Hinckley

10193 Medieval Market Village

Is it me or is the same house building technique used as the one in 3739 Blacksmith Shop?

If so, then my guess is that we will be seeing a lot of MOCs using that technique within long.

Just like the modular rise that came with the great Green Grocer, Market Street and something something :thumbup:

The set is absolutely fantastic. :thumbup:

I don't know if I'll get it but LEGO designers have done a great job.

They did, but don't forget that they get lots and lots of nice free ideas from all those uploaded LDD creations, I remember seeing some building techniques they use in this set in the factory gallery.

I can definitely see someone using this in a WW2 MOC. Maybe some houses in Holland? What an amazing set :cry_happy:

*puts hand up* Oh my goodness thats an AWESOME idea!!! :cry_happy::thumbup:

Now lets hope this makes it to the shops :sceptic:

Hmm now I just have to get this set because of this comment :cry_happy:

That is a just such a :cry_happy: set. Wow! I'd say it's right up there with Town Plan, Café Corner and any other sets of equal caliber.

I'm not much of a castle fan, but that's not stopping me from getting this. Prices seem to indicate that it'll be possible for me to get this through the "Barnas Drømmeby"-event, of which I'm voulenteering both weekends. I could use a "old-town" district in my town-to-be, not to mention that it would fit in with my planned architectural style for it.

I know this is awesome its like A Castle Town Plan, kinda like how they did a Castle Advent Calender!

Ye OLDE Cafe Corner.

:laugh:Hes right though!

Just realized there are two cows :wub:

I hereby Eurobricks Copyright the terms Cow-Force and Exo-Cows.

I think my intentions are clear.

:laugh:

WOW!!! What an amazing set! That is a must buy for me, especially at only $150 Australian. Love the new figures (especially the female with the ponytail hair) and the tavern looks great, and will fit in great with both pirates and castle...my two favourite themes

I agree, the price is absolutely brilliant for Australians, let us hope it stays that way! Sorry to say, but screw Pirates and power Miners, I am SO getting this and every other Castle set!

Also I love the addition of nice minifig pieces. The new flames, fish, vegetable and updated brown accessories stand out. Seriously, this is my favourite set ever.

Batbrick! :devil:

Thank you very much for all that pics and all the information, Hinckley! :sweet:

That's an absolutely amazing set! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Big compliment to TLG - you've done an excellent job with this set!

This is the set a lot of us - me of course included - have been waiting for years!

So many details, such nice interior, so much nice accessory, two cows, a big tree, a horse, two knights, a blacksmith, a stable boy, an old man, a little boy and two women! :oh: :oh: :oh:

The only things which I miss a bit are a saddle for the horse, a shovel and a brush for the stable and - like regrettably inexistent in the new (City) Farm sets next year, too - a hayfork. :cry_sad:

I must have this set! And I'll surely buy it. :wink:

By the way: Does someone know the price in Euros for Europe?

This year the price for the amazing 10184 Town Plan was 150 €/$. Consequently the price for this brilliant set should be 100 € like the 150 $ (US), too, shouldn't it? But I highly doubt that TLG will sell it for 100 Euros. When you compare Town Plan to this set you would come to following result: 10188:10193=2000pieces:1600pieces=150€/USD:120€/USD. And since oil prices rise very much I could well imagine that it goes up to 150 Euros. Plus it's three months until this awesome set will be released - so TLG can well change the price (since it'S not yet on their website to buy). But no question - I would of course like it the most for only 100 Euros since this would be the perfect price performance ratio!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

By the way: Does someone know the price in Euros for Europe?

This year the price for the amazing 10184 Town Plan was 150 €/$. Consequently the price for this brilliant set should be 100 € like the 150 $ (US), too, shouldn't it? But I highly doubt that TLG will sell it for 100 Euros. When you compare Town Plan to this set you would come to following result: 10188:10193=2000pieces:1600pieces=150€/USD:120€/USD. And since oil prices rise very much I could well imagine that it goes up to 150 Euros. Plus it's three months until this awesome set will be released - so TLG can well change the price (since it'S not yet on their website to buy). But no question - I would of course like it the most for only 100 Euros since this would be the perfect price performance ratio!

Once again, the importance of reading the topic before posting is revealed. The first post tells the prices, even though the €-sign is somehow messed up: it'll be 99€ for Europe, believe it or not. :wink:

Once again, the importance of reading the topic before posting is revealed. The first post tells the prices, even though the
Edited by Klaus-Dieter

After all these years. This is a dream come true. I hereby start collecting Castle once again. Wow. Simply stunning.

This set is quite the magical box of bricks!

a few things ive noticed, WOW has LEGO taken note of AFOL techniques. they are all over the place. from the brick built animals which are awesome to the windows and tree. its just all around amazing. the influences are splendid. the price is great too!! great set at a great price. LEGO is definitely on top of things with castle, im sure this is a theme that has a long road ahead!

about the "plume" on the rooster. its not a plume, its the same piece as the new flame in this set and pirate sets. im sure its the default minifig accessory thickness. dont know its measurement. but its definitely not a plume. but still this set has no flaws! im loving it!

