Evil Willy

TUTORIAL: Making Sails

Heres my question, Is it okay to iron the carribean clipper's sails?

I just need to know because my sails are wrinkled. I need an answer!

Thanks! :pir-grin:

Edited by Genaral armendariz

Heres my question, Is it okay to iron the carribean clipper's sails?

I just need to know because my sails are wrinkled. I need an answer!

Thanks! :pir-grin:

set the iron to low and put the sails under a tshirt or other fabric face DOWN so the decals are facing the ironing board. then the shirt on top and iron away!

Yes, definitely put some material between the sails and the iron - a sheet or clothe will also suffice.

DO NOT use steam or have any water in the iron! Humidity tends to introduce mildew to the sails and unslightly brown patches begin to appear.

If you ever wanted a quick and easy way to make sails then my link should help

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/79371

Awesome tutorial Paul! Those aiming to make smaller vessels will really benefit from it.

well ur idea is brilliant i have to admit. But what set would u recommend for boats?

Check out our How to make sails Tutorial because there are heaps of ideas there!

nice tutorial! It's already how I did for my ship ^^ you explained it well! great job :thumbup:

Very good Paul Cantu, I really like this tutorial, even when I already know how to make them I am certain of the fact many others don't.

Very good Paul Cantu, I really like this tutorial, even when I already know how to make them I am certain of the fact many others don't.

Like me...now finding a boat... :pir-laugh:

Litlle off-topic:

What material are the real ones bij TLC made off ???

I never seen them before... :cannon:

Edited by Capt. Kirk

Awesome tutorial Paul! Those aiming to make smaller vessels will really benefit from it.

Check out our How to make sails Tutorial because there are heaps of ideas there!

Do you mean the classic pirate sets or the 2009 one's :jollyroger:

Very cool links to various tutorials on all counts. This will be helpful for those of us who did not keep our old Pirates sets at the onset of our dark ages. I'm still ashamed of that. But thank goodness for Bricklink!

Pretty nice method thanks for sharing it with us :pir_laugh2: i will start to work on it this next weekend if i get some free time :pir-laugh:

I am making an MOC ship to go alongside the Brickbeard's Bounty, and I am wondering if anyone knows what the name of the material that Lego uses to make their sails is called. It seems more like paper than cloth to me. I want to get something close to what the Bounty uses to make the new ships sails.

The hull of my ship is almost finished and I have to think about the rigging. I've seen lots of nice ways to make custom sails and I think I'm going to combine some ideas.

Thanks for this turtorial! :thumbup:

I'm working on making custom sails for my BB. I intend to turn it into a Imperial Soldier ship for a little while.

Why is it that I always see pictures disappear on flickr. I would love to use this guide to make custom sails for my new Imperial Flagship and I would love to make some sails for some frigates I plan to build in the future.

The pics disappeared as Evil Willy's Photobucket account has been inactive for 90 days, although they're still present on his account.

I saved them to the Classic-Pirates photobucket, so now they're restored :pir-wink:

The pics disappeared as Evil Willy's Photobucket account has been inactive for 90 days, although they're still present on his account.

I saved them to the Classic-Pirates photobucket, so now they're restored :pir-wink:

Thank you very much. This will come in very useful for my project so, your efforts are much appreciated. :pir-classic:

I just got done with my first Lego sail using this tutorial, and it came out amazingly, thanks so much mate, keep up the good work! :jollyroger::pir_laugh2::pir-classic:

Out of curiosity, whats a good way to make some good custom sail designs?

Get a piece of paper and a pencil, and be creative!