Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Also for UK collectors, Game has a 20% discount on lots of new sets including the first wave (Forest, Hagrid’s hut, boat house etc)

Posted (edited)

Dang, I rescind everything I said about the Great Hall prior, this is such a beaut from the outside! I’ll still probably wait to see the final layout with future additions before picking it up, but this looks wonderful. I imagine the eventual main tower they make to with this is going to be magnificent.

Edited by RODDY

Aragog looks great. :wub:  Well, and terrifying, but mostly great. Nice job there. IIRC, there was a price adjustment for Aragog to an estimated $15. Does anyone recall if that's correct? 

Thanks for the GH dimensions, @MaxHeadroom. That helps.

Nice spot on the book, @BacktoBricks. It looks like it's going to be a different version of Hagrid's hut Harry, just with a happier face. As it isn't a particularly original minifig, I'll assume it's from Ameet and not DK. Does anyone recall if we've seen this year's DK PR? Which minifig we're getting? 

And a last thanks @mark1991t for providing the account names. That made them findable. (And if you're still looking for the box pix, cmf6169_leaks had posted them as well. :classic:)

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the Great Hall is in fact different from the one shown on the "most detailed Hogwarts Castle" poster.

Either way, I hope it does well enough so we can get a matching tower, which is probably the one set we need most in this style.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

(And if you're still looking for the box pix, cmf6169_leaks had posted them as well. :classic:)

Thanks, I did find them a minute ago :)

11 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Does anyone recall if we've seen this year's DK PR? Which minifig we're getting? 

Cedric Diggory, second task.

Edited by mark1991t
link to book

Wow that aragog is amazing! First time I think they’ve made a version of him that actually looks like the one in the movie

24 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Either way, I hope it does well enough so we can get a matching tower, which is probably the one set we need most in this style.

Having the staircase tower as its own set is gonna be so cool! Has to be next year's flagship set :excited: Maybe along with another portion of the castle, as just one tower might be an odd set to buy if you don't own any other Hogwarts sets. I hope this means they'll continue the collectable portraits since that set's gonna need A LOT of them :laugh:

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Good grief, time dilation! I could have sworn that was 2023. Well I suppose it's time to start jonsing for the 2025 leaks then. This will end well.😆

Edited by krimimimi

That exterior does look beautiful. I think if you combined the shell of this Great Hall with the interior of the 2018 version you’d probably have the best GH yet. 

I must admit, the Boat House and the Owlery didn’t really do anything for me that but the Hall has really filled me with confidence for this new Hogwarts system. Makes me excited to see what they’ll do with the Astronomy and the Clock Towers. 

That Aragog is amazing, it’s hard to believe it’s got the same price point as the last one. 

The Great Hall definitely looks good from the outside too, and it’s nice that we have confirmation on the new character names and the 5 collectible portraits. 

Not seeing the Buckbeak and Mandrake box art that someone mentioned before - hopefully that turns up soon, and more importantly pics of the actual Potions Class (not to mention the Triwizard Arrival set). 

2 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the Great Hall is in fact different from the one shown on the "most detailed Hogwarts Castle" poster.

Can you point some spots, which prove your statement, please? I am trying to spot any differences, have you found any?

I look at these sets and feel... absolutely nothing.

Buckbeak looks okay, couldn't care less. Same goes for Mandrake, although I like the build a bit more here.

Diagon Alley shops look incredibly plain and unexciting. The facade of Ollivanders is nice, but that's about it.

Aragog looks fantastic, but it's just a 1:1 remake (in terms of contents) of a set we got, which again, isn't exciting. I think it's the best set of the wave, but even this one doesn't make me feel a single thing.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Great Hall looks incredibly boring and plain? It's twice as big as the previous two ones, but feels half as packed. The troll is nice, but the set is such a disappointment imo.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the Great Hall looks incredibly boring and plain? It's twice as big as the previous two ones, but feels half as packed. The troll is nice, but the set is such a disappointment imo.

I think it is this kind of "go hard or go home" sets... It is a good basis for a Moc that will be ridiculously expensive to do... but also rock. I would not buy it to put it on my shelf like this.

Oh, boy... Aragog is scary. I prefer the last version, which had still a certain cuteness xD But he is well done for sure.

Edited by Gorilla94

One more thought, with the Troll included some of us speculated that the great hall might be decorated for Halloween, sadly this is not the case. But could Halloween pumpkins for example be included in the advent calendar? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I look at these sets and feel... absolutely nothing.

