Ngoc Nguyen

42167 Mack LR Electric Garbage Truck

Not bad! Something about it looks a bit too "City" for me, but the grab-then-lift arm function should be cool, and having steering and a dumping "bed" as well at that size is pretty impressive! Also, it's got green!

This is a very good looking set. I think they missed an opportunity by not putting "batteries not required" on the box. 

47 minutes ago, Polarlicht said:

Looks like it's got "THE" grabbing function

Exactly my first thoughts! So cool they implemented it :-)

On the grabber, look at the grey knob gear and it's alignment with the 4x2 green lift arm. Is it me or have they released a knob gear with a + hole that's 45 degrees out of phase? That would be useful.

This is a cute little one, and nice functionality :)

10 minutes ago, allanp said:

On the grabber, look at the grey knob gear and it's alignment with the 4x2 green lift arm. Is it me or have they released a knob gear with a + hole that's 45 degrees out of phase? That would be useful.

That looks interesting indeed!

4 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Where's the "elektric" ?

It's written on the sides. It models an electric garbage truck. But the model itself is not electric. That's how marketing megablocks works.

4 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Looks like it's got "THE" grabbing function

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

Exactly my first thoughts! So cool they implemented it :-)

Another lego ideas submission not crediting original creator...

4 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Where's the "elektric" ?

Well, since in this part of year day is shorter on northern hemisphere you need electricit light to buil it...

5 hours ago, allanp said:

Huh, good eye! That's quite possible, and would be useful! It's also possible it's just sloppy box art, though. (Like the one SW battle pack people were complaining about, where the box art has rangefinders placed in the movie-accurate location rather than in the physically possible slot)

Just saw another picture where the two knob gears are different colours, one black, the other grey (finally some tasteful colour coding!). So yeah, I think it's a new 45 degree offset knob gear.

On 12/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Huh, good eye! That's quite possible, and would be useful! It's also possible it's just sloppy box art, though.

21 hours ago, allanp said:

Just saw another picture where the two knob gears are different colours, one black, the other grey (finally some tasteful colour coding!). So yeah, I think it's a new 45 degree offset knob gear.

I also tend to believe it really is a 45 degree offset variant, because if it was not, the grabber would be VERY asymmetric, that would not work.

3 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

I also tend to believe it really is a 45 degree offset variant, because if it was not, the grabber would be VERY asymmetric, that would not work.

It's obvious. Also 7L Flip-flop Beam is new in white.
42167-LEGO-Mack---LR-Electric-Muellwagen

9 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Definitely looks that way. Quite a surprise that they would produce a new mold for this, but it makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure the knob gear was originally designed for a different model and only used here because it's a cleaner solution. IMO the grapler would work with normal 16 gears too, though with a 11,25 degree offset.

That knob gear is going to be so useful, many times i have had to use three to get the right position now it can be done in two and no more two z16 gears which are off centre. so happy :pir-cry_happy: . I bet we will see this in the paddle shifter of the new super car or the gear box seems perfect for that.

Made some more progress on the Mack. It contains an unusually high amount of System pieces for such a small Technic set. And no wonder only a 1x1 round tiles are included as waste. The opening is fairly small.
42167_2.png

4 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Pretty sure the knob gear was originally designed for a different model and only used here because it's a cleaner solution. IMO the grapler would work with normal 16 gears too, though with a 11,25 degree offset.

I think the knob gear is also in the VTOL spacecraft set.

3 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Made some more progress on the Mack. It contains an unusually high amount of System pieces for such a small Technic set. And no wonder only a 1x1 round tiles are included as waste. The opening is fairly small.
42167_2.png

Is it done already? I'd love to have that file 

40 minutes ago, TechnicMOCer said:

Is it done already? I'd love to have that file 

See the link in my first post. And no, it's not done. Just the bits I could reverse engineer from the images.