Khargeust

What next vintage set could be recreated by TLG ?

The Orient Express is planned also for this year.

So why not having the metroliner in two or three years.

But I know the dream will not come true.

Technic Control. 1986.

(The 4.5V stuff with wires going to the controlling computer)

Maybe a 9V upgrade - or the equivalent of 1.2V x 6 = 7.2V when using LiPo or NiMH rechargeables) - wires are still the thing when running some sensitive equipment.

There is no BT or BLE or any other sort of wireless gadgets, when it comes to true technic control. Too much sniffing - and too many microwave ovens ...

Best,
Thorsten

I've been praying for a remake of Sphinx Secret Surprise. It's definitely on TLG's mind as it got a miniaturised recreation in 90 Years Of Play and a homage in Haunted House but The Adventurers have yet to receive any kind of proper remake like Classic Space, Castle and Pirates have.

Edited by Hell On Earth

On 7/10/2023 at 7:29 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Aquazone! Either a base or one of the big subs would be fantastic.

6175: Crystal Explorer Sub, 6195: Neptune Discovery Lab and 6190: Shark's Crystal Cave would be excellent subjects for tribute sets.

It has been a good long time since the classic sets of the 90s. A lot of cool parts exist that could help recreate the shapes and overall idea of the three sets I mentioned. 

Any sets from themes I list below would be great:

- Space Police

- Ice Planet

- Time Cruiser 

- Western 

- Aquazone

- Lego Island (based off video game)

- Rock Raider

Edited by Lion King
Typo

9 hours ago, iluvspacepolice said:

I hope its a islanders remake,those sets were great, or a western set would be cool.

Yep, i second that! :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yep, i second that! :thumbup:

And I double-seconded that! I love sets that set in time periods (Middle Age for Castle, Pirate Age for pirates, 19th century for Western, etc.). I don’t care if they are not accurate historically tho, I just want minifigure parts and some cool printed pieces!

In terms of GWPs, I'd say remakes of Pizza to Go, Guarded Inn, and Volcano Island would be super awesome, and I think those are fairly recognizable sets that'd be similar in size to the Forest Hideout, Majisto's Workshop, and Blacktron Cruiser sets.  In terms of sets, I'd like to see a remake of Gold City Junction (realistically I think any Western remakes aren't super likely since it wasn't included on that 90th anniversary survey, and if they did do anything Western, it probably would focus exclusively on the cowboys vs. bandits side of the theme), anything Castle is cool but I'd especially love to see remakes of Dragon Knights, Fright Knights, and Wolfpack, I'd love just about anything Pirates, especially more of the location based sets (I think Skull Island, Forbidden Island, Rock Island Refuge, and anything Islanders would be cool, though I doubt we get Islanders remakes).  I'd also love to see anything from Rock Raiders, Ice Planet 2002, or Life on Mars.

Probably my top wish would be Adventurers remakes, though.  I think a GWP of Sphinx's Secret Surprise, Treasure Tomb, the Expedition Balloon, Aero Nomand, and a remade set of Pharoah's Forbidden Ruins, or maybe even the Dragon Fortress would be amazing.

I don't think it'll be next, not with Lion Knight Castle still on the shelves, but I could see the iconic Wolfpack tower returning in some form in the near future.

Even though it could be done tastefully, I don't think we're ever gonna see Islander return. Lego just won't touch it.

Bionicle was the other big movement in the anniversary poll. Not to my taste, but I do think TLG will have taken notice of that particular wave of nostalgia and cash in sooner rather than later.

I'll predict a Western set as next. I actually have all three of Gold City Junction, Sheriff Lock-up & the mine/Bandit hide-out since the 90s, so I'll hope for Fort Legorado :pir-oh:

On 9/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, iluvspacepolice said:

I hope its a islanders remake,those sets were great, or a western set would be cool.

So do I. A new version of 6278 Enchanted Island would be cool!

I just hope the next LEGO set to get a remake is a Classic Town set, like Main Street (from 1980).

I could picture the buildings, minifigures and vehicles being updated to the new LEGO City design, while the new road plate system is used to great effect...

On 9/30/2023 at 3:33 AM, Justin said:

I just hope the next LEGO set to get a remake is a Classic Town set, like Main Street (from 1980).

I could picture the buildings, minifigures and vehicles being updated to the new LEGO City design, while the new road plate system is used to great effect...

But we have City, Creator 3-in-1 and Icons sub-theme, Modular Buildings Collection, so I don’t feel like TLG would do classic town.

Hwver, I prefer normal road baseplates rather than new plate ones. It wll be easy for Modular Buildings. 

How about an updated version of Paradisa's Dolphin Point Lighthouse...

