eiker86

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5 discussion

Everyone seems to think the female is either a singer or performer of some sort. My twin brother just pointed out that if anything, she resembles a fitness trainer.

Also, her boom box seems to be the unreleased light lavender color we've had on LDD since version 3. Here's hoping that Bricklink doesn't confuse it with an old and out-of-production color when it makes its debut... of course, being a fairly unique color, I imagine that they should know better this time.

Yea, you can tell by her head band and clothing. I would've liked different coloured hair though, as it is too similar to the S2 singer's hair.

after all the exitment I want to give my little revieuw

Starting with:

Female Trainer: Meh, nothing special.

Boxer: awesome gloves other then that Meh

Eskimo: Nice figure a complete look, and very nice looking hoody

Royal Guard: Just amazing

Dwarf: Meh, beside the new shield it doesn't add something new to the dwarven minifigures of the fantasy era

Snowbaorder: Meh nothing special

Mafia: Meh nothing special

Gladiator: I think this will be the most wanted minifigure of this set! its just amazing to the core of the minifigure

Lumberjack: Awesome new axe, and printed cap, other then that Meh

Sherlock holmes: Awesome! Just Awesome

Little Clown: Meh, Only want the pie becuase I love pie

Monkey Zoo Keeper: LITTLE MONKEY :D awesome! new add for the zoo animals

Cleopatra: Meh nothing special beside the hairpiece

Gratuate: Nice :)

Godzilla; AWESOME :D

Female Cavemen; Nice:)

My thoughts that everybody in the entire world cares about:

Female Trainer: Seconded that this looks like a fitness trainer. I'm not sure I like the design on this one, and the pink boombox is rather throwaway - although I can understand why she has it (think 80s dance movies).

Sherlock Holmes: Looks okay; would probably look better in my hands. Can't see me wanting more than one for the collection, and maybe one more to mod.

Lumberjack: Will reserve judgement on the axe until seen from a different angle... but the figure isn't appealing.

Little Clown: One to get for the pie and the hat. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of the heads and torsos being traded, and on BrickLink.

Monkey Zoo Keeper: Now we're talking. R.I.P. Steve Irwin.

Cleopatra: Not a bad figure to have one or two of, but I'm throwing away that snake.

Graduate: (shame on whoever thought this was a judge.) Definitely one to build a small army out of. I sure hope the hat has a square and not a rod on the top, as it looks like in the video.

Godzilla: It looked a lot better on the leaked picture of the packet, to be honest. I hope the headpiece is improved, I don't think the teeth should be so prominent.

Female Caveman: Heck yeah! I could use quite a few of those.

Gladiator: As with the S2 Spartans and the S3 Elves, you can have 'em. The hype suggests that these will be the most popular, although I can't see the appeal. Cool-looking weapon though.

Mobster: Another desirable figure with an okay torso. Not happy with the choice of revolver over something like a tommy gun, and he could do without the goatee. It does look like he has a violin case, however.

Snowbaorder: Male counterpart to S3's female snowboarder. Another great chance to grab those beanie hats, and the torso is a keeper. Throw everything else away, I say.

Dwarf: Looks quite a mess in the video, but will probably be nearly as popular as the gladiator. I would just have one for the collection.

Royal Guard: Not bad, but I'm not sure about that hat.

Eskimo: Looks very nicely done, and this time it looks like he has a brown fishing rod (to resemble a wooden one). Same colour fish as the S3 Fisherman.

Boxer: Also looks nice. Personally I would swap that head out.

Series 5 looks decent enough. There are definitely some nice additions here however I'm a bit disappointed by some of the redundancies we're seeing with these figures. Some of the newer figures like thee fitness trainer(?) look far too similar to the pop star IMO. It would have been nice if they could have at least changed her hair colour. I think I'm going to limit myself to one of each for series 5.

YES!!!!

