ACPin

TC-14 Lego Promo

I ordered mine late on the 4th (early 5th in the time zone which S@H runs by in the US), and I got the standard purchase confirmation e-mail a few minutes after I placed the order (with TC-14 in the invoice), the shipping confirmation e-mail the next day, and according to e-mail and USPS everything is on schedule to deliver tomorrow. I'll let you guys know if I get both the poster and 'fig promos. I'm not sure if this is because I ordered from US S@H, because I ordered a Kingdoms set (the Joust) and not a Star Wars set, or both.

I ordered the SSD at 2AM Central Time (as soon as I got home from midnight Avengers showing) on the 4th and got the TC14 on the invoice. Got the shipping email the next day. No other communication. Package arrived yesterday and no TC-14. The invoice in the box had the R2D2 poster and SSD on it with a note saying "Additional items are shipping separately". Not sure what to make of that? Placed another order mid-day on the 5th and got the TC-14 on the invoice. Received the shipping email the next day and then quite a few hours later got a 'backordered' email for TC-14. Box arrived today with no TC-14 and a note on the invoice saying "TC-14 Excl. MF is on backorder". I guess I'll wait to see how angry to be about spending over $500 and not having a TC-14 to show for it.

Clanure

I ordered the SSD at 2AM Central Time (as soon as I got home from midnight Avengers showing) on the 4th and got the TC14 on the invoice. Got the shipping email the next day. No other communication. Package arrived yesterday and no TC-14. The invoice in the box had the R2D2 poster and SSD on it with a note saying "Additional items are shipping separately". Not sure what to make of that? Placed another order mid-day on the 5th and got the TC-14 on the invoice. Received the shipping email the next day and then quite a few hours later got a 'backordered' email for TC-14. Box arrived today with no TC-14 and a note on the invoice saying "TC-14 Excl. MF is on backorder". I guess I'll wait to see how angry to be about spending over $500 and not having a TC-14 to show for it.

Dude that sucks. I'd be pretty ticked off if that happened to me. I made sure to go to my local store to have some in hand and I was the first one to get one at my store. I learned from last year's ARF promo not to fully trust Lego when they have such promos.

Hi

i finally got my order - complete.

@clanure: i hope that i am not annoying you, but i got all promo parts (TC-14, the mini-Tie and limited Poster) only from a Archtecture purchase: The Empire State Building and the Rockefeller Center. Both are close to the limit 50€ so i added a Star Wars Keychain... Funnily it worked well! I hope all the best for people like you (SSD purchaser) to get all promos.

One word to the Poster: It says it is limited to 20398 copies. And it says the copy i have. Is that the worldwide amount or just the german release? Can anybody outside German confirm its charge?

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

One word to the Poster: It says it is limited to 20398 copies. And it says the copy i have. Is that the worldwide amount or just the german release? Can anybody outside German confirm its charge?

The back of my poster (canada) was 48,000 something. I am guessing it was for each region as it ships from the USA for us.

I considering ordering online for this May the 4th, but I have had issues in the past with the poster giveaway (they ended up sending me 2 posters instead of 1, but..) and I didn't want to take a risk. Besides, the Endor BP was on backorder - and these were going to account for half of my purchase. I was a little wary about stopping in late on the 4th and my Lego store, but they still had them in. Only 3 Endor BPs left though, whew!

Hi

interesting find! So we can see how Lego sees the AFOL market (i do not think the target market, 6-11 kids, care much about promos, or be able to purchase online.

So Germany 20398

Canada (plus US maybe) 48000 something ;)

more?

Dino

Hi

interesting find! So we can see how Lego sees the AFOL market (i do not think the target market, 6-11 kids, care much about promos, or be able to purchase online.

So Germany 20398

Canada (plus US maybe) 48000 something ;)

more?

Dino

My poster states 20,398 i`m the uk, im guessing its europe?

My poster states 20,398 i`m the uk, im guessing its europe?

Hi

you might be right. I think its the 48k for north america and 20k for europe. Althought both markets having 300 million people, NA gots twice in promo posters.

You guys have more freaks than we europeans ;)

Dino

My poster in the USA is out of 48,480.

On a separate not I got the following email earlier today. Looks like the "backordered" TC-14s are starting to ship.

Your LEGO® order has shipped. The tracking number is 000000000000000000000000. It may take up to 24 hours for your tracking information to be available on the shipping courier's website. After this time, you can track the progress of your parcel by clicking here.

ORDER DESCRIPTION

Description Qty Price

TC-14 Excl. MF 1 USD 0.00

Item: 5000063

Mine arrived today on schedule, with both the TC-14 and the poster. I ordered late 4th/early 5th, but I did notice that I have poster number 9,147 of 48,480, so it looks like this one was actually packed pretty early. I'm not sure why. (maybe because I'm across the country and TLG wanted to get it to me as soon as possible? I have no idea, unless it's because I ordered the Kingdoms Joust, which I don't see many others here ordering, and mine was easy to pack quickly)

I've made two orders early morning on may 4th around 6:30 CET.

The orders both got shipped in may 10th. They've just arrived,

everything is there 2x TC-14, 2x Mini-Tie and 2x R2D2 poster #68 and #69 from 20,398.

I have to admit I was a bit worried after the long delay between ordering and shipping but it seems everything is here.

With the low # on the posters I guess it got packed quite early but shipped later on.

Hi

thank you all posting your max. poster numbers. I think it is confirmed right now that the north america market seems to be twice as big (regarding promo ordering freaks like us) as the european market. Although both markets are 300 million big. I did not expect that - but obviously Lego did that.

Dino

I have also placed my orders on the 4th of May, but Lego S@H still says "In Progress"

I ordered the Fire Brigade and the Grand Emporium with free shipping to Austria. Lego seems to have difficulties with those TC-14s... :-/ hope, I'll get my order soon

I had planned to make an order, but ultimately decided against it in favor of just making purchases in person at the Downtown Disney LEGO Store in Orlando. I was able to get a TC-14 on Friday the 4th, and another on Saturday the 5th, and they still seemed to have plenty more; it appears to me the brick-&-mortar stores (well, this one, anyway) may have been better-stocked for the promotion than the online store.

My poster numbers, if it's of interest:

# 46,190 OF 48,480

# 46,313 OF 48,480

When I got them I overlooked the numbers, so I don't know which one I got first. Presumably store employees just handed each customer the top one off a stack or something similar, but they could always have gotten mixed in the store. At any rate it's clear that store had some of the last ones in the print run (not that I mind).

All of the Chrome Stromtroopers I got were through TRU and they were in the same type polybag as TC-14. No magnets.

Same here - TRU let me flat-out buy a few of them (and get another one free for buying the first few), but it may be that they weren't supposed to, and we just got lucky because of uninformed and/or apathetic and/or helpful and/or subversive TRU employees. :tongue:

Thanks to Lego's website, I'm now up to 15 TC-14s. If my local store properly credited me for all the additional $75+ purchases I made without getting TC-14s, I'd be closer to 20. :hmpf_bad:

How unfortunate. :hmpf:

Edited by Blondie-Wan

The order I placed late evening May 4th came in today. I got the poster and TC-14 minifig, the rest are backordered.

SO it looks like some USA customers who ordered late evening (USA time) have a fair chance of actually getting one as someone mentioned not getting TC-14. Those who ordered May 5th may be out of luck :sceptic:

I received my orders yesterday afternoon, both with the posters and TC-14s. I ordered around 8:00am CST in USA on May 4th. It is normally a 2-day delivery whenever I order from S@H from their warehouse in Mississippi. My poster numbers were 2,000 something and 6,000 something, so it looks like they would have been packed pretty early, but stood in a long line to get shipped out like a lot of others. I suppose TLG may have a banner year this year with these new licenses and this sale going so well.

I'm excited to have my first promo polybag. The figure does look quite lovely. I don't necessarily care for having 2 posters, but I'm sure I'll keep one and give the other away at Christmas or something.

Now I can't wait to see what the promo figure will be for next year :laugh:.

Hope everyone else continues to get their orders. I was getting a bit worried when it was taking so long (exactly a week instead of 2 days).

I got home from holiday today and my parcel was waiting for me. Everything there as it should be and poster 847 of 28,398.

I love the TC-14 minifig! :wub:

My poster is 8000 something, and the order was made no more than a few minutes into the promotion, and the package was shipped on the fifth. I guess it's pretty random who gets the low numbered posters, but I don't really care as with almost 50'000 posters made just for the US I don't ever expect these to become particularly rare.

The TC-14 from my second order shipped a few days after, from originally being backordered. Hopefully everyone else is getting theirs soon as well. I'm excited about getting it as I'll then be able to open my first TC-14.

My S@H order of the 4th arrived, too. Got TC-14, poster # 12k something of 20k something and the mini TIE. Despite not being informed on the course of the order and status, i can be pretty satisfied and again applaud TLG for getting things right in the end. A big thanks to you at S@H!!! :thumbup:

Just like the Brickdoctor, I had ordered Kingdoms Joust - a gorgeous civil set of the medieval theme. :wub: Just like MMV and MVR it is just loveable. I am sad that the line will be discontinued for at least a while. :cry_sad:

I'm suprised (and pleased) at the prices on Bricklink and eBay for this fig. I feared slightly that as it is another chrome protocol droid, and actually a better looking one than the chrome C-3PO, in my opinion, the prices could rise considerably. But, it looks like Lego produced a lot of these. :classic: Thumbs up for not making it a super rare release... I hate those. :angry:

Its going for 30 euros, and you got one free for spending 55 euros, its not what I would call cheap :P

Got mini tie + TC + SSD today, when I ordered it late on the 4th the site said out of stock until end of may.

Edited by S.I

Got my May the 4th order (10221!!) the other day. I love the TC-14, but was a bit annoyed by the fact that it was placed in the bottom of the box, underneath the weight of the SSD for the entire journey...

I feel like the luckiest guy today. I bought 3 more of these guys off ebay, they were all separate auctions but from the same seller. The prices were $27,$28,$29 and some cents on each one but I forget the exact amount. Anyway they all had free shipping and when I get them, there are 4 in the package and a sticky notes on one that said "I had an extra".

So now I have 5. :sweet:

I got poster 10,000 or so.

Got my May the 4th order (10221!!) the other day. I love the TC-14, but was a bit annoyed by the fact that it was placed in the bottom of the box, underneath the weight of the SSD for the entire journey...

Yep mine came the same way. LEGO always does it this way, my Shadow ARF Trooper I got with my Dino HQ set came underneath it.

I feel like the luckiest guy today. I bought 3 more of these guys off ebay, they were all separate auctions but from the same seller. The prices were $27,$28,$29 and some cents on each one but I forget the exact amount. Anyway they all had free shipping and when I get them, there are 4 in the package and a sticky notes on one that said "I had an extra".

So now I have 5. :sweet:

You. Lucky. Dog. :wub_drool: I only have one and still haven't opened it! :tongue: