Yperio_Bricks

[POLL] Imperial Soldiers

Imperial soldiers  

39 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which general design of imperial soldiers do you prefer?

• 1989 Bluecoat / 1992 Redcoat
    • 2009 Redcoat / 2011 POTC Redcoat
    • 2015 Bluecoat
    • 2023 Bluecoat
  2. 2. Which color you would like to see used for the uniforms of imperial soldiers?

• White
    • Black
    • Light/ Dark Grey
    • Yellow
    • Green
    • Purple
    • Orange
    • Tan/Dark Tan
    • Brown
    • Other

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/19/23 at 02:00 PM

poll1hldl4.jpg

Do you like the addition of an aiguillette to the soldier's uniforms in the 2023 Eldorado Fortress set? We would like to ask you which general design of Imperial Soldiers you like the most. Is it the classic one from 1989 and the 90s or one of the newer iterations?

The second question was raised by @Mazin He asks which color you would like to see for Imperial Soldiers? Is it a Blackcoat, a Greencoat, or something else?

Take a look at these fine Imperial Soldiers and cast your votes:

1989                                                1992

McWG85E.jpg XMeu3lJ.jpg

2009                                                2011

gy8aUrn.jpg JDbTaC9.jpg

nrptfN3.jpg

srpPdh7.jpg

I voted for the 2023 bluecoat because of its detailed torso. Although i'd prefer the uniform without aiguilette and the minifig wearing a printed shako. Unprinted shakos are a massive downgrade imo.

Then i voted yellow because i love the yellow Spanish Dragoons. On an other day i might have voted for black with the Black Brunswickers in mind.

a1d5e365fce385bee14df239bb03ba0e.jpgsgt+inf.jpg

My vote went for 2023 torso. As for the colours, I voted for Green, but I my ideal colour would be Dark Green.

2015 bluecoats, and I voted other as a stand in for dark blue, like on that one Revolutionary Soldier CMF. (Dark green for Hessians would also be cool.)

I voted for 2023 because it's the most detailed and looks the most modern. For the uniform, I voted for other as I thought it'd be cool to see one in pink.

In my Eldorado Fortress, I use 2023 one as regular soldiers, and 2015 one as Musicians, although ideally I'd do the opposite, since aiguilettes fit musicians and NCOs more.

As of the vote, I voted for 2009 one, even though I don't have any of them, but I like them very much. And I'd like to see a geen uniform.

I voted for the newer redcoats because redcoats are my favorite however I just got one of the new bluecoat torsos and they look very nice and I'm hoping we see them in red soon. As for a new color, I would love to see white, they would make a nice French army.

3 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Just for fun, here's an Imperial Greencoat with dual molded legs and printed shako.

Dark green wasn't the first thing that came up to my mind, but this looks amazing!

12 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I voted for the original run, I LOVE those minifigs. They are special to me. I also voted for Green coats, Mister Phez needs some proper green coats. 

I also like the original version the most. I voted for white uniforms but green would also be cool because I like the Sharpe TV series very much.

23 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I voted for the 2023 bluecoat because of its detailed torso. Although i'd prefer the uniform without aiguilette and the minifig wearing a printed shako. Unprinted shakos are a massive downgrade imo.

Then i voted yellow because i love the yellow Spanish Dragoons. On an other day i might have voted for black with the Black Brunswickers in mind.

Commonwealth Soldiers

22 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

2015 bluecoats, and I voted other as a stand in for dark blue, like on that one Revolutionary Soldier CMF. (Dark green for Hessians would also be cool.)

IMG_1156.jpg?ex=657a05ce&is=656790ce&hm=

ae-green-legs.jpg?ex=657b6827&is=6568f32

IMG_1282.jpg?ex=657b6dc5&is=6568f8c5&hm=

34 minutes ago, SpacePolice89 said:

I also like the original version the most. I voted for white uniforms but green would also be cool because I like the Sharpe TV series very much.

Whitecoats!

12 hours ago, Captain Pirate Man said:

I voted for the original run, I LOVE those minifigs. They are special to me. I also voted for Green coats, Mister Phez needs some proper green coats. 

Supplies for Damaborg

"Altonian Grenadiers and Dragoon"

On 12/6/2023 at 1:58 PM, Captain Pirate Man said:

. I also voted for Green coats, Mister Phez needs some proper green coats. 

The Imperial Armada appeals to me because they have vastly different design to the Soldiers and Imperial Guards, and not just a palette swap.

So I would not add that torso to my Armada... Queens Ranger's however,  completely different story...

image.png

I voted for the 2009 design because, to me it has most uses for factions of different countries. For colour, I chose green, would be lovely to create some 18th century Russian Empire soldiers for historical scenes in Latvia and elsewhere. :pir-grin:

On 12/5/2023 at 5:05 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

a1d5e365fce385bee14df239bb03ba0e.jpgsgt+inf.jpg

I guess new colors would depend on what kind of factions Lego would be willing to create with them and what kind of stories to tell. I went with yellow as it's does look great and original on some old pictures, as You've shown, and it was also the third color of Soldiers from Crimson Pirate, which i believe had some serios impact on our beloved Pirate franchise.

With black it's always kinda associated with darker, schwarz-characters, bad guys or some brutal good guys, elite guard, mercenaries, etc, boys that do their job well, but don't nececarily care who's innocent and who's the enemy. So here i would mix those two ideas, to create a new soldier/pirate faction, like what if Empire would decide to recruit some former pirates into their own ranks, supply and get them into those black uniforms, so that they would get rid of all the sea dogs... only to discover that in reality they want to whipeout all the competition to rule the Carribean by themselves. 

With shakos... i guess unprinted could be simply used for privates and printes one for officers/sergeants/corporals... and that's because i like and own both versions, so i'd prefer to keep them in the universe ;) 

With types of print on uniforms, i voted for classic 80s/90s design, but honestly, even tho i'm very sentimental, 2009 is the one i would pick if i would be running Lego. Classic one seems little outdated when combined to all the changes that we've witnessed in the business and 2009 is a good mix of classic feeling and new printing possibilities. 2015 and 2023 try to be too many things in my oppinion.

Anyway, i'm glad that my proposition to do a poll with colors got picked and sparked such an interesing discussion :)