MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2024 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

The ship models look great, especially the Invisible Hand. The Falcon is just whatever. I'd rather they stick to capital ships for this subline. It's disappointing they don't come with anniversary figures... or figures at all. Having a relevant figure to place on the stand would have really put these over the top. One other thing about the Invisible Hand, it doesn't look like it has a feature to rip it in half like was leaked so that's interesting. Not a huge deal to me personally but it would have been nice. I also don't see tiny representations of the ETA-2s in the hangar which was also supposed to be a feature, though looking at the scal of this ship, I don't see how that eould have been possible anyway. Interesting that the bridge of the ship is just a green 1x1 tile just clipped into place. I feel like that could have been done with a more secure connection.

They just added a new pic with the feature of it breaking.

6 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Interesting that the bridge of the ship is just a green 1x1 tile just clipped into place. I feel like that could have been done with a more secure connection.

That is odd, though I don't see a better way to do it, I didn't even know that connection was legal. 

These midi ships aren't for me, but I'm sure there are plenty of collectors and even non Lego fans who will buy these simply for the ability to have compact displays of renowned ships. Throwing a figure into each would have undoubtedly increased their sales numbers, but I think it's testament to Lego's confidence in the display market and their core product (i.e. Lego as a building product not a minifigure market) that there are no minifigures included. It's also refreshing for a minifigure collector like myself to not have to consider buying a small display model I don't want just to get a figure. A great little lineup for sure and so good to see some prequel representation in the line from the off.

Man, it's so nice to finally get another Separatist capital ship. I missed out on the malevolence back in the day, and while I would rather have gotten a playset size invisible hand, I'm just glad the ship finally exists in lego form.

I think the invisible hand looks the best of the three (falcon and tantive look off in some proportions).  Happy to see more from the theme though.  The Executor is one of my favorite things Lego Star Wars did last year.

edit: hopefully we get some good mods from someone like 2bricks on the falcon or tantive to get them looking a little more proportional.

Edited by Lordhelmet

Some of them even have micro “interiors” too. The Falcom seems to have the Sabacc table. I think the Tanitive iv has C-3PO, Leia and R2 built with studs.

25 minutes ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

A 10+ set is not aimed at adults anymore than an 8+ set. That’s what 18+ is for. 

I don't know if you are trolling or not anymore, I will therefore repeat : OR Teens.

Edited by Horation
small addition

Wow, the March 2024 wave is the gift that keeps on giving! That midi-scale Millenium Falcon is fantastic, EASILY the best looking Falcon LEGO's ever made in my opinion. The shaping is about as perfect as you can get, detail all around and it and all of the decorations look to be printed, which is phenomenal. The cherry on top for me is that (like the Executor) there's a hidden interior with stud-built characters and... a printed 1x1 Dejarik table!! That's INCREDIBLY unnecessary since you'll literally never see it under normal circumstances, but it really shows just how much care went into this one. Fantastic.

The Tantive IV... is good, but I do think it's the weakest of these. I think the engines look really good and it's great that this also has all prints, but I think the body shaping is pretty off (particularly those wedge plates up top, the shaping at that section is very complicated but I don't think this was a good representation), and the cockpit seems a bit too small and the cones are unprinted. Not bad and if you don't have a Tantive IV already this is fine, but as someone who owns the 2019 version I have little interest in this.

As for the Invisible Hand, I think it looks great! Definitely simpler than the other two, but that's just due to the design of the ship in-universe. It looks to add a great splash of color to this midi-scale line, and it's cool that it can split in half - curious if there are any interior details buried in there like the other two, none are shown but it seems possible. 

2 minutes ago, Lordhelmet said:

I think the invisible hand looks the best of the three (falcon and tantive look off in some proportions).  Hopefully we get some good mods from someone like 2bricks on the falcon or tantive to get them looking a little more proportional.

IMO the Invisible Hand seems rather short, which gives it a bit of a chibi look.

22 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

That is odd, though I don't see a better way to do it, I didn't even know that connection was legal. 

LEGO Star Wars designers: "I will make it legal!"

The Invisible Hand looks incredible and will make a fine addition to my collection desk. The Tantive IV also looks great though I'm not sold on the midi scale Falcon. 

39 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Connecting a tile to a clip has always been legal to my understanding, same as sandwiching a tile between studs. What‘s not legal is using a plate instead :laugh:

These three all look great! Nice to finally have a representation of the Invisible Hand :thumbup: 

32 minutes ago, Horation said:

I don't know if you are trolling or not anymore, I will therefore repeat : OR Teens.

This applies to every Lego set regardless of the age on the box. They can appeal to kids, teens, and adults. So again, you’re not making any sense here, none of the anniversary figs are releasing in “18+” sets. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

43 minutes ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

LEGO Star Wars designers: "I will make it legal!"

This wave leaking- "This is getting out of hand! Now there are two three of them!"

26 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Connecting a tile to a clip has always been legal to my understanding, same as sandwiching a tile between studs. What‘s not legal is using a plate instead :laugh:

Do you know any sets that use the former? I'm not doubting, I just hadn't seen it before.

24 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

These three all look great! Nice to finally have a representation of the Invisible Hand :thumbup: 

I get why we never got the capital ship, but I'm still surprised we've never had the duel. Maybe because of how Anakin ends it, but we've had the mustafar fight and vader's transformation- lego doesn't seem averse to the more violent moments of ROTS.

Not gonna lie the midi ships look great but in the lifestyle pictures they look TINY, especially the invisible hand. Either that or the actor they used has huge hands

9 minutes ago, Minishark2000 said:

Not gonna lie the midi ships look great but in the lifestyle pictures they look TINY, especially the invisible hand.

Exactly what i was thinking when i saw the pictures!

1 hour ago, Horation said:

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

This applies to every Lego set regardless of the age on the box. They can appeal to kids, teens, and adults. So again, you’re not making any sense here, none of the anniversary figs are releasing in “18+” sets. 

Jfc you two, either take it to DMs or just make out already. This forum is for discussing new sets and speculation, not for hashing out the same tired argument 12 times a month.

1 hour ago, TheUnusualBuilder said:

Jfc you two, either take it to DMs. This forum is for discussing new sets and speculation, not for hashing out the same tired argument 12 times a month.

What does jfc even mean? This forum is for discussing new sets, we are doing just that by discussing the figures, if it bothers you that much, you are free to discuss something (like the bunch of people who suddenly decided to talk about the mini ships in what I believe is a legitimate attempt to change topic).

4 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

Also, the backlash isn't as unanimous as you think it is, I (partly) counted 70 of the comments on Mandr's video, and the public was split, with many of the comments beingfavourable to the new fives or saying it had no issues”

I don’t know if you’re trolling or not, but you don’t need to count comments, people simply upvote the opinions they agree with, and the most popular comments on those videos are crapping all over the figure. 

[...]

Oh, so I'm the one that's trolling? But you are the one using reddit and youtube comment sections, areas RENOWNED for their calm and polite (youtube)* and not at all echo-chamber style (reddit) *comment sections as though they prove your point

*obviously sarcastic here

Again, I'm the one that's trolling but YOU are the one saying "every set can appeal to everyone, look at how smart I am", I mean, seriously, you're not trolling there? It was a display centric set, so OBVIOUSLY it was aimed at an older audience, don't be dense (or rather, don't pretend to be).

Edited by Horation
extras

14 minutes ago, Horation said:

Again, I'm the one that's trolling but YOU are the one saying "every set can appeal to everyone, look at how smart I am", I mean, seriously, you're not trolling there? It was a display centric set, so OBVIOUSLY it was aimed at an older audience, don't be dense (or rather, don't pretend to be).

You’re really gonna die on this hill that an 8+ set is only for children, but a 10+ set is for teens and adults. Are people after the age of 10 not getting 8+ sets?

The random caps lock and insults are incredibly childish and off-putting friend, I think we’re done here. 

Discussing newly leaked set photos in a forum designed for the discussion of said new sets? How quaint. For my two cents, I like the Falcon and Tantive and will probably get the Tantive, if only because it's the sort of ship that doesn't get done very often at any scale. Agree that the Invisible Hand looks tiny, although I think that's the only lifestyle with a human for scale, perhaps the other two will look similar when more photos become available.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think sets like these need minifigs; I'd say the same for all non system-scale sets. Sure I wouldn't knock them back if they were included - I would have loved a Boushh fig with the helmet but I was happy to buy the helmet sans fig - but I think the sets stand on their own two studs without needing figs to sweeten the deal. As @BacktoBricks mentioned: "Lego as a building product not a minifigure market". I get that a driving factor especially in licensed sets is collecting the characters from those franchises but for me it's the build experience first and foremost and a minifig in a set that it has no way of interacting with is a bonus, not a must.

The midi ships look great, especially the invisible hand, great to see separatists getting some limelight. However I don't have the budget to get everything, so I probably won't get them as I prioritise minifig scale stuff.

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I don't think sets like these need minifigs; I'd say the same for all non system-scale sets. 

I think you're right, as hypocritical as it might seem for me to say after saying I prioritise minifig scale stuff, Lego isn't just about minifigs and these ships don't need em.

2 hours ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

You’re really gonna die on this hill that an 8+ set is only for children, but a 10+ set is for teens and adults. Are people after the age of 10 not getting 8+ sets?

The random caps lock and insults are incredibly childish and off-putting friend, I think we’re done here. 

Not what I said, I said a DISPLAY SET aimed at an older audience should care more about details like figures than a more kid targeted set. And anyways, since when do you care about the age on the box, you literally said "sets can appeal to kids, teens and adults". 

Also, you forgot a comma after off-putting, "friend".

The invisible hand looks the best out of the three but midi scale ships aren’t my thing really. They look smaller than I imagined but I think that is because of the price of them. 

56 minutes ago, Horation said:

Not what I said, I said a DISPLAY SET aimed at an older audience should care more about details like figures than a more kid targeted set. And anyways, since when do you care about the age on the box, you literally said "sets can appeal to kids, teens and adults". 

Also, you forgot a comma after off-putting, "friend".

Any set can be a display set. “Build, play, and display” is a marketing tag under the specifications of nearly every Star Wars kid set on Lego D2C. 

I brought up age because both an 8+ set and a 10+ set are “kid-targeted” sets, by Lego’s own marketing admission. To suggest that the R2 is more deserving of a detailed figure than the Tantive hallway is pedantic and arbitrary, as only two years separate the recommended starting age of the sets, which, again, are both intended for the non-adult market first and foremost. Not to mention there’s already an adult-oriented R2 on the market. Not to mention that both figures have an equal amount of effort going into them, and the problem isn’t attention to detail, but rather execution of the print which has been an issue with their manufacturing since the 212th were butchered. 

Being a grammar nazi on an online forum is just silly. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy