donneyboy

Vintage Minifigure Collection II

Ooooh, I'm loving the Classic Spacemen and the town figure.

The Pirate and Ninja (funny combination :laugh: ) are alright. I would've picked a more interesting pirate than one that looks somewhat like one of the newer ones.

MUST BUY :wub: !!

It's not bad, but the pirate vest looks way too light compared to the old ones. I'm sure it's just the picture, at least I hope so.

As for ever seeing a forestman, forget it, the hats are out of production. It would literally take making new molds to produce them again, and that would hardly be worth the effort unless they launch a completely new line of them.

Are those Futuron or Classic helmets?

If by Futuron you mean the current racing type helmets, that's what they are.

This is definitely better than volume 1. I never got any of the ninja sets, so I'm looking forward to picking this one up. It would be great if they brought back the old helmet style for these sets, but it's probably out of production, too.

As a massive Classic Space fan this should be a dream come true for me, but unfortunately it's not. There are a couple issues with these packs: 1. They're very pricey $30 AU for 5 figs, making them 50% more expensive than a star wars battlepack with 4 figs and a bunch of pieces and a big amount of licensing costs. 2. I have no desire for any of the other figs, meaning I'm paying $15 per classic space fig. 3. They won't match my collection of classic space figs because of the modern helmet and as someone stated before the logos aren't positioned in the same place as the original figs.

So what could be done to fix this, make these sets them related, space, castle, town, pirates et cetera and I'm sure a lot more people would get them. If I could get 5 old school space figs for $30 then I'd have no hesitation in buying them.

Ooh, I love the Ninja. But I wonder, if they release an old minifig for the next collection, with Dark Gray, will they use the old color to keep it official, or will they use Dark Bluish Gray because it's all they have? :tongue:

It would be Dark Bluish Gray. Old Dark Gray is no longer a color that Lego uses.

If they were going to make the vintage Lego figs legit, they would have started by using the old fashioned torsos and the Space figs would have the old space helmet and not the one we have now.

-Omi

Thank you very much for that pic, donneyboy! :sweet:

This minifigure collection is much better than the first volume.

But nevertheless the minifigures included in it are totally mixed. I really don't understand why TLG does not release one collection with only Space minifigs, one with only City minifigs, one with only Castle minifigs and one with only Pirate minifigs. :hmpf:

I surely won't buy it since I'm not interested in these Space minifigs and apart from that it's imo much too expensive!

Klaus-Dieter

Looks a bit like a random grab from a random person's bin of minifigs to me... it does not give a good impression of how the minifig evolved in general.

Now if they put a lady with white pigtails in one of these sets, that would be something... well, who knows, maybe there will be an all female minifig collection???

I though MFC 1 was overpriced, and this one is even more expensive!

Plus, as much as I love classic space (which MFs had the old helmet...), we already had the red guy and now we have two out of five. Do they just pick random minifigs to put in these "collections"?

I agree with those who say there should have been more in this set, they could easily produce a Black Falcon figure with a flared helmet instead of the black classic spaceman.

Disappointing. :hmpf_bad:

Two spacemen is a cop out - Especially after including a spaceman in the first volume. If they must have a spaceman then they could have included a Futuron/Blacktron/Space Police/etc instead. Including two spacemen instead of something more varied is cheap. Also, as said above the printing is wrong on the space torsos (maybe this is an early proto version?) and the helmets are wrong. These are the later type helmets (big chin) which is not correct. They made this mistake on the first volume too. If they cannot make old style helmets for this set they should not include thes space figures at all.

Bad, bad, bad. :angry:

Cheers

Rog

I'm still disapointed in this series. They are supposed to be classic minifigures, and you pay a real premium price for them, but the details are not correct, and the choice of figs (2 spacemen?) is somewhat lacking. For 5 bucks a piece, I expect period correct colors, accessories, and printing.

The choice of a ninja is great, and I'd love to have one of those postmen, but not enough to purchase this set. As for some of the figs we haven't seen yet (other pirates, female figs, other castle) I'm sure we will see them in future editions, but I likely won't be picking those one up either.

I'm not convinced by this set either. I don't like the mix of themes that is a non-sense (two identical classic space, one postman between them, etc.), and the centered torso logo as well as the new helmet makes them wrong.

I would see theme boxes too: one for city, one for space, one for castle... For sure I'd buy one of them, at least the castle one if there would be two 375/383/677's minifigs and probably the space one if it would include a jetpack and a city spaceman with golden visor.

Maybe Lego should have chosen another strategy for their Vintage Minifigure Collections*. If so, it's really a pity because they'll say that customers don't want vintage releases, which is wrong in my opinion.

* I can imagine that these sets look cool during a focus group session; but what about in a shop or when browsing the S@H?

I think this is a good collection. As people mentioned, two spacemen is kind of boring, but I'll probably be getting this collection anyway.

Having two spacemen in there does not bother me at all. Maybe this is because I don't have so many classic space sets. Unfortunately, the spacemen come with the newer helmets, which is no real surprise since the spacemen of vol. 1 also came with the same helmet. But I'm eagerly waiting to see a castle minifig in those collections.

It's up on S@H for all countries except USA and Canada, but it's not available yet. There is no price set either but I would be very surprised if it isn't the same as VMC I.

It's up on S@H for all countries except USA and Canada, but it's not available yet. There is no price set either but I would be very surprised if it isn't the same as VMC I.

IF the prize is the same as Vol. 1 (16,99€)...

One mini figure will cost 3,398€ (4.43293$ via EX.com)... not cheap !!!

For that prize I have Imperial Guard with shako & back pack !!!

$4 per figure plus tax, thats not nostalgia, thats extortion on childhood memories. :thumbdown:

This would be perfect at $10 per set. Battle packs have 4 minimum figures plus parts and weapons. I just don't understand.

Nice set overall, but like many I don't get the double space figures escpecially considering they are in the same series with only a different color.

Five of these or a medieval market place, hmm? Real tough choice :wacko:

$4 per figure plus tax, thats not nostalgia, thats extortion on childhood memories. :thumbdown:

This would be perfect at $10 per set. Battle packs have 4 minimum figures plus parts and weapons. I just don't understand.

Agreed - it's a ripoff. They are charging about double the BP and there are NO licensing fees. They could argue that they won't sell as many, but if you put in popular figures (e.g. forestmen, Black Falcon, Imperial soldiers, etc.) and drop the price to $10 and people will buy in droves. I'd love if they'd do mini-fig sets with a classic theme. For example, a castle set with a peasant, BF, Crusader, and a Forestman would be awesome.

Well, the packaging is completely different from the normal cardboard and print, so I imagine that raises the price.

Strange that Lego offered two space men (although I like the black one).

But just like the last set of classic figs, I think these sets aren't worth the price $$$. I could see paying a bit more for for some pieces of brick, but not for five figs.

Thanks for sharing the picture and news though.

Saw this at LEGOLAND on Friday for 20 USD.

...$20!?

..$20 for four minifigs?

I'm going there next week, so I'll have to clarify this.

That Collection is much better than the first one!

Saw this at LEGOLAND on Friday for 20 USD.

Yeah, normal price. I hope that the set will arrive at Shop@Home, too.

Greetings 'Bricks'