Cecilie

MOC: Collectible minifig modular display - series 2!

Continuing my series of modular vigs to display my collectible minifigs as a shelf, here is series 2, finally done! (If you missed series 1, here is a link to my EB post about it). I actually found more of the figs from series 2 than series 1 hard to fit into such a small vig, but in the end, I'm mostly happy about them all (I won't tell you which ones I'm not so happy about, so as not to bias your own opinion of them :wink:). All of the pictures can be found in my flickr account, but here are some previews:

4938020882_ecc56a20b2_z.jpg

4938020892_cc3cf82736_z.jpg

4938024752_ebc5d91536_z.jpg

All of them put together:

4938028342_d25c512f99_z.jpg

And all 32, including series 1:

4938028388_16867078db_z.jpg

Hope you like them :classic:

This is just plain outstanding! :wub:

I love all of the scenes and even more so, when you integrate all of the 32 vignettes together. :thumbup:

This is now blogged in,

See it on Classic-Town.net

Cecilie, you have done an excellent work, again. I visited your Flickr account and could admire all the details. Your imagination is amazing.

How long have you been designing and building this second part of your display?

As a fellow norseman, I have to congratulate you on a great piece of work. I love the details (they're even better than the first series), but best of all is probably the disco ball. How did you do that?

I also really like the Mexican sleeping in the shadow of that giant cactus - and the idea with the surfer going through the wave is brilliant :)

Oh, I love what you've done with all these little displays. Just like series 1, amazing what you managed to cram into an 8 x 8 space...

Thanks for your nice comments :sweet:

This is now blogged

Wow, I'm honored :blush:

How long have you been designing and building this second part of your display?

Well, I started planning them in the beginning of July I think... so that would be two months. But I work a full time job, and had to wait for some bricklink orders, so it's not really two months worth of work :tongue:

but best of all is probably the disco ball. How did you do that?

I actually copied that technique from EB member brickfoot. You can see his micro death star and explanation of the technique here. I wanted to make a disco ball from the very beginning, but my attempts didn't lead to anything very convincing, until I got the idea of using the micro death star approach. It was quite hard fitting the trans clear dishes that way though. I suspect they are less "flexible" than the gray and black ones...

And too think I thought the first one was excellent, these are even better, and they look so good together, sooo jealous now. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for series 3. I think these are my favourite things i've seen on this forum so far.

AMAZING!

Thanks for making this great modular display of all the minifigs from the series, it offers us a really great overview :thumbup: .

:laugh: I was beaten to the punch! Mine will be 16x16 though.

These are excellent work, well built, well thought out and some cool construction went into them. I hope mine compare well later in the Month of Minifigs (September, if'n you didn't guess).

I'm really blown away by your nice comments, especially since these vigs are some of my earliest MOCs as an AFOL. :cry_happy:

I don't know why but the word that come to mind when seeing this is 'scrumptious'.

I had to look that word up, and some of the synonyms suggested make me hope you're not going to come and eat them :laugh:

:laugh: I was beaten to the punch! Mine will be 16x16 though.

These are excellent work, well built, well thought out and some cool construction went into them. I hope mine compare well later in the Month of Minifigs (September, if'n you didn't guess).

I admired your's last time, and seeing them was part of what gave me the idea to make a vig for each fig. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the minifigs this time :classic:

Absolutely beautiful!

How I wished I had time to do smething for my collectibles as well...

Thank you so much for sharing your great work!

Awesome... I also thought to do something like this, but I haven't got enough time... But you's is awesome!

Ewok

I'm really overwhelmed by all the positive feedback I've gotten on this display :cry_happy: I'll need to work hard so I won't disappoint with my next project, or I won't dare to show it to you! :blush: