Dreamweb

When is the Pirate theme coming back?

Your prognoses...  

89 members have voted

1. 1. When do you think the new Pirate theme will appear?

• Later this year (2008)
    • In 2009
    • In 2010
    • After 2010, but some time during the next five years
    • Later than the next five years

Based on all the speculation that has been taking place recently, and all this new "evidence" (if that's what it is) still popping up here and there, tell us when do you think the new Pirates will hit the shelves?

For now all answers are equally good, and please remember - I'm not asking you if and when do you want them back, just when do you think it will happen, based on all that's been going on recently.

Let the voting begin - and only time will tell who was right!

I think it will come out in 2010. It is too soon to have it in 2009. I think we would've already seen something by now if it was appearing in 2009.

I think it will come out in 2010. It is too soon to have it in 2009. I think we would've already seen something by now if it was appearing in 2009.

Actually no we would'nt have. Look at Star Wars. That's a big theme and we don't know anything about it for next year. As for me. I voted 2009. :jollyroger:

Actually no we would'nt have. Look at Star Wars. That's a big theme and we don't know anything about it for next year. As for me. I voted 2009. :jollyroger:

We've got guesses but I guess you're right, nothings really confirmed for Star Wars so my reasonings a little off there :pir-sceptic: . I blame you (points at a random monkey) :pir-tongue: .

In light of the recent merchandise thread and so on.

I think TLG will be releasing Pirates in 2009.

Any other opinion is wrong! :pir-tongue:

Great idea for a poll Dreamweb! :thumbup:

Who says it wont be out at the end of the year? I personally think it must be coming fairly soon if it is coming, due to the accessories being released. I also remember reading that theme development now only takes around a year, so it would make sense to be 2009.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned that, but 2009 is the 20th anniversary of the original Pirates' premiere. Now, it might be a perfect date to bring them back, on the other hand though they might just honour the anniversary by releasing some more accessories like the ice cube tray we've just seen, not the actual theme. And of course they might do nothing at all... :pir-classic:

Whenever TLC decides to re-release the pirate theme, I hope they follow the castle and Star Wars themes and release one figure packs for the soldier and one for the pirates. Or whomever the protagonist and antagonist are.

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a continuation of the Imperial Guards and Soldiers.

Tony

I think it will come back at the end of 2009 (or early 2010). There are just so many signs of its return allready, so it probably is in relatively advanced stages of development.

I am very sure that Pirates will be one of the new themes in 2009 :thumbup:

Looking at the pirates merchadise appearing such as the Ice Cube tray. The recent craze of possible pirate minifigs. All of these are signs.. A sign to tell us that Pirates will be hitting the shores next year or mid next year. It is possible. :pir-grin:

I see that optimists are a majority here. :wink: Insteresting to note that no one voted "Never" as of yet. :pir-classic:

Next year; how else can you explain all of those parts that have been brought back into service for just one or two sets? :pir-wink:

Next year; how else can you explain all of those parts that have been brought back into service for just one or two sets? :pir-wink:

That's just what I think, along with the pictures of new Pirate torsos. :pir-wink:

:skull:

Next year. Full Stop, end of story. I am looking forward, but when I told my dad about them he says that he bets I won't like Lego next year.... :pir-look:

I would say around May 2009. That's usually when new themes get released around here(In Belgium that is anyway), if my memory serves me correctly.

But of course I'm hoping for January 2009.

I want those parts and I don't feel like waiting too long for them :pir-grin: .

So my vote seems pretty clear :pir-laugh:

2009 on!!!

Greetings,

Errorist

On top of the brickshelf page where these were found, it says, "January to May 09". So that seems quite obvious, doesn't it :pir-wink:?

I thought it would be interesting to bump this thread to see what the response is after recent events.

I've also added an additional poll option...

I picked the new choice, late 2008. Although advertised for 2009, these always pop up in TRU earlier, around mid December for some last minute holiday shopping. It's almost 2009, but not quite.

2009 probably. But hasn't anyone seen all the pics of the new pirate sets of course it's coming back. Which means TLC didn't go to all the trouble to bring back those parts.