Eurobricks Citizen
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Jonas

  • Birthday 01/25/1957

Spam Prevention

  • What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location


  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

893 profile views
  1. I hoped that my above response would be understood as a hyperbole. I just wanted to pointed out that - for some people - it may seem so easy to ask for limits/bans for cars, planes, travels, some meals, power stations, plastic, .. whatever, except of what they themselves like/need/use. If they want to make the entire world "sustainable", no growth would be possible.
  2. If you decided to share you concerns on THIS FORUM, I suppose you want to read responses that take LEGO into account. Too much plastic produced in the world? Well, let us admit TLG is one of those who contribute to it. Production growth? TLG is one of those companies. People asking for new products and buying them though they do not really need them? OK. That also us in this forum. People wanting new instead of old (still usable) products? OK. That also us in this forum. Etc. So would you agree that the most natural response to your concerns (at this forum) is: Stop buying plastic products, incl. Lego. Let us use (play with) only the existing sets and pieces. Let us share them with others, e,g with our children (and next generations). Or ask TLG to introduce policy: 1 kg new Lego for 1 kg of returned old. ... In this way we stop at least one of the closed loops you mentioned in your posts and make the world a bit more sustainable. Are you ready? Are we ready?
  3. Jonas

    [GBC] Akiyuki Ball Factory

    I had to look at the video to see what you mean. If I remember well that gear was prepared for the case that the additional (relay) module would be driven by the main drive - via a gear train attached to the spiral lift. That idea did not prove to work well, so I added an additional motor. The 24t gear was left on its place. Jonas
  4. Thank you, Philo, for the fast response.
  5. Good work, Philo. Does anybody know how is the encoder connected to the output wires? Can we just read binary values on one or two wires to count pulses and get the relative position?
  6. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    This is my version of Akiyuki's Peanut module. I call it Trefoil.
  7. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    I agree. The modular concept brings a new level to this amazing GBC system. I am sure that Akiyuki and other people will come with new layouts or even new modules. I can imagine inclusion of straight tracks, maybe also the incline ones. One just needs to keep synchronization. For me, the main challenge is to make an inter-leaving system with just one pair of loader and unloader where a cart will travel 1 and 1/2 loop before being unloaded.
  8. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    Akiyuki has proved again that his visions go much further than most of us can imagine. Now, it is clear why he introduced the non-straight arrangement of the tracks.
  9. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    Today I received the roller coaster tracks and cars so I could complete the Peanut module. I am still amazed by its clever design that allows for ball relays and transfers in rather high speed. Moreover, it worked correctly from the first moment after I switched on the motor. I have built the original version as I like its out-of-line orientation and mainly the movable output track which may be easily arranged for loop-back feeding. Here and there I made some modifications, usually to avoid some extra BL purchases, e.g. the replacement of the black banana gear by a series of slopes.
  10. Jonas

    [GBC] Assorted Modules

    A nice batch of GBC modules. I like that they do not require large amounts of components and hence it will be not that difficult to build and test them at home.
  11. Jonas

    The Sun (GBC) Instructions

    Seems so. I had to build with limited supply so I omitted some parts here and there. The rotating part is carried by 2 pairs of 24 t gears, 1 pair in front, the other in back.
  12. Jonas

    The Sun (GBC) Instructions

    The primary reason why I used them was that I had had a shortage of standard 24T gears and these seemed to do the same job. Later I realized that they look interesting.
  13. Jonas

    The Sun (GBC) Instructions

    This is a really well thought GBC module and in my experience it is fairly reliable. Thank you, PG52, for this nice piece of engineering! And thank you, Ankoku, for your service to community. I have built my version according to PG52's video (and his Brickshelf gallery) while taking also some ideas from Dunes' version (Black star). I had to improvize as I wanted to avoid BL purchases, so my version may look a bit strange in some details. Anyway it runs well. Recently, I tested it in a loop with some Akiyuki's modules. Here is video.
  14. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    Moreover, he omitted a backdoor in the pump to empty it after a show is finished -:) It is just a joke. This is a perfect module, with several nice technical tricks. And the instructions are very professional.
  15. Jonas

    [GBC] The Akiyuki Project

    I fully agree. For me, purchasing his instructions is an appropriate way of supporting his highly inspiring works. I also like that he thinks on those with different skills. For those who want to go the reverse engineering path, there is usually a lot of details in the videos, for the others, there are carefully made BI.