MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This year's leaks are so misleading that I wouldn't be surprised if, instead of the dark Millennium Falcon, we got a normal Millennium Falcon from the OT or anything other than a set based on a non-canon series that wasn't even made.

2 hours ago, Nilker said:

This year's leaks are so misleading that I wouldn't be surprised if, instead of the dark Millennium Falcon, we got a normal Millennium Falcon from the OT or anything other than a set based on a non-canon series that wasn't even made.

I don’t think that’s it’s misleading but they were early we knew about the August wave in January which never happens so I imagine at some point Lego might have changed a few things before they started manufacturing and finalising images. The prelims leak from last year all the sets when release were slightly different some lost features/figures/animals some gained them. 

time will tell I can imagine the leaks were right but they might have some changes. 

tbh though the ISD there wasn’t really anything reliable or consistent except for it came with Cal. At some point the price was cheaper there was more pieces, it was a Death Star then people speculated it was a conference room but nobody hinted or knew that it was going to be a ISD until the news came out 

4 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

2006 version also had more figures, was bigger and cost only $100 which is $154 with inflation now.

You're not wrong, but to be fair most SW sets these days don't live up to those standards. $160 playsets have had 5-6 minifigs for the past 5+ years. The Justifier basically had 4. The 2006 Star Destroyer had 8 (not counting the mouse droid), and the 2024 set has 7. I wouldn't look at that as a huge downgrade, especially considering the new figures are notably more detailed than the classic ones.

Would it be nice if the new ISD was bigger? Yes. But I'd also say this one is more detailed and polished off than the 2006 model, so there's always some give and take.

I'm quite impressed by the new Star Destroyer; it looks well finished and the box-art is particularly good. The interior looks a little 'minimal' but the exterior is several grades above either of the previous two versions.  I'm not too worried about the price - presumably it will be widely available so it will be at least 30% off at some point which will make it far more reasonable.  I'm guessing that the RRP will be around £150 - but hopefully it might be a little less. 

Overall it looks to be a decent addition to the 2024 wave - I doubt if I'll get it to be honest, as I already have the UCS version.

I did not follow the leaks and I was surprised by the announcement! 

160$ USD is wild for something that size...

Looks good but too small, Star Destroyers should be impressive. I like the hull and interior details though. 

Cal not having BD-1 and no Poncho is a crime.

The mini-fig selection is quite nice, but do they even all fit in the ship :pir-bawling:

New trailer on the Star Wars YT channel for a LEGO animated "what if" style series.

Shows Jedi Bob, the Evil Falcon, Darth Jar Jar and some new characters which might be the ones that couldn't be identified before.

1 minute ago, CallumPears said:

New trailer on the Star Wars YT channel for a LEGO animated "what if" style series.

Shows Jedi Bob, the Evil Falcon, Darth Jar Jar and some new characters which might be the ones that couldn't be identified before.

The X-Wing vs Tie is also based on this.
I don’t think we’ve ever gotten this many sets to tie-in with a Lego original SW property before.

Well that wave makes a lot more sense now. I’m not sure I’ll buy any of the sets (I may get Jedi Bob) but I have to say that I like that Lego are trying something different with this wave. 

No pictures of Jedi Bob's starfighter in there, unfortunately. The Dark Falcon in the trailer is a recolored UCS v2, not the upcoming playset. There are some pretty good pics of the new X-wing and TIE fighter in the configuration of TIE cockpit ball + X-wings. It looks to me like they kept the main components of the 2021 models (TIE cockpit, X-wings) with as few modifications as possible, and grafted them together as simply as possible. To me, that makes the X-wing less interesting than I hoped it would be, although we've already seen that its fuselage is pretty different than the 2021 version. I can't tell how the wings of the new version stay open. They appear to be hinged on Technic axles, not click hinges, but I can't see any mechanical jacks or elastic bands to keep them open.

Posted (edited)

'Meesa gonna hurt yousa.' 
- Darth Jar-Jar, [TBD] ABY / BBY

Should be fun, I'm in :laugh: So it begins, Jedi Bob vs. Darth Jar-Jar, the great battle of our time.

All in all, it seems 3 summer sets will be based on this show (Jedi Bob's Starfighter, the X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter, and Dark Falcon). The figures at the very least should be quite unique.

Edited by Kaijumeister

3 sets for a TLG short, which is the same number of sets that Andor and the Bad Batch got combined... :hmpf_bad:

Doubt I'll get any of the sets, but still, the short looks like a fun time. Looks to be in a similar vein to the LEGO holiday special from last (?) year. It's wild that Jedi Bob has gone from being an early LSW meme to a main character on a major streaming platform.

Re: ISD

It might be weird but I am more disappointed that the crewman has a black cap. Crewmen on the bridge have olive caps, the black caps are for technicians.

Also, a black uniform officer, while overdue, would not have been my first choice. But it is ok. However, I would have given two minifigs of a kind: two navy troopers, two stormtroopers, two gunners etc., rather than one of each.

Still, a great playset! As a kid loved this kind of set. No distracting good guys, nice exterior, less than stellar but still not immersion-breaking interior... yeah I would have annoyed my parents.

14 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

Lego avoids named imperial officers at all costs.  Outside of Veers, we have a Yularen gwp from almost ten years ago, and then Piett and Tarkin who have only been in expensive UCS sets in the last almost 15 years.  (And then the 2006 tarkin).  

Look on the bright side: we get a black uniform with another set of rank insigna. I unironically think that is great.

Posted (edited)

Looks bigger than expected. Or is this just a recolored UCS version?

