The yamaha system's control ring has two neutrals between its two active positions. To apply that system to a 2-speeds-and-a-neutral setup you'd need two control rings or a second control ring design with different positions. Both seem unlikely.

3 hours ago, Jockos said:

If it does include the all the Yamaha's gearbox parts, what other novelty would be in the next bikes regardless of the look and size? Because as I see, we ticked every possible technical aspect.

Front and rear brakes, working clutch, more mechanically detailed engine with cam timing chain and double overhead cam shafts (the actual valves might be asking a bit much!), motorisation whilst mounted on a pedestal (so you can watch the gearbox spin the rear wheel faster and faster as you go up the gears), working rpm counters in a 2x2 round brick format, with one on the engine for a tachometer and one on the gearbox output for the Speedo (combined with the motorisation option that would look siiiiiick!). Oh yes, the 1:5 Technic bike in the year 2044 gonna be great! :laugh:

Oh wait, this is about the 2024 Kawasaki. Ahem. Yeah it looks good :classic:

Edited by allanp

5 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How about 4 speed gearbox in small motorbikes

yeah I was just thinking why they didn't use the new gearbox parts to at least have 3+N

Anyway, Ill try to MOD it when I get my hands on it 😊

Btw, are the front shocks a new recolor in LBG? I have only seen them in pearl gold as far as I can remember...

Edited by Rudivdk
Bricklinked it, seems they are indeed new in LBG.

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

Btw, are the front shocks a new recolor in LBG? I have only seen them in pearl gold as far as I can remember...

They have also been black in the Batcycle. The more colors, the better :wink:

57 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

They have also been black in the Batcycle. The more colors, the better :wink:

Ah yes, I have that set myself as well :facepalm:.

I'm glad TLG introduces these basic colors like grey and black (opposed to the red and yellow of the hard 6,5L shocks), makes it possible to integrate and blend them in almost any context:thumbup:

Even it is not possible on this set but I still want hard version of those shock. BMW and Ferrari's 9L shock is realistic but to much hard.

Edited by msk6003

6 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Even it is not possible on this set but I still want hard version of those shock. BMW and Ferrari's 9L shock is realistic but to much hard.

TBH, these shocks bend too much anyhow, even with the soft springs in them.

since they are easy to take apart you could, just replace the spring with an off the shelf hard small spring..

Edited by SNIPE

Seems that all the green parts we see on the images are actually Bright Green. Makes sense considering the Zetros also used Br. Green for liftarms and the Kawasaki Green is closer to this LEGO color shade. At least this is what the partial part list shows:
https://www.lego.com/de-de/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=42170&includeOutOfStock=true&perPage=200

Reduculous, no new gearbox parts. I now have 1 minus 1 reasons to buy this set. I don't even think its worth my time building it from parts I own (which I could do).

12 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Reduculous, no new gearbox parts. I now have 1 minus 1 reasons to buy this set. I don't even think its worth my time building it from parts I own (which I could do).

Follows in line with 42153, 42161, 42162 ...

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

@snipe. 

Sure you would. Just like me.

(Cant wait to get this set... Just to keep the series of bikes complete.:pir-huzzah1:.)

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

@snipe. 

Sure you would. Just like me.

(Cant wait to get this set... Just to keep the series of bikes complete.:pir-huzzah1:.)

I wanted to buy it because I thought it had more than 2 speeds and used the new gearbox parts, then i noticed today that it uses the older gearbox parts and only has 2 speeds.

So now, since I have a million projects on the go already, I doubt ill even MOD it and sure won't buy it, im not a motorbike aficionado anyhow.

Edited by SNIPE

Look what I just found. Sorry for the image flood but the this was the only way because the images cannot be saved and opened individually otherwise.
lego-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-motor-42170-techlego-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-motor-42170-tech
lego-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-motor-42170-techlego-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-motor-42170-tech
lego-kawasaki-ninja-h2r-motor-42170-tech
LEGO42170KawasakiNinjaH2Rmotor_2TTOYS_FeLEGO42170KawasakiNinjaH2Rmotor_2TTOYS_Li
LEGO42170KawasakiNinjaH2Rmotor_2TTOYS_LiLEGO42170KawasakiNinjaH2Rmotor_2TTOYS_Li

There are new mini fake engine crankshaft and piston parts.

No more jammed fake engines!

Easy modification to realistic crankshaft pairing!

Praise be...

Saw it too.  My goodness.  Great news.  I have been wanting new engine elements for a while.  All the sudden, I might be purchasing this set... or at least buying many of these new elements once they become available on B&P.... 

Wow, that is big news! I can't seem to find that, but that should make a big difference in future MOCs!

Thanks! That's very interesting, and is sure to be useful.

Too bad it's not a very realistic rendition of a real engine's mechanics, but I guess it would have been hard to do better at this scale, and it's no worse than previous solutions

FINALLY, after 34 years, we got some new parts especially for fake engines!

I wonder what sound the new cams and pistons will make, if any. It looks as if the pistons will rather not lose contact to the crankshaft, so at least there NO clicking sound will be produced.

Edited by Timewhatistime
Terminology

Wow, those should also be useful for making Stephenson valve gear for early steam locomotives.  Not exactly high force on the yellow pins pulling though, so maybe not for actual pneumatic engines.