Clone OPatra

Wizarding World 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

44 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As for the minifig line-ups, I expect the following:

• Great Hall: Golden trio, Dumbledore, McGonagall, two random students, Hagrid, one or two other professors (hopefully Vector)
  • Durmstrang ship & Beauxbatons carriage: Karkaroff, Krum, Madame Maxime, Fleur, Harry, maybe Crouch Sr.?
  • Aragog: Harry & Ron
  • Potions Class: Harry, Hermione, Draco, Snape
  • Ollivander & Madame Malkin: Golden trio, Draco, Narcissa, Ollivander

If the new Great Hall comes with the same number of minifigs as the 2018 version despite being twice the price I imagine many of us will be rather cross.

My own theories on the line ups:

Hogwarts: Great Hall – I’m going all in on my first year Halloween + stone challenges theory and guessing Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, McGonagall, Quirrel, Snape, 4 minor characters (combination of teachers, students, and possibly a ghost), The Troll, and Fluffy

Drumstrang Ship and Beauxbatons Carriage – Karkaroff, Krum, 2 uniformed Drumstrang students, Maxime, Fluer, Beauxbatons student, Hagrid

Ollivander’s & Madam Malkin’s – Ollivander, Madam Malkin, Harry, Hagrid, Draco, Narcissa, 2 manakins 

Hogwarts: Potions Class – Snape, Harry, Hermione, Draco, Slytherin student (possibly Millicent Bulstrode?)

Aragog Forbidden Forest – Harry, Ron, and Fang 

Also, just as aside, I love that this year’s $15 sets can essentially fight each other. It’s basically the closest the Harry Potter theme will ever get to those cheap mechs from the Star Wars and Superhero lines, and I think it’s hilarious. 

EDIT: the list for the Diagon Alley shops dropped while I was writing this of course. Bummer we aren’t getting Narcissa, but nice to have Madam Malkin confirmed, and having a flower vendor witch alongside her basically tells us which extra from the first movie they’ll be using for her appearance. Padma Patil is an interesting choice - makes me wonder if we’ll see her twin in the Great Hall (Neville does mention Parvati by name in that Halloween feast scene incidentally)

Edited by Accio Lego

Wow the Great Hall being double the piece count of 2018 one is very tempting ngl, I’m really curious to see how they do this one since the last one was pretty near perfect in my mind. Stoked Durmstrang Ship is finally getting remade, but I didn’t really need the Beauxbaton’s Carriage with it since I have the last one. Feel a bit chaffed about this ngl, dropping $140 on a set that I won’t use half of isn’t ideal at all. But I do want to complete my second task scene, so I will do what I must. Hopeful to get Karkaroff, Crouch, and a new Krum Variant with this. Cool to see Madam Malkins get the Lego treatment but I wish it was for the D2C Diagon Alley scale. The rest are meh for me. I do wish The Ford Angelia came with younger versions of twins since we are getting another Aragog’s lair with repeat minifigs. 

Edited by RODDY

I see all those set names and... I feel nothing.

I think I completely lost interest in this theme. Most of the sets look great, and the design team does a really good job, but there's only so much you can do with a theme based on eight movies that came out years ago.

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

As for the minifig line-ups, I expect the following:

• Great Hall: Golden trio, Dumbledore, McGonagall, two random students, Hagrid, one or two other professors (hopefully Vector)

I guess this is the set where they could add like every figure they could, so hard to guess what they will actually include - and might aswell depend on what other sets they are going to do. However I would guess for Harry, Ron, Hermione, Lockhart, Quirell, Dumbledore, McGonagall (While in the Boatshouse she could aswell be included here, since she is the one putting the Sorting Hat on the Students) Ginny. 

• Durmstrang ship & Beauxbatons carriage: Karkaroff, Krum, Madame Maxime, Fleur, Harry, maybe Crouch Sr.?

I would guess for both Fleur and her Sister aswell as Madame Maxime, Karkaroff. Krum and likely Karkaroffs Assistent? Maybe even some unnamed Students to fill the ship, however Crouch seems unlikely to me for this set.

• Aragog: Harry & Ron

It would surprise me if it would be any different.

