MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I’m happy with all the anniversary figs we are getting because hopefully they stick to “not getting them any other way” and this means we aren’t getting any other Kenobi show sets with kid Leia.

In all seriousness I do think a couple of them could have been better thrown into random Clone Wars sets and different figs selected for the anniversary figs, but at least they’re all six new right now. 

And I think that post from “FF” is highly sus given that particular subreddit, the brand new account, the style… though I have personally wondered if Lego didn’t do a covert ops with the wave and hide a fake detail in it to catch whoever internally has been leaking.  

21 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Anyone is a better choice than young Leia

Respectfully disagree.
Sure, there are more interesting characters than her, but I think this might turn out to be a nice minifigure. 

6 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am actually good with R2-KT being the last anniversary ‘fig; while there are more significant and visually-interesting characters, her IRL backstory makes her a worthwhile choice. 

Agreed!

I'm really glad to hear about R2-KT, I just hope the set she comes in is nice.
It sounds rather peculiar right now.

Regards,
Mitch

First off, I don't buy the random "Fake Falcon" post. Renown was teasing the Jedi Bob set as early as November (two months before the full leak came out). I think it's far more likely that there's some joker over on Reddit trying to stir the pot, than both leakers getting things incorrect.

I am looking forward to R2-KT though! Especially with it being a cheaper set, I might even be able to buy that one outright, as opposed to just getting the figure loose on Bricklink, to help show some support. All depends on what the final set ends up looking like, of course, but I'll keep my mind open to it. 

Overall, strong choices for bonus anniversary figs (besides Young Leia, of course - even if you didn't think she's a wasted slot, she'd be easy to make a purist custom of). Instested to see what the full sets will look like!

I already wrote that 75387 Vader has got inaccurate torso printing, which makes the 75150 Rebels minifigure the only more or less acceptable version. Only now I realised that in 75365 Yavin fortress they gave Han Solo a new accurate torso printing that matches his appearance during the award ceremony scene! ONE SCENE! Darth Vader has been wearing clothes over his shoulder armor throught the whole movie, and TLG didn't bother to o give him a new torso design! Isn't it double standard?

Please forgive me for bringing it up again, I'm just furious...

1 hour ago, OOM-9 said:

And I think that post from “FF” is highly sus given that particular subreddit, the brand new account, the style… though I have personally wondered if Lego didn’t do a covert ops with the wave and hide a fake detail in it to catch whoever internally has been leaking.  

Yeah I was thinking it was a little sus. But I just wanted to get a second opinion on it before I made a judgement.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

5 hydrogen bombs vs 1 coughing baby.

This is completely accurate

8 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am actually good with R2-KT being the last anniversary ‘fig; while there are more significant and visually-interesting characters, her IRL backstory makes her a worthwhile choice. 

If LEGO goes this route (which I think would be excellent), I hope that we get a variety of heads for customisation - Especially Rebel trooper chinstrap heads!! 

I've been working on a prediction set for it and that was one of the first things I did- heads for Albin Johnson,  Dave Filoni, George Lucas, and some alternate heads and hair for the rebel troopers. 

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I just went on r/LegoStarWarsLeaks. There’s a recent post by u/PhoenixFan1515 saying this.  I do not know whether this is a joke or not. But if it’s real then these are dark times my friends.

Please help 

I don’t have much time left I got a cease and desist in the mail they threatened legal action, the dark falcon and the Jedi bob star fighter were fake meant to find out who had been leaking them I can No longer post any leaks or else I may be sued, farewell my friends and may the force be with you.

"I don't have much time left" really makes me think this is fake. Lego's not going to Boeing him, the worst case scenario is he's sued for violating an NDA, if he signed one, or a pretty difficult suit on lego's case if he didn't, as it'd be pretty hard to prove revenue loss from the leaks (at least, that's how it works in the US, IDK about other countries). There's also no point to this message- "Please help?" Help how? 

I'm sure it would be scary to have lego threaten legal action- though while I do feel for the guy, it is what he signed up for- but this doesn't make sense. Why would he post this now, a good while after he went silent? What he is he hoping to accomplish? I think it's much more likely this is some idiot teenager trying to get attention, false sympathy, and/or spook kids.

Not to mention, IIRC Renown's talked about some of those leaks, and he's still around.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

33 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I've been working on a prediction set for it and that was one of the first things I did- heads for Albin Johnson,  Dave Filoni, George Lucas, and some alternate heads and hair for the rebel troopers. 

Damn, you really forgot to add in the Cowboy hat.

I’m honestly just wondering what the build is going to be. Is it a building? I don’t know why, and it most definitely won’t be, but the emphasis on generic rebels and stormtroopers makes me consider that this is an add-on of sorts to the Death Star set, but with special heads for the 501st legion guys.

Or, could this possibly be the Beach Troopers and Rebel Friend set we’ve been waiting for?

Posted (edited)

Yeah, that “cry for help“ is obviously nonsense :laugh_hard: It‘s not written in Falconfan‘s style, and I seriously doubt he‘d talk about the issue using an unsubtly named sock puppet account. It’s the equivalent of disguising yourself with a fake beard with the price tag still attached :snicker:

Also, funny how often people accuse the rumours they personally dislike of being fake :tongue: If TLG really pulled a sting operation by spreading different information, why would only the Dark Falcon and Jedi Bob sets be fake, rather than the entire list? And why didn’t we hear about any other fake lists? Because if this really was a trap to determine a spy, there would be alternate lists somewhere.

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

16 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

If TLG really pulled a sting operation by spreading different information, why would only the Dark Falcon and Jedi Bob sets be fake, rather than the entire list?

Because those two are ABSOLUTELY unrealistic. The Dark Millennium Falcon doesn't seem to be based on anything, of its minifigure section only Dark Rey and White Vader appeared in official media (with White Vader appearing in a Legends comic), the Jedi Bob set is a little more believable yet still sounds more like a joke

12 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

Because those two are ABSOLUTELY unrealistic. 

Stranger things have happened. Pun intended :laugh: Yes, they do sound like jokes, but that makes a sting operation even less likely. It‘s basically a neon sign flashing „FAKE”, so no insider would fall for that :tongue: 

12 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Stranger things have happened. Pun intended :laugh: Yes, they do sound like jokes, but that makes a sting operation even less likely. It‘s basically a neon sign flashing „FAKE”, so no insider would fall for that :tongue: 

Well, they got leaked so clearly someone would've fallen for it (or did fall for it if they are indeed fake)

Still, why put out a partially correct set list then? Did someone at TLG really think, "yeah, let's spill the beans on these other sets, Lucasfilm/Disney surely won't mind, it's worth sacrificing them to catch a leaker :wacko:". In my mind, it's either all true or all fake.

31 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Still, why put out a partially correct set list then? Did someone at TLG really think, "yeah, let's spill the beans on these other sets, Lucasfilm/Disney surely won't mind, it's worth sacrificing them to catch a leaker :wacko:". In my mind, it's either all true or all fake.

Well the sith infiltrator was correctly leaked, but the leaked figures were very wrong. So it can be a mix of both. 

Posted (edited)

I wasn’t aware of the story behind R2-KT, definitely a poignant subject for an anniversary figure.

For me the Dark Falcon is still an iffy choice for a set, especially being the flagship summer wave set. As cool and unique as it sounds, part of me thinks it’s a waste of a slot and could’ve been something else like the Chimaera or Stinger Mantis (not that the latter would happen). The big summer wave ‘spaceship’ sets are always my most anticipated though, so I’m hoping the Falcon will exceed expectations.

Edited by Kaijumeister

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Well the sith infiltrator was correctly leaked, but the leaked figures were very wrong. So it can be a mix of both. 