Once again, the importance of reading the topic before posting is revealed. The first post tells the prices, even though the €-sign is somehow messed up: it'll be 99€ for Europe, believe it or not. :wink:

Since wich day looks the euro symbol like a ¤?

Anyway. WOOHOO!!! Best set in the world is cheap, too!!! I am so happy. :cry_happy:

about the "plume" on the rooster. its not a plume, its the same piece as the new flame in this set and pirate sets. im sure its the default minifig accessory thickness. dont know its measurement. but its definitely not a plume. but still this set has no flaws! im loving it!

I'm happy to tell you that you are mistaken :) One can see this used as a plume in the pirate prelim pics. Also, in one of the photos of this set (might be one of the personal photography rather than the official pics), you can see the extra "pin" sticking out below where the clip on the brick-built rooster attaches.

The double usage of the new mold does allow for bizarre transparent flame plumes of course :)

I don't like the brickbuilt birds, so I'm looking forward to an instant new plume for existing castle/pirate minifigs of mine when I get this set. Maybe there'll be a spare one included!!!

EDIT: You can see the extra "pin" on the rooster tail feathers in this pic (hope the reposting below is OK):

xyh10a.jpg

Edited by brickzone

I must have this set! And I'll surely buy it. :wink:

I wonder how you will integrate the Vestas set into this one. :wink::tongue:

This set is sooo tempting. I didn´t want to start a new line, but maybe I can integrate it into my small city.

I hereby doubt it will be sold for just 99€. Please let me know I´m wrong. :devil:

Anything else was already mentioned.

Wohoooo! :cry_happy:

So are the new flame/plume pieces like the Dragon Masters plumes? As in, they feature both a "minifig grip" pin and a plume pin?

And the Medieval Market is 100 Euro in Europe right? Good!

Shakar

It seems, gentlemen, that this piece is both a plume and fire. ) I recall seeing a picture where it's obvious....

I'll try to find it. )

Here:

10193_001.jpg

Look at the fire on the wall of the smith. ) On the "sextant thing". The sextant has an exact plume hole for it. And if you look on the rooster, you can see that it could be held in a "normal" way. ) So, it's both a oluma and a fire piece. )

Way to go, TLC! :thumbup:

Edited by The Penguin

Well I notice that the new flame/plume connects into the sextant on the blacksmith's shop - anyone who owns that part could just tell us whether there's a rod hole or plume hole at the end of it.

:cry_happy:

well, this is just a dream become true. After looooog years we finally have a little medieval city. Yes, only exclusive, but hey! this little city is gorgeus.

Too bad that we cannot have this for christmas!!! :cry_sad:

I cannot believe: only 99 euro for europe. It's a bargain.

eehehehehehe, i'll mock up one or two guard tower, a little church, a fountain, some other 2 or 3 stands and the we have a marvellous village!!!!

Another possibility... i can mock up the village and :knight: all around TONS of trolls with catapults.

:thumbup:

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

thank you for share this

nausicaakro

Brilliant, and an added bonus that the new piece features plume connectivity! So unexpectedly great I won't comment on the bley... an honest mistake...

God Bless,

Nathan

You can also see in the set that the flame is connected to the small plume-sized hole on the sextant to make a sconce. Oops, beaten to it. :wink:

Hopefully we'll be getting dark blue/gold plumes for the Crown Knights in future sets.

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Ah - I hadn't noticed that the flames connected to the pin-hole on the sextant rather than the larger peg-hole. (or should I reverse those terms?) I am looking at one of my sextants now - I hadn't noticed that they had pin holes at all (they in fact have two - one on the side also).

Yes, it's all quite exciting. Gold and dark blues plumes for the crown guys would be amazing - I think I would pay the premium of getting extras from bricklink if sets came out with them (obviously I wouldn't have extras from such sets, as they would include someone who uses them).

Well, the new flame parts won't be able to be connected in every way - having the pin on the bottom will prevent them connecting onto e.g. a hollow stud (peg-hole) but I wouldn't be concerned about that.

To be honest, I think I prefer the waviness of this new plume compared to the style of the largest old plume.

Guys, great observation on the new "fire plume". It's a great new part. It's nice to see how TLG is taking us fans' comments and views seriously, and deliver us an instant hit that simply wow us all! :wub:

This set shall not escape my wraith! :devil:

Oh my! It's beautiful and I want to have it! $100 is very cheap for such a set!

The only thing I don't like is:

It's released in 2009!!! It takes so long to wait for it :cry_happy:

This will complete my MOC!

Just imagine it would be still september, then it would be already released this year. That's how i do it :tongue:

D'oh! >_<

I was kinda hoping that next year's Castle sets would be rubbish, so I'd have more money to spend on Pirates.

Guess I was wrong :hmpf_bad: ..... :grin: ...

Possibly the greatest Castle set to date!

I know what I'm going to be spending my Christmas money on :classic: !

It'd be a great Chistmas gift if it didn't come on January 2009. Still, as we know, Lego's history is about sets coming earlier than their supposed release date...so I'm hoping it comes out halfway through December. Then I could order it from S@H, and it would still arrive before the 25th anyway.

100 Euro for 1601 pieces, including rare and completely new (COWS!) pieces, 8 awesome minifigs (5 of them featuring completely new torsos!). It really it is a bargain!

Shakar