your character. Honestly, I don't see the point in starting a new one, since basically the only real difference is the class. You're already playing a Dwarf and like others have said, you can still sort of manipulate his personality by letting circumstances affect him.

E.g.: Maybe his failure at saving the forest and not being able to help the Guardians turns Mhinak into some sort of lunatic eco-terrorist à la Poison Ivy. That's Chaotic Neutral. Couple this feeling with the impression that it's always the weak being oppressed by the strong and mighty, as is the case with the Star Elves and the Forest (in a simplified version). The feral forest and poor commoners just living life versus civilization and the snobbish, conservative elites that try to exploit all forms of life. There, BAM, Wolfgang sympathy! You don't need to be some evil maniac to side with the Wolfgang. You could be someone like the Green Arrow (the comic's version), a somewhat more violent version of Robin Hood.

There's already plenty of opportunity, you just need to capitalize on it :classic: .

Then do things that make him interesting. Break The Cutie. Die and Come Back Wrong. Anything.

A character isn't in interesting because his background is interesting. He's interesting in what he does, how he behaves, and how he reacts. Changing his backstory won't do anything.

Three words - Letters of Rep.* And we're about to have a whole Clash of Houses. Perfect chance to side with the Wolfgang.

*Also, four words: Unsigned Letters of Marque

You got me on that. I'm just so fixated to work from the Barbarian class and become a Berserker or something. I love that, going crazy during a battle.

I just don't know how to get those things to increase reputation. I just tried searching through the Treasury and didn't find results, otherwise I have to wait another year and hope to get one. :shrug_confused:

Have you read my post? It's some posts above this one. I gave you some examples from the top of my head how you could roleplay some change. I know they're not perfect, but still... As for the "not wanting to be a squishy Ranger", level 15 is easily reached. Just choose a new class then that gives you more hitpoints and front row capabilities.

I know I could do that but I just don't want to do it with a Ranger. Don't get me wrong, the Warden would be my choice if I was fine with it but as a long term goal, I don't want to become a Sylvan Ranger or a Prophet.

You got me on that. I'm just so fixated to work from the Barbarian class and become a Berserker or something. I love that, going crazy during a battle.

I just don't know how to get those things to increase reputation. I just tried searching through the Treasury and didn't find results, otherwise I have to wait another year and hope to get one. :shrug_confused:

Letters of Recommendation are given out on quests. I just got one on #138. They give you a single rep booth with one of the primary seven houses - your choice. Not salable.

Unsigned Letters of Marque are a hypothetical drop I've been proposing, that are the same thing, just salable, and only worth 1/2 a rep(to balance out the transferability effect)(You could only turn them in two at a time).

I know I could do that but I just don't want to do it with a Ranger. Don't get me wrong, the Warden would be my choice if I was fine with it but as a long term goal, I don't want to become a Sylvan Ranger or a Prophet.

If the games only going to last two more years, I doubt you'll even get to Level 40. :sceptic:

If the games only going to last two more years, I doubt you'll even get to Level 40. :sceptic:

He might do it with a MOG and focusing on quests with a high battle count. And, the space version of Heroica I proposed a while back looked like it was going to develop into a direct continuation of Heroica* - he might be able to just keep on playing.

*Sandy politely suggested we work on keeping the current game, so the project is currently in hibernation.

He'd have to spend a loooooooong time on the Fields to get a MoG. It took me almost a year, and that was before they renovated the Fields.

And no offense, but if your're going to do a space RPG, I know I wouldn't be overly fond of it being a continuation of Heroica. Heroica was Sandy's creation, and I think it should stay that way. :sceptic:

Will the game last for 2 more years, or just the main storyline?

Edited by Scubacarrot