Sign in to follow this  
I Scream Clone

TOMBCLONE: Wild West MOC Series

indexed.gif

Tombclone

Welcome fellow Eurobrickers to the start of my Western series. Today I present two MOCs from the town of Tombclone. It is highly recommended that all town members carry a firearm at all times due to the likelihood of gittin shot inna back.

First up we have the Tombclone Saloon, a shiftier, surlier place of corruption you will not find. In fact it appears to be high noon and a showdown over a gold claim is about to draw blood.

4307605023_f4650d8d45.jpg

4308346286_9943fef0f0.jpg

4307606509_c61e8b20ca.jpg

In this town the law is a necessity, what with gold claims, disputes and general frontier hardship the Sheriff's office is a busy place. Take a look around but be sure not to loiter.

4307626621_8a99d3a178.jpg

4307625027_bff0642f7d.jpg

Pictures are links to higher resolution images. :wink:

I plan to add to this topic as I create more features for Tombclone. Don't forget to check out TheBricksters Gravestone series or Legohaulic's Western MOCs which were both a great source of inspiration. Also if anyone would like to photoshop some desert landscape onto the pics (hint hint) go ahead, pretty please.

Full Tombclone Gallery

This is really amazing ISC. I knew you were up to something when you started that topic on Western figures recently. :wink:

I really like the color scheme of both buildings. The 'Green Grocer' bricks work really well on the sheriff's office and look good when combined with the white roof. But my favorite part has to be the wooden balcony structure on the saloon.

Finally, a really 'Classic' Town (Blogged! :wink: )

Edited by Rick

Great work ISC, I really like your buildings.

The front facade of the Sheriff office is great. :thumbup:

And your Saloon is great too,

although the doors look a bit skinny, if you look at the first picture.

But that balcony is great, well done. :thumbup:

the Inventor

Hey, we have a new town in Eurobricks, and it's known as the town of Tombclone! :wub:

I am fairly sure, you are attempting to relate it with your user name, "I Scream Clone".

So, this is your long awaited presentation to the World of Wild West, and I am very sure this will thrill TheBrickster very much. The gunfight at the Saloon, appears to be very dangerous and exciting with those armed fast moving guns! Seriously, I don't think those ladies are too pleased to be part of this action. Shouldn't they be feeling worried or scared? :tongue:

I have not seen a green looking Sheriff's office. Most of the time, that I have seen are made of brown bricks, to represent a cottage looking house, whereas yours adopt a different but unique colour scheme, and in fact, I like the signboard and rooftop which you have built at the front.

These are real nice buildings that you have done there, especially when this is your first attempt (I assumed) in your Wild West building. :thumbup:

Fantastic ISC......great western buildings of course with a good old saloon fight and please don't shoot the piano player ! :laugh:

I'm a conformist! ISC !

It sure is Western season! I'm sure you can't guess what I'm working on right now :grin:

Although I'm fairly sure my MOC won't be as awesome as your or Kris Kelvin's :blush:

I really like the colours you used in your buildings. Not only the tan, dark tan and brown which gives a nice natural feeling, but also the sand green and white that shows that the inhabitants of the town actually cares about it's look. :wink:

Yesterday I spent a lot of time building the people for my western MOC and you've given me some nice inspiration for how to expand their numbers. I especially like the minifig in front of the Sheriff's Office with the SW rebel torso. I really need to get me one of those! :wub:

(EDIT: I posted in your topic about Western minifigs too, you can watch and comment my minifigs there if you like)

Great work ISC, I can't wait to continue to explore the town of Tombclone :thumbup:

Edited by Etzel

Yee-haw! I Scream Clone does it, and very nice I will add. I reck'n I'll be back for a more critical review of each of your Tombclone buildings. Looks fantastic so far! :thumbup:

It really is great to see interest in the Wild West theme - one of those "warm fuzzies" for me.

The "bushes" (for lack of a better word... sorry) are fantastic !

Bushes are better made from ants :classic:

daddy_dalton.jpg

From Zgredek (Lugpol) gallery

Very well done on both buildings, I like the guy being thrown out fo the Saloon :laugh:. Keep it up, I like seeing all these western MOCS.

Wow you just keep spilling out these lovely western MOCs! The minifigs are awesome as usual. I really like the use of the cape as poncho. I love the use of those odd sand green bricks in the sand green building.

Bart

Congratulation

Great job, I really like them both. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The front of the saloon is a 5stars for me.

Detail, detail and more detail is what really describes this MOC, the guys about to have the gun fight is one of the best parts :thumbup:

Thanks to all of you for stopping by to comment on my Tombclone builds, I hope to have more soon. :grin:

Hey, we have a new town in Eurobricks, and it's known as the town of Tombclone! :wub:

I am fairly sure, you are attempting to relate it with your user name, "I Scream Clone".

So, this is your long awaited presentation to the World of Wild West, and I am very sure this will thrill TheBrickster very much. The gunfight at the Saloon, appears to be very dangerous and exciting with those armed fast moving guns! Seriously, I don't think those ladies are too pleased to be part of this action. Shouldn't they be feeling worried or scared? :tongue:

I have not seen a green looking Sheriff's office. Most of the time, that I have seen are made of brown bricks, to represent a cottage looking house, whereas yours adopt a different but unique colour scheme, and in fact, I like the signboard and rooftop which you have built at the front.

These are real nice buildings that you have done there, especially when this is your first attempt (I assumed) in your Wild West building. :thumbup:

I guess you figured out the link to my user name :classic: I am glad you like, I was keen to use Sand Green for one of the buildings in Tombclone and feel it looks good.

It sure is Western season! I'm sure you can't guess what I'm working on right now :grin:

Although I'm fairly sure my MOC won't be as awesome as your or Kris Kelvin's :blush:

I really like the colours you used in your buildings. Not only the tan, dark tan and brown which gives a nice natural feeling, but also the sand green and white that shows that the inhabitants of the town actually cares about it's look. :wink:

Yesterday I spent a lot of time building the people for my western MOC and you've given me some nice inspiration for how to expand their numbers. I especially like the minifig in front of the Sheriff's Office with the SW rebel torso. I really need to get me one of those! :wub:

(EDIT: I posted in your topic about Western minifigs too, you can watch and comment my minifigs there if you like)

Great work ISC, I can't wait to continue to explore the town of Tombclone :thumbup:

Sounds good, I look forward to what you come up with too. Cheers

Bushes are better made from ants :classic:

daddy_dalton.jpg

From Zgredek (Lugpol) gallery

Very creative use of ants indeed.

:thumbup: Great work with everything- tumbleweeds are so creative :cry_happy:

I am glad most people realized they were tumbleweeds :cry_happy:

*Walks into saloon, orders 1 bourbon, 1 Scotch and 1 beer and falls off stool*

Amazing job buddy! :thumbup:

How very Thoroughgood of you, cheers!

Head for the hills pardners!

I love that saloon - especially the detailed balcony supports detailing :wub:

I like how you've photographed it so the bricks look like dark tan and dark brown too :wink::laugh:

These are both great I love the classicstyle of them both. I would love to see more out of the series.

Wow nice western MOCs. The saloon has a great balcony and good deatailed supports also you have captured the feeling of a western diorama with the gunfight about to happen with the creative tumbleweeds

Now for the sheriff's office. how you did the dark green and lighter green is really creative and the roof and deck are great too.

I would enjoy seeing more of the series if there is more, yet it would also be alot more authentic if you did the inside of the buildings.

Wonderful MOCs, these western creations have been becoming more commen hopefuly TLC will relize people still enjoy the western theme and reintroduce it to Lego

Very well done on both buildings, I like the guy being thrown out of the Saloon :laugh:. Keep it up, I like seeing all these western MOCS.

I thought the guy was jumping out. :thumbup:

I really like the style of the MOC, this is top notch. :thumbup:

The style is a lot like Kris Kelvin his MOC. Are you two planning a layout or something? :wink:

Is there an interior? Do you have some back shots?

Kind regards,

Teddy

That's a great Wild West MOC, I Scream Clone! :thumbup:

I really :wub: it!

The buildings look very realistic and the minifigs add the right atmosphere! :oh:

The only thing I do not like are the "coats" of the bandidts - they would surely look minimum the good without them.

And the signs "Sheriff" and "Saloon" put in these square "boxes" look imo too modern.

Otherwise it's great!

The most I like the detailed railings of the saloon.

Very well done! :thumbup:

Btw: Did you (think about to) add some interior in the buildings? :wink:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter