MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

According to Greekbricks we get Death Star Conference Room for $80

Anyone think there's any chance we get one of Yularen, Tarkin, or Motti in the conference room as a surprise addition? It seems like at least Motti should be there given I think he's probably one of the most important missing ANH characters, and seeing how Tarkin is relatively important as well plus has a huge aftermarket tag, it makes sense for him as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's a big chance of that unless the Imperial Officer is one of them or the leakers missed something, which seems unlikely. 

29 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

6 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

Anyone think there's any chance we get one of Yularen, Tarkin, or Motti in the conference room as a surprise addition? It seems like at least Motti should be there given I think he's probably one of the most important missing ANH characters, and seeing how Tarkin is relatively important as well plus has a huge aftermarket tag, it makes sense for him as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's a big chance of that unless the Imperial Officer is one of them or the leakers missed something, which seems unlikely. 

I just made a wishlist forum post a few days ago about wanting the conference room (diorama).  I will happily take a playset though and would love Motti, Yularen and Tarkin (would be nice to get tagge too but a combination would be cool).

31 minutes ago, Duke27 said:

If i remember correctly greekbricks isn't an accurate leaker. I think they just post stuff they see from other people.

for example they were one of the people reporting darth revan as an anniversary figure but that got debunked

2 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

If i remember correctly greekbricks isn't an accurate leaker. I think they just post stuff they see from other people.

for example they were one of the people reporting darth revan as an anniversary figure but that got debunked

He also reported that Storm was in the X-Jet, and earlier, spread debunked rumors about a $250 Fortnite Battle Bus and a Modular strip club. Not a reliable source at all.

2 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

He was reliable before, i'm not sure how about now. Actually, his minifigs selection for this set doesn't make too much sense: 2 Stormtroopers, Vader, 1 officer and 1 crew member. That's too weird for conference room

Lego conference room doesn't throw a red flag for anybody? Even with Darth Vader and Storm Troopers, wouldn't the set literally ONLY be for fig collectors wanting Tarkin? No child would excited about receiving a conference room lego set lol

hopefully more info comes out on the Death Star.  I am still leaning to it being a 50% smaller counter to yavin (no reason for that other than the price and leaked title Death Star play set).  Where we would have 1-2 officers, 2-3 troops, and Vader with a command room and another room, or hanger with small scale Vader tie, etc.

3 hours ago, FoggyFate said:

I’m praying it’s just stuff from the prelim because a Jabba’s Sail Barge without Jabba just seems mad to me.

I really hope you've seen another early prelim or something, because two figs, neither being jabba (and neither being anyone desirable like Slave/Huttslayer Leia or Max Rebo, let's be real), is insane for a Khetanna set.

3 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

There might be something alluding to that there, though. 

Definitely possible. By the way, did you notice the mods are giving us more titles/icons? You, me, and @NoOneOfImportance have little death stars under our names now, and Foggyfate is now "reliable Bothan #3"

I wonder what the death star icon means.

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So according to @Falconfan1414 75394, the 80€ Cal Kestis set includes Darth Vader and an additional 5–6 minifigures.

That set is really intriguing. I wonder whether all of them are the crew and it's a fully Imperial set, or if it includes characters like Luke and Kenobi.

This set is so close to being Fortress Inquisitorius, it's such a neat thing. I like this idea of the anniversary figure sort of fitting into the general vibe, even if he wasn't literally there. Like sure, Cal was never on the death star, but he fought Vader and the empire in plenty of imperial bases. 

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Unless there’s been new prelim photos of the sail barge, I’m not sure how we could know it doesn’t have an interior just by looking at the outside of the ship. The leaked image from last year looks like it could easily support a spacious interior. 

FoggyFate is a leaker who's assumably seen new images. I can't imagine he'd randomly just bring up his thoughts on the sail barge prelim leak this long after.

42 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

I wonder what colour scheme they’ll go with for Jedi Bob’s Starfighter? 

I like the idea of tan or beige, something really "boring" and generic for, say, painted walls, but unique for a jedi starfighter. Though I've also seen a greyscale suggestion which would be a hilarious meta joke on how people complain we get too many "grey ships" or whatever.

Though my honest guess is blue. We've had red, green, and yellow recently, and in most circumstances lego will take the easy path and just do another major color. That said, the easy path would have also included a normal millenium falcon, TIE, X-wing, and a jedi starfighter belonging to Anakin or Ahsoka, so...