Am I the only one who thinks that the Great Hall looks incredibly boring and plain?

No your not. I feel the same. Even the art looks plain from what I can see; a dusty green landscape and murky sky facade. 

Edited by BacktoBricks

Posted (edited)

The Great Hall looks nice but personally all I want is that new troll, it looks so good! I have a lot of nostalgia for the original troll set so I might have to get him from bricklink later on. 

Is it just me or is the new Aragog too good? Creepy...

The mandrake and Buckbeak are fine for what they are but don't really interest me.

The diagon alley sets look fine as well... wait, am I seeing a ton of new wand molds? They must come on a new sprew but then why aren't they being used by any of the figures? Curious...

Edited by ToaDraco

Great Hall looks fine, but in my opinion, the 2018 version is superior. Molded Troll looks incredible. I still haven't decided if I am going for the Hogwarts build or not, so I will wait for some reviews.

Aragog looks amazing; it's a must-buy set.

Mandrake and Buckbeak pass, as I hate sets of that type with a passion.

The more I look at the Great Hall the more I am convincing myself of getting all of the sets that are related to Hogwarts Castle and its surroundings. I think in the year were generation of modular Hogwarts Castle has been released, I have said that I wished they would do the proper Hogwarts in few segment in minifigure scale, even as UCS, that would be released segment by segment over few years and connect to create whole castle. And finally we get something that is close to my wish, still quite distant from perfection, but it is much more than substitute. Anyway, I can see huge evolution over the last 6 years of Harry Potter sets, and it makes me rad. I have collected most of the first generation sets (from big ones I only miss Astronomy Tower) and those were looking beautiful from the outside, and were well equipped and detailed on the inside, however they were lacking for me possibility to connect together in good looking manner. Second generation was way worse than the previous one, boring looking exterior, average interior, but decent minifigure selection and possibility of stacking up Hogwarts in the way you like. Due to that I have bought only small and cheap sets to get minifigures, others I have ordered from Bricklink. Finally now, we are receiving something that looks very good on the outside (I would say better than sets from 2018), got decent interior, and probably amazing modularity, what gives me hope for an amazing final product.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

One more thought, with the Troll included some of us speculated that the great hall might be decorated for Halloween, sadly this is not the case. But could Halloween pumpkins for example be included in the advent calendar? 

The X-mas decorations we can see in the pic we have are 5 pieces of holly and four Christmas puds, for a total of 10 very Christmassy decorations with a potential additional 8 if the cupcakes are deemed too x-massy. (And possibly the turkey leg if that's included.) At that count, it shouldn't be much of a problem to remove them and replace it with something else, they could include several pumpkins, maybe some Halloween coloured cupcakes or a cake, chocolate with orange icing, and perhaps a few bats or something. That would get you an equivalent result.  

According to the information we had from the Polish website from mid-March, the Advent Calendar is supposed to complement the GH set. We know it will have a tree and some gifts, I could see that being additional trimmings so Flitwick (also included) can go all out decorating the Hall for the hols. I can't picture it being Halloween decorations, though. 

Edited by krimimimi

45 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

No your not. I feel the same. Even the art looks plain from what I can see; a dusty green landscape and murky sky facade. 

Didn't even notice that, looks ridiculous now that I look at it.

The original set had a rocky landscape with a forest and water in front of the Great Hall, with more Hogwarts and the Moon in the background.

The new one is literally situated on grass, and that's about it.

18 minutes ago, LemonFlavouredBleach said:

Are we are getting a new burrow this year? Heard theres a harry potter d2c this year 

Not really confirmed yet but since all of the other sets from the survey have been confirmed will be releasing or have already been released, chances for The Burrow D2C are really high, like 90%. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Didn't even notice that, looks ridiculous now that I look at it.

The original set had a rocky landscape with a forest and water in front of the Great Hall, with more Hogwarts and the Moon in the background.

The new one is literally situated on grass, and that's about it.

Tbf, this appears to be coming from a catalog rather than the box, so it might look better on the actual set.

3 hours ago, Jaromir said:

Can you point some spots, which prove your statement, please? I am trying to spot any differences, have you found any?

There are all kind of small differences, but I think the most notable and easy to describe is the missing window on the side of the center tower. In the actual set there are multiple Windows, while on that promo image there's only the front one.