MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Lordhelmet said:

https://bricknerd.com/home/the-missing-minifigures-of-lego-star-wars-3-24-23

here is a really good article with a pretty exhaustive list of missing original trilogy minifigs. There are still plenty of missing characters and variants. 

My personal most-wanted here- after nien numb makes his debut- is the imperial advisor guy. Such a creepy and cool design and one of the most intriguing things in the OT before all the expanded material came out. 

According to the illustrator of the poster, there are two characters that LEGO suggested be included. While he did not specify anyone outright, he did say that any new faces were not accidental; this seems to confirm Nien for a physical Minifig! 
The illustrator also said that he has not seen any discussion of the second character, which would seem to rule out fleshie Jedi Bob. Interestingly, Zam Wesell is depicted as a fleshie as well, though her design is the original 2002 one; yellow Han, Luke, and Qui-Gon appear on the poster, so it is a bit strange to depict her differently from her Minifig. Combined with the cancelled 2020 version that is being shown, I am beginning to wonder if we are somehow getting Zam in one of the upcoming sets - Maybe Nien is a non-anniversary character in the X-wing vs. TIE set (as suggested by others), and Zam is the mysterious second ‘fig in Jedi Bob’s starfighter? 🤔

10 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Not a specific character, but Lego hasn’t made any imperial space-troopers either despite them having screen time in ANH. Here’s hoping they include one in the upcoming Death Star playset as well as a couple of stormtroopers.

Spacetroopers are just standard Stormtroopers with a backpack (no new detailing/printing), so they are easy to cobble together ourselves. 

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't believe I never knew about the ANH spacetroopers before. I even have a reference book about the evolution of the stormtrooper and it's variants, how they made the suits at ILM, all that, and I don't think it ever mentioned them.

Fun fact: There was only one Spacetrooper suit, so they used split-screen to make the two that we see in ANH! 

6 hours ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

I mean yeah, but those are all anniversary figs. We know what all six anniversary figs are, and Nien isn't one of them. Therefore he should be coming in a thematically appropriate set.

Ah, fair enough. As he falls into the category of 'named character that's never been in a set before' I figured he was going to be an extra anniversary figure.

45 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

According to the illustrator of the poster, there are two characters that LEGO suggested be included. While he did not specify anyone outright, he did say that any new faces were not accidental; this seems to confirm Nien for a physical Minifig! 
The illustrator also said that he has not seen any discussion of the second character, which would seem to rule out fleshie Jedi Bob. Interestingly, Zam Wesell is depicted as a fleshie as well, though her design is the original 2002 one; yellow Han, Luke, and Qui-Gon appear on the poster, so it is a bit strange to depict her differently from her Minifig. Combined with the cancelled 2020 version that is being shown, I am beginning to wonder if we are somehow getting Zam in one of the upcoming sets - Maybe Nien is a non-anniversary character in the X-wing vs. TIE set (as suggested by others), and Zam is the mysterious second ‘fig in Jedi Bob’s starfighter? 🤔

Hopefully its Zam. While I'd prefer seeing her included in a Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake I'd still be happy just getting the character alone in an upcoming unrelated set.

I'd be disappointed if the illustrator was indicating Thrawn who we already know is supposed to show up in the Peridea set.

55 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I'm going to tentatively assume it's Fleshie jedi bob, since that is a figure we know is upcoming. (Also, jedi bob has a "canon" race now, which is just a weird thing to say.) Any other fleshified figures I'm going to assume are just artistic license

55 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Spacetroopers are just standard Stormtroopers with a backpack (no new detailing/printing), so they are easy to cobble together ourselves. 

Fun fact: There was only one Spacetrooper suit, so they used split-screen to make the two that we see in ANH! 

Mostly, but they do have that hose that loops around to under their helmet in front. Could be done with printing like the clone pilots, or a new mold.

I read that this morning after I found out spacetroopers were in the OT! The other suit was stolen, right?

3 minutes ago, wesker said:

Hopefully its Zam. While I'd prefer seeing her included in a Bounty Hunter Pursuit remake I'd still be happy just getting the character alone in an upcoming unrelated set.