29 minutes ago, thebricksbear said:

Lego conference room doesn't throw a red flag for anybody? Even with Darth Vader and Storm Troopers, wouldn't the set literally ONLY be for fig collectors wanting Tarkin? No child would excited about receiving a conference room lego set lol

We've had plenty of sets that boil down to generic rooms/buildings. I think a death star playset with Vader, Cal Kestis, and some officers would do fine.
On the other hand, is it possible this is a diorama?

Edited by Mandalorianknight

Do you think we will see more kotor stuff? I mean revan needs a special mould and I can't imagine Lego producing one without the Intention to reuse it.

1 minute ago, Gorilla94 said:

Do you think we will see more kotor stuff? I mean revan needs a special mould and I can't imagine Lego producing one without the Intention to reuse it.

why would revan need a special mold? the darth revan we got years ago looked great without one

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I really hope you've seen another early prelim or something, because two figs, neither being jabba (and neither being anyone desirable like Slave/Huttslayer Leia or Max Rebo, let's be real), is insane for a Khetanna set.

4 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

Now that I think about it, releasing a sarlaac playset to pair with a sail barge that isn’t remotely interactive or playable makes zero sense. I really think we’re working with limited info here painting the wrong picture. 

My thoughts on the rumoured list:
Death Star playset  sounds exciting, I love the imperial officer figures so any of them would come handy and selling the Cal Kestis minifig out of it would offset some of the cost. Only negatives would be the family guy stormtroopers and the fact that we aren't getting any of the ships or sets from the game otherwise Cal's figure wouldn't be there.
Dark Side Millenium Falcon: sounds like a really cool and out of the ordinary thing that they are trying to do which is exciting, sadly as a mainly prequel fan I don't even own a regular version or care about it at all so pass.
Tie Fighter and X-Wing set: not for me, sounds interesting though
Escape from the Sarlacc: Boba not having pauldron in a $90 set is criminal, will/will not get this set based on the UCS Sail Barge cause that set has potential to be the best UCS set we have ever gotten with tons of minifigs and interior, but can also be a disaster (if that UCS set is even coming at all)
Sith Infiltrator: Incredibly excited, can't wait to see Panaka's figure, Maul's speeder and I am curious if there is anything interesting with the Maul's figure, I am so interested in this set that they would really need to do something horrible and innacurate with it to make me not buy it
Jedi Bob starfighter: since 1999 I don't think I have been less excited about a set like I am about this one, I don't understand the hype or the added price on a non-canon character

All in all some decent stuff and LEGO trying something new. Not too hard on my wallet so I can focus on upcoming Mandalorian battle pack.

Okay if this Death Star Conference Room playset rumor is true. Why would Lego not include at a BARE minimum a Tarkin figure? Also if it’s true that the Sail Barge has two boring figures/ NO Interior just don’t even bother making the set at that point. Haslab showed us what the perfect UCS Sail Barge WOULD and SHOULD look like and if Lego can’t deliver that they’re better off making ANYTHING else. Also how can you make a set called JABBA’S SAIL BARGE and not include Jabba??????? 

Also “Evil 3PO just being a parody of Red Arm 3PO is so stupid like at LEAST a Red Eyes 3PO is from actual preexisting media and would have SOME value to collectors. A Black Arm 3PO has zero value and can be made by literally anyone who owns a 3PO and Black Arm!

15 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Also if it’s true that the Sail Barge has two boring figures/ NO Interior just don’t even bother making the set at that point. Haslab showed us what the perfect UCS Sail Barge WOULD and SHOULD look like and if Lego can’t deliver that they’re better off making ANYTHING else. Also how can you make a set called JABBA’S SAIL BARGE and not include Jabba??????? 

Yeah I’m inclined to agree here. This isn’t a throwaway midi scale or cheap playset, it’s your flagship $600+ enthusiast model, I hate to be the armchair businessman here, but no one is asking for a giant sail barge that only offerings exterior surface details, it’s just not that interesting a ship without the characters that bring it to life. They’ve always been the appeal. But again, I think we are working with very limited information here, I don’t think Lego is this careless. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

Fives just leaked and outside the waist cape I would say he’s the greatest clone trooper EVER made! The great news about the waist cape is you can just buy a 2012-2013 waist cape and you’re done.

2 hours ago, ArrowBricks said:

I wonder what colour scheme they’ll go with for Jedi Bob’s Starfighter? 

Primarily white with red accents 

5 minutes ago, FoggyFate said:

Primarily white with red accents 

Isn’t the other figure in the set just an Astromech?

17 minutes ago, Legofan2001 said:

Fives just leaked and outside the waist cape I would say he’s the greatest clone trooper EVER made! The great news about the waist cape is you can just buy a 2012-2013 waist cape and you’re done.

Wait where? I don't see anything on insta

Edited by Minishark2000