Captain Braunsfeld

[MOC] Imperial Outpost Fortress

As shown last week on Brickmania Antwerp, here is the Imperial Outpost Fortress:

Imperial Outpost 03

Imperial Outpost 02

Of course, I had added some minifigs, etc.:

Imperial Outpost 01

... and I am playing with artificial backgrounds:

Imperial Outpost 10

(pictures are linked to my flickr account)

Wonderful tower! The white and yellow color combination never gets old and the yellow really pops! I like the lightsaber hilt railing at the top of the tower and the ornaments around the windows. And there's even an sneaky band of pirates :pir-triumph:

I only wish the bown docks and ground would be tiled.

23 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Wonderful tower! The white and yellow color combination never gets old and the yellow really pops! I like the lightsaber hilt railing at the top of the tower and the ornaments around the windows. And there's even an sneaky band of pirates :pir-triumph:

I only wish the bown docks and ground would be tiled.

Well. actually I must admit, that the tower is not my design. Similar pictures are floating around the internet.

And I have seen this specific version on a LEGO event in August - and I wanted to have that MOC, so I took pictures and then built it myself.

So, goal no. 1 was the recreation of an existing set (=achieved).

Now I can go and modify it. And your suggestion about tiling sounds absolutely right. :pir-grin:

36 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Well. actually I must admit, that the tower is not my design. Similar pictures are floating around the internet.

Yeah, i think it took some inspiration from SleeplessNight's version of Sabre Island, which is kind of the benchmark.

17 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, i think it took some inspiration from SleeplessNight's version of Sabre Island, which is kind of the benchmark.

This is the picture that I started from:

20230820_095848

There are slight differences ...  

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Looks good! :pir-thumb:

Does it come with interior, and is the back side open to allow easy access or you made the tower modular?

The answers: no, no, yes.  The tower consists of 3 parts, the base is made up of four parts.

3 hours ago, Rogue Redcoat said:

Wow, I love those windows, I can't wait for any updates/modifications :) 

Yepp, I also found the windows amazing!

17 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

There are slight differences ... 

Yes of course. But to me it looks like the person took some inspiration from SleeplessNight's Sabe Island. That's not a bad thing! Inspiring each other is a big and valuable part of the hobby imo. Like picking up a technique, maybe modify it and inspire other people until nobody knows who invented that one technique 15 years ago :pir_laugh2:

Nicely done, the white masonry bricks work well here. It could use a cannon or two though :pir-classic:.

Very beautiful diorama! :pir-triumph:I also really like the decorated window frames. The defensive wall with the battlements built on the rocks is interesting. The minifigures are also great. On the right I see some visitors who want to say “Hello”.

On 11/27/2023 at 4:07 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yes of course. But to me it looks like the person took some inspiration from SleeplessNight's Sabe Island. That's not a bad thing! Inspiring each other is a big and valuable part of the hobby imo. Like picking up a technique, maybe modify it and inspire other people until nobody knows who invented that one technique 15 years ago :pir_laugh2:

Yepp, and I have seen smaller versions of the tower on the web too.

On 11/28/2023 at 8:42 AM, Max_Lego said:

Very beautiful MOC! Love it 

Thanks! :pir_laugh2:

On 11/28/2023 at 9:30 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Beautiful one for sure !

Exactly. I had to have it for myself :pir-grin:

On 11/28/2023 at 11:07 PM, evancelt said:

Nice work!

Thanks! :pir-huzzah2:

On 11/29/2023 at 7:33 AM, Marooned Marin said:

tag-frontpaged-2019.png:pir-huzzah2:

Much appreciated!

On 11/29/2023 at 9:33 AM, _TLG_ said:

Cool build, with lots of nice and clean details!

:pir-sweet:

On 11/29/2023 at 12:48 PM, Sebeus I said:

Nicely done, the white masonry bricks work well here. It could use a cannon or two though :pir-classic:.

Right. Actually I tried to place a cannon for the Brickmania Antwerpen event, but there is not much space there for such a thing.

So, it looks nice but is not really defendable...

On 11/29/2023 at 5:50 PM, NOD said:

Very beautiful diorama! :pir-triumph:I also really like the decorated window frames. The defensive wall with the battlements built on the rocks is interesting. The minifigures are also great. On the right I see some visitors who want to say “Hello”.

Thanks. Yes I added some pirates on the right that are sneaking in (one has a "bomb" in his hand)

On 11/29/2023 at 9:56 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wonderful style! :bonaparte:

I agree :pir-grin:

On 11/29/2023 at 11:27 PM, JintaiZ said:

Great build! The name plaque is a nice touch.

Yes, but that is from the picture that inspired my build. The kudos go to somebody else.

Very nice build!

You did a really nice work with the windows frames!

The architecture is very convincing. Great job! Wish I built something like that...

On 2/13/2024 at 6:39 PM, Patgeo said:

Very nice build!

You did a really nice work with the windows frames!

On 2/18/2024 at 5:42 PM, Max_Lego said:

The architecture is very convincing. Great job! Wish I built something like that...

Feel free to do the same :pir-grin: