M'Kyuun

New Elements

I was just thinking that same thing last night---I really wanted/needed a 1x3 jumper plate (with 2 studs)---a normal jumper plus a 1x1 tile beside it just isn't nearly strong enough for a lot of places.

And to everyone who said 1x3 tiles--those too! Lately LEGO has seemed so intent on making big, new, complex pieces that very few sets will use, when "obvious simple variations of basic pieces that could be used in EVERY set" go un-made...

Photos of next years Power Miners set appear to have a couple of 1x3 tiles in lime green. It looks like TLC has been listening yet again.

Bryan

I was just thinking that same thing last night---I really wanted/needed a 1x3 jumper plate (with 2 studs)---a normal jumper plus a 1x1 tile beside it just isn't nearly strong enough for a lot of places.

Hello,

this 1x3 jumper plate with 2 studs would make some things easier and more stable. I would put it on my christmaslist :)

-Leergut

Why do people call it a "jumper plate," by the way? :wacko: I haven't seen that term used anywhere on Bricklink, Peeron or PAB.

synchromesh gears in more than one size (like the current 16t dark bley one)

This would be quite handy. The differentials already have a 24 tooth version on them, so they just need to make that into a separate piece.

One other Technic piece I would really like to see is a large ring gear with teeth on the inside, so we could make realistic planetary geartrains. The turntables have long been the only piece like this, and the center hole is too small to be of any use in practice.

Edited by CP5670

Why do people call it a "jumper plate," by the way? :wacko: I haven't seen that term used anywhere on Bricklink, Peeron or PAB.

Because TLG also uses that term in one of their bulk sets (well they called them 'bricks', which is obviously wrong). But I think it was already used by the AFOL community way before this set was released.

Because the plate allows a connection that 'jumps' inbetween two studs. Confused me untill I found out aswell.

Because TLG also uses that term in one of their bulk sets (well they called them 'bricks', which is obviously wrong). But I think it was already used by the AFOL community way before this set was released.

What an incredibly usefull set that was! I wish they still did packs like that now. Looking on BrickLink they have a whole series of these parts. They sound like MOC paradise!

Edited by mikey

Ah, I get it now. I think "one stud 1x2" makes much more sense though. :tongue:

What an incredibly usefull set that was! I wish they still did packs like that now. Looking on BrickLink they have a whole series of these parts. They sound like MOC paradise!

I guess we have PAB now, which mostly negates the need for these service packs of basic pieces. Lego Education still sells a lot of service packs containing more specialized pieces, especially Technic ones.

Edited by CP5670

I guess we have PAB now, which mostly negates the need for these service packs of basic pieces. Lego Education still sells a lot of service packs containing more specialized pieces, especially Technic ones.

True, but I find PAB quite expensive, and I presume these packs picked by machine would have been at a much better price point. I have appreciated the 6119 Roof Tiles pack, if only you could get a Black version, and intend to get 6117 Doors and Windows, although I think the selection is heading towards being a bit random. Now this is getting a bit off topic, I enjoy reading this thread, many good ideas in here.

A 2x2 "jumper" with a single, centered stud.

Different sized masts for ships.

Different sized hulls - Have the current be medium, and revive the small hulls, then add big hulls that are not Duplo - say 24 to 30 studs wide. This would be great for a Pirate line merchant ship, or a Royal Navy troopship.

A smaller size of cannon with a smaller footprint.

A cane.

BLUECOATS!-Torsos, and maybe a small ship.

Two-wide treads.

1x3 Jumper with 2 studs.

A new windscreen for 6-wide cars.

I'd really like one of these heads:

3626bpx263.1083605014.jpg

without the scar. The scar prevents him from blending in with a City collection.

What's a cheese slope? :wacko:

Edited because wrong part showed, sorry :blush:

Edited by Milan

This is a cheese slope:

50746.jpg

A 2x2 "jumper" with a single, centered stud.

They are in the new board games (the game with the pyramid has them in dark tan).

Edited by Rick

This is a cheese slope:

50746.jpg

They are in the new board games (the game with the pyramid has them in dark tan).

Thanks, Rick, I will edit my post above!

If I'm not mistaken, there are some dark tan 2x2 jumper plates in one of the prelim sets for Prince of Persia :classic:

(Also, WOOHOO! I've gained citizenship!)

1) Like Klaus Dieter, I'd like to see a new scooter for the city theme. I mean, a scooter having the same size than the old ones...

2) Tan "cheese"

3) Fez available with different colors (black, green, etc.)

4) Female "black" head (I suppose it won't be released but I can still hope...)

Well I know one piece I would really like would be a Cheese Slope, but have a stud on the bottom, instead of a stud receptacle. I'm not sure If I'm explaining it very well but I hope you get the general idea.

You mean an inverted cheese slope? :)

I've been thinking about that as well, could be quite useful.

Some parts I wish existed:

This part http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=52038 in 6 wide (black, dark bley, white, other colors)

This part http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=52501 in black

This part http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=51739 in black

This part http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=51739 but in a 6 x 3 (with matching angle) instead of a 4 x 2

new 6-wide airplane/helicopter front in black with smoke glass

other 6-wide airplane bits in black

It's a long time LEGO makes bikes, but theese years they only come in red, it would be nice to see some in white, rose, black, tan, green, etc.

It's a long time LEGO makes bikes, but theese years they only come in red, it would be nice to see some in white, rose, black, tan, green, etc.

Perhaps some different styled bikes too i.e BMX, Mountain Bike,

Some more Star Wars specific elements like a slightly different blaster between clones/stormies and battle droids or rebels. TLG's own blasters are much better than trans-ornage shooting megaphones but they aren't good enough to compete with Brickarms imo. A new type of treads for vehicles that is is roughly 4 studs wide would also be very nice. Another suggestion is the addition of a completely new element for seaweed which is in dark trans green, which would go nicely with Atlantis and other similar themes. I also agree with the 'more variety of bikes' idea by Skipper.