To be fair, this happens a lot.  Sometimes I think it’s people making things up and trying to pass them off as a real leak, either so that if it does work out, they gain credibility, or just honest speculation that gets misconstrued as fact.  Last year, there were a ton of people saying that the 332nd BP either came with Bly or Rex, for example.  I’ve noticed that most of the reliable leakers will say “likely” or “might” include certain figures sometimes and other times just say it includes a figure, so I feel like at times that can get misconstrued. 

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

For me the Dark Falcon is still an iffy choice for a set, especially being the flagship summer wave set. As cool and unique as it sounds, part of me thinks it’s a waste of a slot and could’ve been something else like the Chimaera or Stinger Mantis (not that the latter would happen). The big summer wave ‘spaceship’ sets are always my most anticipated though, so I’m hoping the Falcon will exceed expectations.

I agree- While it's one of the funniest things lego could possibly make, it is an odd choice for a flagship set. Jedi Bob's starfighter is fine because it's a standard price point.

As I mentioned, I did a mock-up for what the R2-KT set could be going off the figure list (3 stormies, 3 rebels, R2-KT) and 383 piece count, alongside the "celebration" name. I try not to post my mocs here, but this is me trying to actually predict it, so I thought I'd share it (images in the spoiler):

Spoiler

501st%20Fans%201.png

We've got a couple main segments we'll dive into here:

501st%20Fans%202.png

The first is the 501st symbol, which works both in-and-out of universe. For the purpose of the set it's a wall decal for photo ops.

501st%20Fans%203.png

Here we've got a theatre screen showing Star Wars. Nothing fancy, though I tried to give it the illusion of curtains. I forgot to take a render, but there's storage space behind for the alternate heads and hairstyles

501st%20Fans%20L.png

Oh, and in the middle there we've got a seating section for the figures. Again, nothing fancy, just some movie theatre seats. Figs are (L-R): R2-KT, 2x stormtrooper, 1x 501st commander (501st patch on arm), and 3x rebel troopers, one of whom is Rebel Friend. The 501st commander's head is meant to resemble founder Albin Johnson, and there are several alternate heads and hairstyles included, two of whom are modeled after George Lucas and Dave Filoni. Included accessories include a 501st flag, 2 cellphones, 2 popcorn buckets, a soda can, a camera, and Rebel Friend's megaphone blaster, alongside 6 normal blasters for use as props or if you bought the set as an army-builder.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

As I mentioned, I did a mock-up for what the R2-KT set could be going off the figure list (3 stormies, 3 rebels, R2-KT) and 383 piece count, alongside the "celebration" name. I try not to post my mocs here, but this is me trying to actually predict it, so I thought I'd share it (images in the spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

501st%20Fans%201.png

We've got a couple main segments we'll dive into here:

501st%20Fans%202.png

The first is the 501st symbol, which works both in-and-out of universe. For the purpose of the set it's a wall decal for photo ops.

501st%20Fans%203.png

Here we've got a theatre screen showing Star Wars. Nothing fancy, though I tried to give it the illusion of curtains. I forgot to take a render, but there's storage space behind for the alternate heads and hairstyles

501st%20Fans%20L.png

Oh, and in the middle there we've got a seating section for the figures. Again, nothing fancy, just some movie theatre seats. Figs are (L-R): R2-KT, 2x stormtrooper, 1x 501st commander (501st patch on arm), and 3x rebel troopers, one of whom is Rebel Friend. The 501st commander's head is meant to resemble founder Albin Johnson, and there are several alternate heads and hairstyles included, two of whom are modeled after George Lucas and Dave Filoni. Included accessories include a 501st flag, 2 cellphones, 2 popcorn buckets, a soda can, a camera, and Rebel Friend's megaphone blaster, alongside 6 normal blasters for use as props or if you bought the set as an army-builder.

That’s pretty cool. It probably won’t be what the anniversary set ends up being but this is a pretty good and a very wholesome guess overall. Well done, excellent mock.