• Potions Class: Harry, Hermione, Draco, Snape

Harry, Draco and Snape seem very likely to me. But I would guess it will bei either both Ron and Hermione or more likely Ron since, he´d rather blow things up than her so you can give him a matching second face. Could also be that one of the other students is included, that also liked to blow stuff up but I don´t remember the name. I would guess that they include the Halfblood-Prince book in that set, everything else seems like a wasted opportunity to me.

• Ollivander & Madame Malkin: Golden trio, Draco, Narcissa, Ollivander

It seems unlikely we will get a Madame Malking, without Madame Malkin to me ;).

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I see all those set names and... I feel nothing.

I think I completely lost interest in this theme. Most of the sets look great, and the design team does a really good job, but there's only so much you can do with a theme based on eight movies that came out years ago.

This what happens when you have 3 different castle systems in 6 years

10 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Ollivander’s & Madam Malkin’s – Ollivander, Madam Malkin, Harry, Hagrid, Draco, Narcissa, 2 manakins 

5 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

It seems unlikely we will get a Madame Malking, without Madame Malkin to me ;).

We already have the minifig list for that one: Harry, Ollivander, Padma, a student in a wheelchair, Malkin, and the Flower Witch.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

18 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Found it:

flowerwitch.png

Right next to Madam Malkins

Great work!  Very excited for Madam Malkin and the Flower vendor.

It's already clear that LEGO are targeting diversity/inclusion with HP minifigs and this continues the trend with another unnamed character which "ticks a box".  I don't have any issue with it but hope that it's in-keeping with the aesthetic of the films like McGonagall's wooden wheelchair from a deleted scene reading the daily prophet.

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We already have the minifig list for that one: Harry, Ollivander, Padma, a student in a wheelchair, Malkin, and the Flower Witch.

Yeah I saw that. you can barely write something here without ten new replies showing up in the meantime lol.The Flower Witch certainly is a surprise, but a good one. About the student in the Wheelchair. Was there ever one in the movies somewhere?

Really interested in what LEGO has done with the Great Hall. Being a long time collector I will not buy anything less than amazing.

In the end, Durmstrang ship... I have waited it since, well, ever, considering I haven't the 2005 ship. Of course, LEGO feel the intimate and generous need of squeezing old collector so they pair the ship with the Beauxbatons carriage.

Ollivanders is not so appealing, but is it what is it.

Buckbeak, Mandrake and Aragog are easy pass.

It will be interesting to see how the potion classroom will be in the castle scheme.

8 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

About the student in the Wheelchair. Was there ever one in the movies somewhere?

The only person I remember is McGonagall from a OotP deleted scene.

35 minutes ago, Black Falcon said:

About the student in the Wheelchair. Was there ever one in the movies somewhere?

In the movies? Not that I can ever recall. 

In extended media? Actually yes. My first thought when reading that was “Murphy McNully?!?” He’s a Hogwarts Mystery character who uses a wheelchair and is supposed to be Lee Jordan’s predecessor as Quidditch announcer. Admittedly, Murphy is supposed to have graduated by the time the main story takes place, so this lego student probably isn’t him, but it does mean that lego has a pre-approved reference for what a ‘wizardy’ wheelchair should look like in universe. 

Well either way, I´d rather have characters that actually show up in the film/books than random inclusions - especially when more people would like to see Narcissa for sure.

As someone who bought a chunk of sets from the 2018 and 2021 reboot Hogwarts systems but sold them without opening due to lack of space at the time, I’m really excited to see the Great Hall and Potions Classroom. If this new system really gives us the definitive system-scaled Hogwarts, I’m going to go all in this time. 

Edited by Kaijumeister

76435 Hogwarts Great Hall, 1732 pieces, $219.99 

This is the fourth version of the Great Hall and from the teaser in the booklet this is promising to be the best version yet. I know many love the 2018 one but it always looked a bit too squat. This one seems like it will have better portions and a courtyard. Will the Grand Tower be included too? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

76440 Durmstrang Ship & Beauxbatons Carriage 1229 pieces, $139.99 

People have been clamoring for a Durmstrang remake for ages. Will be interesting to see how the Beauxbatons carriage compares to the last one, considering it hasn't been too long.

76439 Ollivanders & Madam Malkins, 744 pieces, $99.99 

I assume these will be to the scale of last year's Weasley Wizards Wheezes shop. Does this mean Gringott's is the last shop we'll see at the bigger scale with cobblestone baseplates? Regardless, it will nice to finally have a shop from the other side of the alley. Hopefully we'll see Potages, Eeylops and Wiseacre's in the future.

76427 Buckbeak, 723 pieces, $59.99

Will this be like the Hortail, Owl and Phoenix sets, with flappable wings? 

76433 Buildable Mandrake, 579 pieces, $59.99

Yay,  an ugly screaming plant baby doomed to be sliced up into medicine. Just what every person wants displayed in their home.

76431 Hogwarts Potions Class, 397 pieces, $37.99 

It's possible that this will be the rocky base to go under the Great Hall (like how it was way back in 2001). Not counting the collectable book, we haven't seen a playset of this classroom since 2018's Whomping Willow set. 

76434 Aragog Forbidden Forest, 195 pieces, $14.99 

This is the third iteration of this set and the fourth appearance of Aragog. It will likely be a lot like the 2018 version but with a tree matching the new Forbidden Forest creature set and snaps to connect the two. 

Edited by Ferder

I really like that they've included a wheelchair. Disabilities aren't really portrayed in this franchise often, so it's cool of Lego to add some visibility for wheelchair users (it seems like many kids were pleased to see a character with a limb difference in the Friends sets, so hopefully this will be similarly inspiring for children).

Really looking forward to the Great Hall. My issue with previous incarnations has always been the scale, so I'm pleased to see the increased size. I'm hoping they include the architects statue and the kitchens with a couple of house elves. House ghosts would be great too, particularly I'd like to see the bloody baron and the original gray lady. It would be nice to have various seasonal decorations included, it would be great to have the option to decorate it for Halloween or Christmas.

I hope they make the staircase tower a separate set entirely so that can get the proper scale and detail it deserves.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

Not a student, but Arthur appears in a chair for the Crimbo meal at 12 Grimmauld in OotP.

Malfoy Manor, Inferi Cave, Quidditch World Cup Stadium, Modular Dursleys house (with a balloon aunt Marge minifigure), etc ........... but nope: The Great Hall again 

Also, I think it's time they try some sets based on book-only content, like St Mungo Hospital

For $220, I'd expect to get a decent number of minifigures in the Great Hall (ideally some professors/students/ghosts we haven't gotten yet)

I'm hoping that any versions of Fleur and Gabrielle that are included with 76440 are the Black Lake variants instead of the same variations that we got in the last Beauxbatons Carriage.

I wonder if Fang will be included with the Aragog set, or if he'll be kept exclusive to Hagrid's Hut.

Since the first Great Hall in the reboot was based on Philosopher's Stone, and the second one was Chamber of Secrets, what if this one is for Prisoner of Azkaban? With Lupin, Michael Gambon Dumbledore, Bem as an extra student, Dawn French Fat Lady Portrait in the tower. I mean it's nothing too special, unless they throw in a couple of ghosts (which appears to be a theme for the Great Hall, as every version so far, save for 2011 (unless we're counting dementors) has had a ghost included.) But it sounds possible, especially considering which figures would go best with the interior for such a set.

1 hour ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Since the first Great Hall in the reboot was based on Philosopher's Stone, and the second one was Chamber of Secrets, what if this one is for Prisoner of Azkaban? With Lupin, Michael Gambon Dumbledore, Bem as an extra student, Dawn French Fat Lady Portrait in the tower. I mean it's nothing too special, unless they throw in a couple of ghosts (which appears to be a theme for the Great Hall, as every version so far, save for 2011 (unless we're counting dementors) has had a ghost included.) But it sounds possible, especially considering which figures would go best with the interior for such a set.

That could be compelling - and they could still technically do Halloween decorations and provide both normal and slashed versions of the Fat Lady. And I like the idea of getting Bem, he gets overlooked a lot as both a movie only character and a character who only appears to say a few ominous things in PoA and then is never heard from again, but it would be fun to see him lego form. 

The only issue I can see is that all indications suggest that this version of the Castle will be supported on a rocky outcrop with a subterranean layer under the main building. The Great Hall is set to be so large that there’s going to need to be a decent amount of material in the subterranean layer, and PoA simply doesn’t have much in the way of underground castle locations other than the start of the One-eyed Witch passage to Honeydukes. SS has the stone challenges, CoS has the Chamber and Slytherin common room, GoF features Snape’s office/stores and is the ideal time to include the Hufflepuff common room, OotP also features Snape’s office, and HBP has Slughorn’s potions class front and center, but PoA has very little to work with, which I can see the Lego designers making work for a smaller set but not something as huge as the Great Hall. 