• Cavegirl has a club! Hope it's dark brown.
  • Really, really MEH! on the snowboarder.
  • Wish the lumberjack had S1 caveman beard in a different color.
  • Hope the dwarf has a printed torso.

definite buys for me are:

Cleopatra

Monkey Trainer

Sherlock Holmes

Mobster

I like that I'll be adding more females to my Steampunk/Egypt collection. I will also try to get the Eskimo, Cavegirl, and Axman for their torsos and excesories.

The hats/hair in this series are unbelivable! Blue Bowler, Mobster, Eskimo Hood, Brit. gaurd hair, Legionnaire, Godzilla mask, Boxer hat! This is most definitely the series for head accesories!

Aedai Rivin

Looking good! None of them really stand out for me, though.

BTW, in the video these are from, (see S4 discussion) I noticed the box and baggies are light blue. I was under the assumption they would be purple?

Looking good! None of them really stand out for me, though.

There are notable ones for me, especially the British guard, boxer, gladiator, Sherlock Holmes, and the mobster. But the others were obviously created just to supplement the previous CMS figs (cavegirl-caveman, snowboarder-skier-lady snowboarder, Cleo-Pharoah, female trainer-rapper-pop star singer, eskimo-fisherman, godzilla-gorilla, little clown-clown-magician, etc.). I still believe the upcoming Series 4 will be better than Series 5.

sure buy: boxer-trainer girl-female with monk-mafia guy-snowborder-eskimo-clown-man with axe-boy/student....that's all, the others don't really like...

I still believe the upcoming Series 4 will be better than Series 5.

Gotta agree with you there. Actually, a lot of the new stuff I had gone nuts over in prelims seem disappointing to me now. Half the SW Summer Wave and a dozen or so of these S5 minifigs. My favorite of this line is probably the Inuit fisherman, but I don't see much use for him.

Gasp! A lumberjack!

The ones that appeal to me are the guard, eskimo, boxer, gladiator, mobster, dwarf, detective, lumberjack, lizard suit guy and the graduate. Cleopatra might be good to combine with Pharaoh's Quest sets.

The lumberjack would be better with that floppy hat (what's it called?), so I can finally reenact the lumberjack song. :laugh:

Thank you all very much for these pics and the video! :classic:

Imo series 5 doesn't look as good as series 4 - nevertheless the majority of the minifigs included are awesome! :wub: :wub:

I really don't need a dwarf and a Sherlock Holmes. :thumbdown:

The female dancer looks nice - but too similar to the singer from series 2. And for what do we need another cassette recorder?! :sceptic:

Although I really like the new cap with a different printing: Do we really need a lumberjack?! :sceptic:

It's great that we get a male snowboarder! :thumbup: But imo his face looks a bit strange. :sceptic: Let's hope that the final version will include a printing on the beanie (like the skateboarder from series 4 has).

The British Guard, eskimo, mobster, godzilla, judge (for me it's a judge since in Germany we haven't got these strange uniforms for students), cave woman, clown, zoo worker and boxer look great. :thumbup:

From which I can say til now, for me Cleopatra and the gladiator are simply the best minifigures of this series - they look completely amazing! :wub: :wub:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I'll have to get one of each to have the collection, on top of that I may get an extra boxer and make a ring but other than that these new figs just aren't appealing to me too much. The bags are blue again! s4 is alot more colourful and the bags are orange! There are some nice new parts that can work in my city which I'll get from bricklink. Overall nothing too flash just ok. :sceptic:

This wave feels a little bit like series 3 to me - some nice new chracters, but also a lot of fillers just in there to re-use the pieces already designed.

I really like the Godzilla suit, and my Daughter wants the pink girl, even though that one looks like totally recycled!

Not jumping out like wave 4 did.

I'm kinda dissaponted about Series 5.

It looks like TLC have run out of ideas for the minifigures so they are reycling minifigs and making them a bit diffrent. If you don't know what I mean look out the Cavewoman (Caveman), Skier (Skier), Eskimo fisherman (fisherman), Dwarf (Castle Dwarf) and the woman with the boom box looks the EXACT same as the Series 2 pop singer.