Seeing that the promo short film on the Lego website took place on the Tantive IV, and that the Hallway is Modular could this possibly be an add on for the hallway? Especially looking at the Stormtrooper and Rebel fleet trooper figures.

Edited by CloneCommando99

Random question: expensive option but what about the legs of the new CMF M-tron for coruscant guards?

1 hour ago, Arjo said:

Random question: expensive option but what about the legs of the new CMF M-tron for coruscant guards?

I was thinking the same, though the red pattern on the side extends pretty high up so probably wouldn't look right. Could wipe it off, but depending on how valuable those legs end up being you might as well buy customs at that point. 

Really wish they'd just used dual-molding for the Shock Troopers (and with the colours swapped for Fox) to begin with. 

Think i’ll try to get my hands on one pair just to give it a try. Will be too pricey to swap in numbers anyway.

@Mandalorianknight Nice work! That’s an awesome concept for a set. Prior to the information that leaked I was wondering if the ‘Anniversary Set’ would’ve been something like a buildable Lego Star Wars logo with characters on top of it like what we saw on the packaging for the very first sets in 1999.

Speaking of the Space CMF M-Tron figure, anyone catch that ‘hose’ piece between his backpack and weapon? That would be perfect to use for the June Paz Viszla figure!

You’re right, I had missed that at first. Then another reason to try to find that guy then!

Posted (edited)

It was a while back but I think it was Max Baut who said that Paz would have a decent brickbuilt blaster this time round, so hopefully the figure will incorporate that hose piece. We’ve seen with figures like this year’s Marvel Lizard that CMF pieces can make it into System sets.

Would be perfect for a Baze Malbus figure too if Lego ever revisit Rogue One.

Edit: Brick Fanatics had an article on it. Gives some cool details about the June Mando S3 sets.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

It was a while back but I think it was Max Baut who said that Paz would have a decent brickbuilt blaster this time round, so hopefully the figure will incorporate that hose piece. We’ve seen with figures like this year’s Marvel Lizard that CMF pieces can make it into System sets.

Would be perfect for a Baze Malbus figure too if Lego ever revisit Rogue One.

Edit: Brick Fanatics had an article on it. Gives some cool details about the June Mando S3 sets.

That's some interesting info and I agree about the new hose piece. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw it.

I just recreated the new minifig-scale Droideka and I have to say, it's way better in person. I dare say it's actually the best one they've ever done. Looking at it straight on from the front and from a low level doesn't do it any favors. Also, contrary to what some have said, it actually CAN fold up into a ball, you just have to flip the legs upside down and remove the clear stand. As I've said before, I do hope the slope on the back is printed or even stickered to provide more details and make it a more desirable figure.

Edited by ToaDraco

10 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

That’s pretty cool. It probably won’t be what the anniversary set ends up being but this is a pretty good and a very wholesome guess overall. Well done, excellent mock.

Seeing that the promo short film on the Lego website took place on the Tantive IV, and that the Hallway is Modular could this possibly be an add on for the hallway? Especially looking at the Stormtrooper and Rebel fleet trooper figures.

Thanks! 

I thought the same thing about the figures, but I think it'd be odd to just do another identical segment of hallway. I would have expected something like the area with the escape pod and where Leia records the message, but the figures don't match.

6 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

@Mandalorianknight Nice work! That’s an awesome concept for a set. Prior to the information that leaked I was wondering if the ‘Anniversary Set’ would’ve been something like a buildable Lego Star Wars logo with characters on top of it like what we saw on the packaging for the very first sets in 1999.

Speaking of the Space CMF M-Tron figure, anyone catch that ‘hose’ piece between his backpack and weapon? That would be perfect to use for the June Paz Viszla figure!

That would have been pretty cool too, and a nice way to get a variety of main characters.

It would, I hope they are updating the figure. The 2021 one really needed some darker colors, a new helmet, and a chain/hose for the gun.