Piranha

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 8 Rumours & Discussion

Found some at my local TRU today. I felt 4 and picked 4 random and still got some of my favorites. Felt the Actor, Diver, Santa, and Bat. Picked randomly the Conquistador, Pirate, Bavarian boy, and Football Player. :wub: Conquistador and Actor are easily my favorites. There are some really great figs in this series. :thumbup:

Woot, found a few left at my local TRU. Managed to get 6. Overall I am very impressed. Minifigs that did nothing for me in the photos seem much more impressive in the flesh as it were.

Old school diver - He is pretty much as expected. A good little fig, although I wish he had a less jovial expression.

Cheerleader - OK I admit I was meh on this one from the pictures. But I really like the fig. The red outfit with the black hair just pops. She is getting a chainsaw and being added to the Monster Fighters scenes :tongue:

Faerie - Not as bad as I feared, and a lot of individualy really cool parts. The wings are great, the torso has lots of MOC possibilities, the wand is fantastic. The hair is useful. The skirt I could live without.

female Skier - The last thing I wanted or needed was another skier. But the individual parts are fantastic for MOC's. The goggles face is great for lots of purposes. Great hair piece. Nice torso and the legs with the white boots :wub:

America Football Player - meh

Evil Robot - OK this fig has rocketed up to one of my most favorites. The bucket helm is not bad, but the head underneath it is fantastic. It almost feels like a Batman villain. The torso is even better. It's like an evil Iron Man. The whole thing could be used in so many ways. A nice Superhero of Agents foe. Something creepy from the Monsters Fighters lab. It's intended Space. lot's o fun to be had. :cry_happy:

All you Americans complaining that they haven't hit your store yet, spare a thought for us Aussies who wont be getting any S8 at all for weeks yet (going on past form)

Any sign of S8 in the UK? I know they're not officially out here until September, but I was hoping some retailers had broken the embargo. WHS and John Lewis are generally pretty good about releasing minifigs as soon as they get to stores, i.e. a week or two early.

Any sign of S8 in the UK? I know they're not officially out here until September, but I was hoping some retailers had broken the embargo. WHS and John Lewis are generally pretty good about releasing minifigs as soon as they get to stores, i.e. a week or two early.

Ah! In italy we'll se them in 3-4 weeks! I wish to live in USA... :-(

Nausi

Called TRU today. They're getting a new truck tomorrow. :D

-Sci

What happened to the old one? But seriously,I want a Bat for my MFs.

Well, I was wrong. despite having Series 5, 6, and 7 on the shelves still, my TRU got ONE box this week. I picked up the last 21 figures inside (without feeling them):

1 Football Player

3 DJs

1 Businessman

2 Red Cheerleaders

1 Alien

1 Robot

2 Conquistadors

1 Santa

1 Lederhosen Guy

2 Cowgirls

1 Diver

2 Skiers

3 Pirates

They should be getting another truck tomorrow (but the manager hasn't looked at the manifest yet). I will be happy with another businessman, a few more football players, a fairy, and an actor (I could care less about the bat, but maybe I should get one for completion).

I just checked it today at my local Toys R US, but suddenly the box disappeared. I asked one of the employees, but she said they gonna truck on next Wednesday.

I supposed to get the DJ and the rest of the minifigures except the Alien Villainess and the Vampire Bat.

All you Americans complaining that they haven't hit your store yet, spare a thought for us Aussies who wont be getting any S8 at all for weeks yet (going on past form)

Oh believe me, we do feel for you guys. You always seem to be at the absolute end of just about any supply chain, and when it does get to you the prices are astronomical. :sad:

(On the positive side the unavailability of consumer goods and over inflation of import prices seems to help drive more well tanned blondes with absolutely heart melting accents to our shores. So I'm not sure this is something we are in any rush to fix. :wub: )

Completed my set tonight, along with a second football player and actor. I dont't get why everyone's so gaga over the Evil Robot, which to me seems pretty unnecessary. I was much more impressed with the skier girl, who I didn't expect to look so good in person. Santa's a pretty great fig, and the Alien Queen fits right into the Alien Conquest theme.

Finally, I wanted to say that personally I think the Diver looks much better w/o the 1x1 plates on his feet. They just look too forced or unnatural.

Don't really see myself army-building any of these. Maybe a few more football players, cheerleaders and conquistadors but that's it. Feels so weird not gearing up for another round of knights, royal guards or Vikings!!

Found a fresh box at Toys R Us this evening. Grabbed the Bat, The Actor, The Alien Queen, and The Evil Robot.

The Queen is great, I'm not a huge fan of the dress brick to begin with, but I only need 1 Queen. The Bat goes great with my Zombie Crypt. The Actor is great with the double sided head and everything. My favorite though is the Evil Robot. I may get a few of them, make a mini Spyrius Droid Mk.II army.

I found my first S8 figures at Toys R Us yesterday. Managed to find 3 Conquistadors, 2 Manbats, an Actor, a Diver, and a Businessman. All of them are great. I'll definitely be doing some small-scale army-building with the Conquistadors and Manbats, and I'll grab a few extra Actors as well.

Is there a sheet up to findout which fig is in the bag?

I can guaranty it will be a Minifig ! :sarcasm_smug:

Still no S8 here in MN.

:sadnew:Happy Birthday me! 24th

-Sci

I feel that. I've checked in on the maplewood TRU a few times, and it seems odd that MN comes in deadlast to getting new CMFs. arghghgh.

Oh, and happy birthday.

Still no S8 here in MN.

:sadnew:Happy Birthday me! 24th

-Sci

And apparently not in MO either. Is it just the M or what?

And Happy Birthday :sweet:

I sadly made a new thread and didnt see people were discussing finding them in TRU on this one.I got them at my local TRU in Idaho. I got everything I wanted except the manbat :hmpf_bad: I tried but couldnt find a single one. So I guess now its time start the rummor mill on series 9 :devil:

Edited by legomonk

So, I found 21 minifigures the other day at TRU. Then, I got 6 more (some football-team building to do) yesterday. Today, I went to TRU, spent 30 minutes searching, and found the last 6 I wanted. I am done with Series 8!

Until...

Stupid me didn't notice that my wife tied up the six in a shopping bag, and I thought it was garbage. Down they went into the trash compactor. I guess I will spend another 30 minutes and more money on those six again. Would have been cheaper to buy them off eBay at this point ...UGH! At least it wasn't the first group of 21 figures, I guess.

My girlfriend and I went to our TRU in California, and we found 3 fresh boxes. They are really popular here. We found the conquistador, actor,and the diver in around 20 minutes. The diver helmet is a pretty big piece, and easy to distinguish.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

I dont't get why everyone's so gaga over the Evil Robot, which to me seems pretty unnecessary. I was much more impressed with the skier girl, who I didn't expect to look so good in person.

As a Collectible CMF the robot is fairly dull. But as a Space or SciFi MOC element the Robot is fantastic. The Black Red and Silver colors make him work well in oh so many ways. He can be a Superhero villain (He has a certain similarity to some of the old WW2 Robot "Sleepers" The the Red Skull used against Captain America). His red and black just screams Sith and his torso head and legs make great parts for SWTOR based Sith Warriors or Sorcerers. Just because of colors he is better for this than the original.