Spoiler

brjrLPe.png
q55S4J2.png

Edited by R0Sch
hidden spoilers

7 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

They usually change the helmet every 4-7 years. In 2014, they introduced the family guy version in the Star Destroyer. That's why I hoped they would introduce a better version now. What sucks is that, because of covid, people not buying the sets with these new stormtroopers couldn't really be felt by LEGO financially. This is because we got an influx of new collectors, investors, and hipsters that just filled the void people boycotting the sets left, so LEGO didn't really have an incentive to change it. Wouldn't be the craziest thing to expect a new improved helmet alongside a battle pack in the next 2 years.
Version 1: 2001-2005 4 years
Version 2: 2006-2013 7 years
Version 3: 2014-2019 5 years

You seem to be missing a fairly important fact- it was the same mold from 2001-2019. They only changed the print. And I highly doubt a different print would get you on board.

5 hours ago, Nilker said:

I think you jinxed it.

35 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

The X-Wing vs Tie is also based on this.
I don’t think we’ve ever gotten this many sets to tie-in with a Lego original SW property before.

I'm deeply concerned about those figures now, especially with lego throwing in some random original characters as well. (Why not just more altered versions of existing characters? Why not past lego originals like they're doing with jedi bob? people would have gone nuts for a jek-14, and an older Rowan could have been cool).

I'm ok with Jedi Bob's fighter including one of the origional characters, but I hope the Dark Falcon is mainly swapped versions of existing ones, and I REALLY hope that X-wing vs tie set has normal figs.

4 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Lego you are forgiven for giving us a smaller ISD as you have given us Master Bob and Darth Jar Jar

Interestingly, Bob appears to be the 2002 figure, complete with yellow skin, unlike the one shown in the poster. I wonder if the set's two figures are both bobs? (That said, apparently the leaked figures of a set don't mean anything- I think we're at roughly 50% of the august sets having figure counts/characters different than what leaked. 

2 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Looks bigger than expected. Or is this just a recolored UCS version?

Just a recolored 2017 falcon.

2 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I REALLY hope that X-wing vs tie set has normal figs.

Oh man, now I think about it we're probably going to get an 'evil' Rebel pilot and a 'good' TIE pilot. So much for all the hopes of a new OT pilot figure (though I guess they could still use the same helmet as one of them). 

4 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

Oh man, now I think about it we're probably going to get an 'evil' Rebel pilot and a 'good' TIE pilot. So much for all the hopes of a new OT pilot figure (though I guess they could still use the same helmet as one of them). 

If the trailer tells us anything.. there’s a chance that the X-Wing and Tie set may also come with P1 Clone troopers.

I need Jedi Bob vs Darth Jar Jar to be the climatic battle. A Duel of the Memes if you will.

Posted (edited)

Are we sure the set will be an X-wing vs TIE and not just this X-Wing TIE from the trailer?

Spoiler

lDmMTHr.png
M2fBT4K.png

Also Ewok Bounty Hunters in Y-Wing in attack formation?!

Spoiler

DX7uNjX.png

One thing that is confusing now: Will Jedi Bob have a yellow or flesh colored head? Trailer says yellow, poster flesh...

Edited by R0Sch

4 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

I would grumble but still potentially buy the set if it was something like:

Pilot Luke, Black-suited X-wing pilot (Purist custom Jaina inbound), TIE Pilot, white-armored TIE Pilot, R2, black-and-red R2, and then let's say a stormtrooper and rebel stormtrooper or something.

But if it's only 4-5 figs and one of those is a droid, I'd be disappointed, not to mention if they throw in those new original characters. IMO this set, since it assumably will be able to look like a normal X-wing and tie, should include figures that look normal. Let the parts be swapped around or something but otherwise I think it should include normal figs.

Ugh please don’t stick spring loaded shooters on the wings of the x-wing like an afterthought, I thought we were past this

4 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Hide contents

DX7uNjX.png

One thing that is confusing now: Will Jedi Bob have a yellow or flesh colored head? Trailer says yellow, poster flesh...

The Poster creator modernised a few other yellow figs, I don't think that it has any precedent.

3 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

If the trailer tells us anything.. there’s a chance that the X-Wing and Tie set may also come with P1 Clone troopers.

Don't let them start that.

And I changed my mind- worst case scenario is that they make the X-wing and TIE set come with mainly clones. I can't imagine all the crying about how lego is "forcing" them to buy a $110 OT set, not to mention the fact that any OT fans would get a set with completely unrelated figures.

(Fives was fine- he's an anniversary figure. P1 clones occupying an X-wing and TIE set is different)

2 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Are we sure the set will be an X-wing vs TIE and not just this X-Wing TIE from the trailer?

Yes. I mean look at that shot- it's very clear that the ship present is a combination of an X-wing lego model and a TIE lego model, given how rough and modular it looks at the blend between them. Not to mention we've known about this swapping gimmick long before this trailer. (Also, that is NOT a $110 set. I know lego's prices have gotten bad recently, but c'mon)

The starfighter allegedly has two figs, so it's entirely possible it has both.

3 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Ugh please don’t stick spring loaded shooters on the wings of the x-wing like an afterthought, I thought we were past this

To be fair, these are pretty harmless. If you don't like 'em, just remove 'em, and they aren't as integrated into the build as many other ships are with their spring shooters.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

The Poster creator modernised a few other yellow figs, I don't think that it has any precedent.

But he left some yellow IIRC, and I don't think he updated the detailing much like he did Bob.

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

Damn it! I was hoping the fleshy to be canon and the yellow one legends. :))