Confused, unsure of what it all means? Trying to decipher the clues? Does this picture actually mean anything?

5487504234_bfd3c825d6_z.jpg

All speculation can of course be posted here. Welcome to the mayhem Eurobrickers!

Basing my theory off of the minifigure's themes;

Adventure in the Underwater Realm with Skeletons?

Is that Maersk Blue on the right? And Dark red on the left? And everyone waiting for a new modular building with some unusual colours?

Perhaps a building contest that has particular focus on themed minifigs that don't already exist in those themes?

Each theme shown featured non-human figs fighting human figs, so it could also be a create-your-own conflict contest where we create a theme of our own as well as probably one or two sets for it.

ALSO- these themes are from three different periods!

2009 2010 and 2011.

...although I could be wrong about the fantasy castle era being present in '09

ALSO ALSO- The three characters show three real-life periods:

Pharaohs Quest: age of the adventurer

Atlantis: age of technology

Skellie: Age of knights and castles

Edited by ---Vertea---

I don't know what this means, but I'd like to point out that the fig on the left isn't the pharao's quest guy. It's a very common face on indy's body and legs.

I don't know what this means, but I'd like to point out that the fig on the left isn't the pharao's quest guy. It's a very common face on indy's body and legs.

Yes, but I'm pretty sure it's a placeholder for Jake Raines from Pharaoh's Quest. Given the similarity, I figure that's the conclusion we're intended to arrive at.

Based on that assumption, the skeleton is probably meant to suggest Ninjago, even though it isn't a Ninjago skeleton, and the Atlantis figure (obviously) suggests Atlantis, even though it's not one of this year's figures.

I don't know what this means....

Yeah, I thought it was just Mutt at first.

Is this thread just out of nowhere, or am I missing some series of posts about something?

Anyway, if I had to comment on this picture alone, I would point out that I notice a possible past (skeleton), present (Indy looking guy), and future (?space? lady) theme going.

I would also suggest the CMF bases can mean only one thing... are you ready for it? They didn't want the figures to fall down...

If the middle one is from Atlantis (which I would still consider more a futuristic theme), then one thing that ties them altogether is adventure themes.

Edited by fred67

Does it mean something like "win any three action themed minifigures you want after you solve three puzzles"? If so, that would be brilliant!

Edited by Gregorovich

I got it: It means, that the Adventurers, the Atlantis and the Castle theme are attacked and occupied by cruel questionmarks, and that they team up and strike back in the bloody mayhemous final battle, and are then discontinued. And that TLG gives us some bowel pieces. :sweet:

No? Okay, No idea. :hmpf_bad:

Choose your own adventure! I loved those books when I was a kid. Definitely got me interested in sci-fi/fantasy.

eh, let me guess...

Seeing that the minifigs are "off" they are waiting to reveal the real minifigs?

Or are they unveiling three Ultimate Collector Series sets of the three themes. (or is that wishfull thinking?)

Well if they are Pharaohs quest, Atlantis, and Ninajago, those are the pinned themes in the action themes forums. If that means anything...

Future replacements for each of the themes? A future collectible minfigs series? :tongue: . (I certainly hope not) Flesh versions of all the action themes?

I don't know about you, but I am Siriusly confused as to what this is. Is it from TLG itself?

Edited by Sirius Black

Perhaps they are going to announce that parts from these sets will be made available in the pick a brick section

or perhaps they will make a AFOL designed set from one of each of these themes, similar to the space skull set.

OK, lets make some observations

A. The figures

1. The Pharaoh's Quest guy's face is wrong. Maybe an oversight on ISC's part, but possibly significant. Especially as everything else is right.

2. Diver Chick looks to be right, but its from the older release wave.

3. The skeleton is clearly meant to be from Castle, since he's holding the flail. If he was supposed to be ninja-go a samurai sword would have been used.

4. The bases are probably just there to hold up the figures, though it might be significant.

The Question Marks

1. The colors have to be significant, as evidenced by the stud tile used on the dark brown. If the color's weren't important, ISC would have used a color with the proper parts. Alternatively, the stud is important?

Overall

1. 3 figures, 3 question marks, 3rd month of the year?

2. Must be something to do with the action themes given the posting location.

What does it mean? I have no idea.

Steve

Why is everyone assuming this is a message from TLG all of a sudden? Especially since I Scream Clone is not a LEGO Ambassador, and the LEGO Ambassadors would probably be some of the first to reveal direct-from-TLG info that hadn't emerged anywhere else. It's definitely a Eurobricks-specific thing

(Also, an official LEGO rep wouldn't have run out of 2x2 dark tan tiles and been forced to use a 2x2 jumper plate instead!) :grin:

I think it's a game to help kids in choosing a job in the future.

When I grow up, I'll be :

- an adventurer ?

- a diver (or a steampunk maniac) ?

- a skeleton ?

Personally I choosed option 3 as I hate sand and deep waters!

There maybe other answer to that clue but mine must be the more sane...

... hey, who said :"insane" ?

;)

My closest guess would be that it represents the fact that people are unsure if our three new action themes (Pharaoh's Quest, Atlantis, NinjaGo) will survive, or continue to be sold with new sets, to 2012.

My closest guess would be that it represents the fact that people are unsure if our three new action themes (Pharaoh's Quest, Atlantis, NinjaGo) will survive, or continue to be sold with new sets, to 2012.

That seems the closes so far, I think anyway.

But I though it was a question mark action contest :wacko:.

I can't wait to find out what it is.

Thanks, CB

It means that I Scream Clone doesn't have enough 2x2 tiles in dark tan, and had to use a 2x2 jumper plate. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I have no earthly idea. But it should be noted that, as has been observed, the skeleton is a Fantasy-Era Castle skeleton rather than a Ninjago one, and the adventurer uses Indiana Jones' torso and legs and a generic head rather than Pharaoh's Quest parts. Still, the uncanny resemblance makes me think these might still be meant to represent the three current action themes.

Ok, lets start with the fact that I don't own any of the 2011 sets yet so the figures I used ARE representing the three current Action Themes as best I can.

Is that Maersk Blue on the right? And Dark red on the left? And everyone waiting for a new modular building with some unusual colours?

Oooooo, he spotted the colours, well done. Continue speculation. (Its light blue though, not Maersk :wink: )

Yes, but I'm pretty sure it's a placeholder for Jake Raines from Pharaoh's Quest. Given the similarity, I figure that's the conclusion we're intended to arrive at.

Based on that assumption, the skeleton is probably meant to suggest Ninjago, even though it isn't a Ninjago skeleton, and the Atlantis figure (obviously) suggests Atlantis, even though it's not one of this year's figures.

Yup.

Choose your own adventure!

Intriguing. :look:

eh, let me guess...

Seeing that the minifigs are "off" they are waiting to reveal the real minifigs?

Or are they unveiling three Ultimate Collector Series sets of the three themes. (or is that wishfull thinking?)

Three UCS would be amazing! I wonder if TLC would be able to manage that in one year :wub:

Now this is a puzzler, hmm.....what could be create a new action hero......fuse more than one theme together or create a whole new action theme.........could be a new theme from Lego for the second half release ?

Or none of the above ?

I'm sure the truth is out there ! :grin:

Ninjago seems to have it's own heading in a way, apart from that aren't there two action themes running at anyone time ?

We haven't heard of any new sets for PQ.....short term theme eh ?

Don't worry someone will have to let the cat out of bag at some stage ! :wink: