crossroads

After lurking on Eurobricks for over a decade…

…I finally found the courage for my first post.

Recently discovered the beauty of scale modelling in Lego, and with the announcement of the Titanic Set started designing some warships in 1/200th scale.

This is my first one, japanese heavy cruiser Takao!

iZ6MJw3.jpg9HbsXUr.jpgiFhN2bf.jpg4BG375f.jpgHMYCcxH.jpglBjYrNx.jpgT6m8LMT.jpg

more are on the way, but these MOCs are pretty time consuming haha

let me hear your thoughts and leg godt :)

thank you!

the planes took the longest alongside the turrets, I made sure to get the scaling as accurate as possible

no! it’s 2x the 1.5m dbg string, if you look real close you can see them going back and forth on the masts :)

Great job! I really like the detailed rigging and the small details. Also the stand looks really good.

Keep up the good work!

A very nice model of a ship that met a tragic end in 1948 in a Godzilla attack.

12 hours ago, crossroads said:

This is my first one, japanese heavy cruiser Takao!

Nice to see you posted this model.
A great example of a scale model.
Hopefully more will come.
On a side note, make sure to follow the rules about size of the images. Max allowed size is 1024.
Have fun!

So - warships are not my thing. BUT:

You did not have the courage??? Building like a >super< expert ... and then no courage - this is not how it should be!

With regard to the rigging: At that scale, the ropes appear to be a little "thick". Could black sewing thread be an alternative? I am not saying - none at all (!) - that this would look any "better" - as I am not in any position to judge here. The "curved" pieces are antennas, right? If so, they would stand out a bit more.

A very warm welcome to Eurobricks!!! And congratulations: Your MOC is very impressive. And so deserves to be frontpaged - and thus: Congratulations again :pir-huzzah2:

Best wishes,
Thorsten   

9 hours ago, Milan said:

make sure to follow the rules about size of the images. Max allowed size is 1024.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out I seem to have missed that. Will reupload the pictures as soon as I get the chance, my apologies.

at all the other nice comments, thank you so much!

8 hours ago, Toastie said:

Building like a >super< expert ... and then no courage

first, thank you, my level of self-criticism is pretty high 😅

to be perfectly honest I used the thick string because I wanted to use original Lego string  and the thinner black style was impossible to find at reasonable prices… and technically speaking all the cables are antennas, the curved ones behind the main superstructure are for flying signals. Maybe I will change it in the future

thank you so much for featuring my post, I feel honored!

9 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It is so well done that I first saw I thought it was Tente but good Tente :thumbup: .

By Tente I believe you mean the manufacturer? If so I‘ll take that as a great compliment, thanks :)

hexagon in cruiser bridge tower was impressive.

I prefer small reduced work more than a big one without space plan. good work.

do you have any idea of making instruction for it?

Firstly, welcome to Eurobricks. It’s good to have you with us.

WOW! This is really something special. The level of detail is very impressive helped by your clever use of parts. I especially like the use of the Robot Arms for the Davits and 1x4 Gear Rack for the Gangways.

As for you’re not posting for all this time because you lacked courage. The very fact you took on this project in the first place shows courage. It’s clear you’re a very talented builder, you just need to believe that others will see that. The comments on this page prove that.

Keep up the great work.

16 hours ago, Toastie said:

…deserves to be frontpaged…

Glad to see you there. It’s an honour to be so and very well deserved.

Edited by grum64

Welcome to Eurobricks, and what a great first entry. Thanks for sharing this wonderful ship!

Welcome to Eurobricks, You've done a really great job, All the little details are amazing. :classic:

After reading through this incredible thread, I couldn't resist jumping in. First off, @crossroads :pir-classic:, your leap from a decade of lurking to showcasing such a masterpiece is nothing short of inspiring. The Japanese heavy cruiser Takao in 1/200th scale is a testament to your dedication and skill in LEGO scale modeling. The attention to detail, from the rigging to the turrets, is truly remarkable.
I've been fiddling with LEGO bricks for as long as I can remember, and it's builds like these that remind me why this hobby is so captivating. The creativity, the challenge, and the community—it's all here.

34 minutes ago, wizardbizzom said:

The creativity, the challenge, and the community—it's all here.

It really is.

Welcome to Eurobricks! Good to know that you will be around. Here is to simply feeling good :pir-huzzah2:

All the best,
Thorsten