For that prices I expect nothing less than printed house robes with printed medium legs for the other houses... in which house and grade is the student using a wheelchair? Could he have medium legs? It won't be short ones, which can't sit.

I doubt the potion class will be the rock base for the hall. It would be too small. But I am pretty sure it will be integrated as a part of it.

I don't get the Mandrake...

5 hours ago, Ferder said:

Yay,  an ugly screaming plant baby doomed to be sliced up into medicine. Just what every person wants displayed in their home.

This. 100% this... ^^'  If they did the flying key challange for example with a neat little mechanic moving a bunch of keys with transparent elements it would have been a better display piece and closing a gap of the castle.

It bugs me that there is only the potion class. They should do a last huge and at least somewhat complete modular system Castle... With only two sets i have no doubt it will remain severly unfinished again...

Edited by Gorilla94

76435 Hogwarts Great Hall

This looks good. I wonder if the set will contain the Great Hall and the rocks beneath, or the Great Hall and Grand Staircase Tower. Either way, this looks a great reboot for the castle. 

I'd echo calls for Fat Friar and Bloody Baron (both of which belong to underground common rooms...) as well as the missing teachers Vector and Grubbly-Plank, and new outfits for other teachers. Keep it based on any films pre-BoH I think. 

76440 Durmstrang Ship & Beauxbatons Carriage - I'm guessing the ship will be the dominant part of this set. For Beauxbatons I'd like to see Fleur and Gabrielle in their Lake Task outfits, failing that their other Beauxbatons uniforms not present in the last carriage set. For Mme Delacour, any of her outfits bar the two we already have. 

For the ship I think we need Krum, Karkaroff, Karkaroff's assistant and maybe a random student. Crouch would be okay here too. 

76439 Ollivanders & Madam Malkins, 744 pieces, $99.99 

This sounds great. I want to expand the contents of my Diagon Alley shops and the WWW set last year was good for this. Glad to see a Padma without bindi to go with Parvati from the Divination set. 

76427 Buckbeak, 723 pieces, $59.99

I reckon a waistcoat Hagrid and maybe a scruffy/torn clothes Malfoy here. 

76433 Buildable Mandrake, 579 pieces, $59.99

If there is a figure I'd expect Neville, but would love a Sprout in new outfit or another figure with earmuffs molded on. 

76431 Hogwarts Potions Class, 397 pieces, $37.99 

Heart says Slughorn era, head says Snape's. 

76434 Aragog Forbidden Forest, 195 pieces, $14.99 

I'll skip this unless Harry and Ron have torn/dirty clothes. 

I was actually hoping for a Hogsmeade expansion that would include Hog's Head.

Edited by Bricknificent

I feel like we're eventually bound to get another Hogsmeade set similar in structure and pricing to the 2021 set, but with the Hog's Head and Zonko's.  That'd be the best way to "soft reboot" Hogsmeade when the 2021 set retires without actually repeating anything from that set.

7 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

I wonder if Fang will be included with the Aragog set, or if he'll be kept exclusive to Hagrid's Hut.

I hope they include him. I wonder if Beauxbatons carriage will reuse the Marvel pegasus 🤔

Tok me 2 weeks to realise you had started up a 2024 thread 😅

9 hours ago, strangely said:

I really like that they've included a wheelchair. Disabilities aren't really portrayed in this franchise often, so it's cool of Lego to add some visibility for wheelchair users (it seems like many kids were pleased to see a character with a limb difference in the Friends sets, so hopefully this will be similarly inspiring for children).

Totally agree. I really doubt the wheelchair figure would be replacing Narcissa. Assuming the wheelchair figure reuses existing prints then I think it’s safe to assume it’s far cheaper for Lego to include this figure over Narcissa who would require at least a new hair print/dual mould and a new torso print. If we’re going to be getting a random extra just to populate the shop, it might as well be one which makes the figure lineup in this theme a bit more visually interesting than just the endless black torso/legs and light nougat headed figures standing around.