I'll think I'll pass this one Lego :hmpf_bad:

Pompommini out :classic:

So the "female figure with a suitcase" is actually a gymnast with a pink boom-box... faír enough!

I'm already loving the stuffing out of these new characters! Especially the lumberjack (face!) and the graduate-student (cloth-coat!) will be desirable. The dwarf looked lighter in that initial leaked picture, yet his darker appearance in the Spielwarenmesse-video suits him well. If the red glowy eyes are kept, this "dark dwarf" or "underdwarf" as I like to call him, will face a fate akin to trusty S2's hoplites': bulk raids!

Edit: Honorable mentions go to cavegirl (so cool!), mobster, the zoo warden (Small chimp! Who'd thaught of that as accessory?) and the inuit (I like his outfit. Will be very useful).

BUT: Gender equality ftw, but do we need that male snowboarder so soon after his female counterpart? Come on! He'd better been on Series 7 or 8... He feels like the very first filler figure of all series combined to me.

Keep them coming TLC! Well played!

Be well all!

Cutty

Edited by Cutty

Dwarf- I want at least 5.

And I think its great t5hey are making female/male counterparts! I so wanted a cavegirl!

As a Godzilla Fan I have to got a godzilla suit guy and as a current student- I will surrely get one student!

But still I think series 4 is the best by now!

Series 5 look amazing! The teacher's hat, the zookeeper's monkey, the cavegirl's hair, Cleopatra's dress... The only things I'm a bit disappointed about is that the zookeeper's hair isn't a new colour, like the tennis player's or the surfer girl's, and neither is the dancer's. And I don't understand why the bags are blue, because so were series 2's. Anyway, overall, they look excellent. Thanks for the video!

I don't have a single complaint about this series, looks like an innovative bunch with many requested figs. The Cleopatra and the Cavewoman are probably my favorites, but I will of course get the entire series.

The only things I'm a bit disappointed about is that the zookeeper's hair isn't a new colour

It looks like reddish brown to me, and we haven't had that piece in that color yet. The nurse's hair was dark brown, the tennis player's was dark orange, and the upcoming surfer girl's is light brown.

Ok, lets take a little look on what we have in this wave.

Royal guard

A bit disappointed, I was hoping for a Danish one, although it would mostly mean blue pants instead of black.

Ice fisher

New hood I guess. Looks fine, but nothing too special.

Boxer

Cool.

Girl with boom box

Great….another “Flash dance” reference.

Gladiator

Awesome figure form what I can see, he just needs an opponent.

Gangster

Loving him, nice “violin” case.

Snowboarder

Ugh, can’t we for once have a wave without someone with a board (skateboard, surfboard or snowboard).

Dwarf

He’s going to fit right in with the others.

Monkey trainer

Nice, a new monkey mould.

Clown

A nice match for the old one. About time that LEGO created a bowler hat. Nice pie too.

Sherlock Holmes

Really neat

Lumberjack?

A LEGO hillbilly?

Cave woman

A good match for the old cave man, reminds me of Pebbles from the Flintstones.

Rubber suit monster

Now we just need a camera crew to film Godzilla vs. King Kong.

Graduate

Kind of neat, but a bit of an odd choice.

Cleopatra

A good match for the old Pharaoh.

I like this selection. I still think Series 1 is the best so far but S5 might be the second-best in my opinion. Unless you count Godzilla, there's no obviously Japanese figure here. That's odd, but that Godzilla does have a huge appeal to the Japanese market anyway.

I reckon that pink girl is working out rather than dancing, but I'll call her a Gymnast on my lists until I can think of something better. She has a very Eighties vibe to her. More Eighties please, TLG! She's probably the weakest fig here, in terms of new parts, though I like the very girly radio. I wonder if she's actually meant to be the popsinger, enjoying a little downtime?

Highlights for me would be mobster, boxer, Godzilla and Cleopatra. There's nothing I'd really like an army of.