I just don't know what she'd show up in- we're out of anniversary figs, and she doesn't really fit anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm going to tentatively assume it's Fleshie jedi bob, since that is a figure we know is upcoming. (Also, jedi bob has a "canon" race now, which is just a weird thing to say.) Any other fleshified figures I'm going to assume are just artistic license

The only other characters that have altered appearances are Gregor (corrected Clone skin colour) and the 332nd Jet Trooper (never an actual Minifig, but able to be made with existing parts); Jedi Bob (confirmed) and Zam Wesell stand out. 
I am a little disappointed that they chose to make Jedi Bob a fleshie, though, since it furthers the Lando debacle (yellow == White). Additionally, he could have stayed yellow and just been retconned into a near-Human (Nothoiin, Hrakian). 

13 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Mostly, but they do have that hose that loops around to under their helmet in front. Could be done with printing like the clone pilots, or a new mold.

True, though it is not nearly prominent enough to feel worthy of taking a new print or mould slot (unless they also make the Battlefront 2015 Magma Troopers). 

16 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I just don't know what she'd show up in- we're out of anniversary figs, and she doesn't really fit anywhere.

The only thing that I can think of (short of a yet-unleaked set) is for her to be the second Minifig in Jedi Bob’s starfighter. It sort of makes sense, as she is the only remaining 2002 Minifig not to be remade. 

32 minutes ago, wesker said:

I'd be disappointed if the illustrator was indicating Thrawn who we already know is supposed to show up in the Peridea set.

Thrawn is his (inaccurate) Rebels Minifig, so I doubt that. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

True, though it is not nearly prominent enough to feel worthy of taking a new print or mould slot (unless they also make the Battlefront 2015 Magma Troopers). 

Good point. I was just saying that’s it’s probably the only OT trooper with Screen Time that hasn’t been made.

I would love some Magma Troopers though.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am a little disappointed that they chose to make Jedi Bob a fleshie, though, since it furthers the Lando debacle (yellow == White). Additionally, he could have stayed yellow and just been retconned into a near-Human (Nothoiin, Hrakian). 

I mean, by making him human at all, they kind of had to choose a race. Making him near-human could have been something, but I also liked that jedi bob was just some random human. When I was a kid me and my friends gave him a very "florida man" type personality and imagined him as some random old human who may or may not have even been able to use the force. 2003 Lando is one guy- Looking at figures from themes that still use yellow for skin, it's pretty clear that the figures can be any race, I really don't think anyone rational is going to decide that because Jedi bob has a light skin tone, lego is racist or something.

11 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Oh it's definitely not, I'm just saying the fig would technically need a new print or mold to be done accurately.

8 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I would love some Magma Troopers though.

Totally agree, they're a very cool design and were marketed pretty heavily around Battlefront 2015's launch.

It would be nice if the Jedi Bob starfighter had a range of different heads and hairstyles to choose from, but that's unlikely.

5 minutes ago, icm said:

It would be nice if the Jedi Bob starfighter had a range of different heads and hairstyles to choose from, but that's unlikely.

Yeah, that would be nice! Kind of 'create your own jedi'. I like that idea! But it's Lego and every hair piece and every head cost them 1c and thus it's impossible :pir_laugh2:

42 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, that would be nice! Kind of 'create your own jedi'. I like that idea! But it's Lego and every hair piece and every head cost them 1c and thus it's impossible :pir_laugh2:

Laughs in D&D Minifigures

7 minutes ago, JohnTPT17 said:

Laughs in D&D Minifigures

Exactly. They should do this more often. Helmet and hair piece and things like that.

53 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Exactly. They should do this more often. Helmet and hair piece and things like that.

Oh, I agree. Even something as simple as throwing in a few hair pieces with clones/stormtroopers could add a lot of value and not hurt a set's price in any major way. 

Posted (edited)

Brickclicker just leaked some more info on the Death Star playset. It’s $159.99. Confirmed figures: Darth Vader, 2 stormtroopers, imperial crew member,  Death Star trooper, 2x imperial officers and 4 other unknown figures. (+ already confirmed Cal Kestis) It sounds good. 

The Sarlaac pit is now supposedly and surprisingly coming with an anniversary figure as well. Nien Nunb? Also according to Brick Clicker.

Edited by CloneCommando99

9 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Brickclicker just leaked some more info on the Death Star playset. It’s $159.99. Confirmed figures: Darth Vader, 2 stormtroopers, imperial crew member,  Death Star trooper, 2x imperial officers and 4 other unknown figures. (+ already confirmed Cal Kestis) It sounds good. 

The Sarlaac pit is now supposedly and surprisingly coming with an anniversary figure as well. Nien Nunb? Also according to Brick Clicker.

That Death Star set sounds phenomenal! Interesting to hear about the Skiff! 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

The Sarlaac pit is now supposedly and surprisingly coming with an anniversary figure as well. Nien Nunb?

Unless that turns out to be the young Leia set and the whole thing of her coming with a big creature build was just wrong? (assuming they didn't mean the sarlacc when they said creature, which I doubt they would)

Death Star sounds great, probably my most-anticipated set this year aside from the UCS Sail Barge (and Barad-Dûr for LotR). Hopefully one of those officers (or one of the unknowns) is Tarkin. Do we know if Cal is one of the 4 unknowns or if he's in addition to this list? (so 11 or 12 figures in total)

Edited by CallumPears

Now that’s interesting. 

Lego themselves officially said there’d be six anniversary figures, we know that these include:

- (Confirmed, obviously): Fives, Malak, and Saw

- (Rumoured): Young Leia, R2-KT, Cal, and (now) another with the Sarlacc set.

So something doesn’t add up here. Either R2-KT isn’t considered an anniversary figure, or one of the other rumoured figures isn’t.

I’m kind of starting to hope the ‘Death Star playset’ (which even Brick Clicker appended with a question mark) could actually be based on Fortress Inquisitorius from Fallen Order. Obviously characters like Death Star Troopers aren’t present there but hey, why not?

I’m most likely wrong, but it seems odd that this set has so much uncertainty around if it it’s meant to be an OT set. Of course it’s possible Young Leia may not be an anniversary figure, but the possibilities are exciting nonetheless.

I'm excited to see some sets will get 4x Insider points for May 4th! I've been looking to buy the Coruscant Guard Gunship to do a regular scheme colour swap, and with 20% in points plus all the GWP (once I add a $20 set), that feels like a pretty good value. :laugh:

51 minutes ago, CallumPears said:

Unless that turns out to be the young Leia set and the whole thing of her coming with a big creature build was just wrong?

That sounds very much possible actually. Some leakers game of telephone and the creature ends up being in fact the Sarlacc. We'll see :shrug_confused:

Death Star set is my top priority set this year (outside Brad dur).  Can’t wait to see pictures.  Hoping one of the four unknowns is tarkin but doubting it as that would theoretically be an easy identification given the context.  Hoping it is a true counter set to Yavin and that the other four figures are all imperials.

1 hour ago, Kaijumeister said:

Lego themselves officially said there’d be six anniversary figures, we know that these include: […]

Exactly, there isn’t any wiggle room! Either the new rumour is wrong, or either Young Leia or R2-KT aren‘t part of the anniversary roster after all. If Leia isn‘t an anniversary fig, her set would have to be LO-LA, which is kinda too late :laugh: However, R2-KT not being counted as one of the six would make some sense, since she‘s technically not a minifig and the only character not to be included in a regular set.

Brick Clicker also said the Skiff set will include "one Desert Skiff and a small Sarlacc Pit"... No idea how they're gonna squeeze 558 pieces into this when the last two each had 200-300 pieces. Thought they might throw in two skiffs for the scene but apparently not. 

The brick clicker post did speculate that either R2-KT or young Leia weren’t actually anniversary figures but just normal figures that comes with the set which could leave room for another anniversary figure 

I could see R2-KT being the other minifigure in Jedi Bob's Starfighter. The other 'buildable creature' set that Young Leia was rumoured to come with could also be Lola I suppose. I could see someone not knowing what they were looking at and maybe see a few 'eyes' on the build. :sceptic:

Isn’t R2-KT supposed to be coming in the special 25th Anniversary set? If that’s the case, then KT could totally just be another figure since the set’s not based on anything in particular (presumably), but also technically an “anniversary” minifigure since it’s an anniversary set.