On 10/1/2023 at 1:29 PM, Lion King said:

But we have City, Creator 3-in-1 and Icons sub-theme, Modular Buildings Collection, so I don’t feel like TLG would do classic town.

Hwver, I prefer normal road baseplates rather than new plate ones. It wll be easy for Modular Buildings. 

I think it can be possible. They should do what did with the Galaxy Explorer and the castle, and give Main Street a modern re-imagining...

Saying that City and Creator do the same thing is "quitter talk."

I think LEGO could do better than that for a "special edition" set based off the original Main Street...

2 hours ago, Justin said:

How about an updated version of Paradisa's Dolphin Point Lighthouse...

I think it can be possible. They should do what did with the Galaxy Explorer and the castle, and give Main Street a modern re-imagining...

Saying that City and Creator do the same thing is "quitter talk."

I think LEGO could do better than that for a "special edition" set based off the original Main Street...

If it looks like modern City design with new road plates, then that is just another City set.

40 minutes ago, MAB said:

If it looks like modern City design with new road plates, then that is just another City set.

Maybe if they modernize the Main Street set to LEGO City and keep many of the original 1980s LEGO Town colors for classic aesthetics, add a really tall crane to construct a blue ten-story skyscraper hotel (instead of the original two-story structure), maybe it could work...

They could even go as far as adding a few more buildings to make the updated Main Street set feel more like a fleshed-out urban downtown area, including an Octan gas station (an updated version of the 1980 Exxon gas station), as well as a small 1950s drive-in restaurant with carhops, a hardware store, a bank, plus a few more vehicles, including a 1950s convertible with shark fins modeled after a 1956 Ford Thunderbird, as well as a modern city bus...

9 hours ago, Justin said:

Maybe if they modernize the Main Street set to LEGO City and keep many of the original 1980s LEGO Town colors for classic aesthetics, add a really tall crane to construct a blue ten-story skyscraper hotel (instead of the original two-story structure), maybe it could work...

They could even go as far as adding a few more buildings to make the updated Main Street set feel more like a fleshed-out urban downtown area, including an Octan gas station (an updated version of the 1980 Exxon gas station), as well as a small 1950s drive-in restaurant with carhops, a hardware store, a bank, plus a few more vehicles, including a 1950s convertible with shark fins modeled after a 1956 Ford Thunderbird, as well as a modern city bus...

What would the point of it be? Nostalgic vintage themes like Castle, Classic Space and Pirates are still popular with active communities.  Whereas vintage Town is not really very popular. It has been overtaken by City for kids and Modulars for adults. Town (and Legoland before it) has never really gone away, it has just continually evolved. If they add more buildings not in the original set, it is either just a street of quite poor models done using very old design style or if using modern techniques and parts, a City set. 

On 10/28/2023 at 9:04 AM, MAB said:

What would the point of it be? Nostalgic vintage themes like Castle, Classic Space and Pirates are still popular with active communities.  Whereas vintage Town is not really very popular. It has been overtaken by City for kids and Modulars for adults. Town (and Legoland before it) has never really gone away, it has just continually evolved. If they add more buildings not in the original set, it is either just a street of quite poor models done using very old design style or if using modern techniques and parts, a City set. 

Exactly, and "Town" has been a constant within LEGO , unlike Castle, Space and Pirates after the 2000s , Town also has multiple themes dedicated to it, even now, there's Friends, City with more buildings then before, 3-in-1 has it's town-houses, and Classic will get a set named 11035: Creative Houses in 2024 etc, and yearly modular buildings are still continued for larger scale towns.

Edited by TeriXeri

If we have a tribute to old Town sets - I'd like something along the lines of 6552 Rocky River Treat - I really liked the early 90's Leisure subtheme

Also a big fan of Paradisa - I think 6416 Poolside Paradise would be the most iconic.

Adventurers is slightly more recent than Pirates and Castle but a long standing theme much loved by fans - I think 5988 Adventurers - The Temple of Anubis would be most popular/lucrative

I also liked the Western aspects of the Lego Movie sets so perhaps 6765 Western - Gold City Junction would be good a choice. 

On 11/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, lifeinplastic said:

I also liked the Western aspects of the Lego Movie sets so perhaps 6765 Western - Gold City Junction would be good a choice

IMO Fort Legoredo is head and shoulders above any competition in terms of how iconic it is - I'd go so far as to say that it's easily the most iconic classic set that still hasn't received any form of modernisation (with the possible exception of the yellow Castle if you want to argue that 10305 wasn't a representation of it). Gold City Junction is cool but not so immediately memorable.

On 9/30/2023 at 7:54 AM, SpacePolice89 said:

So do I. A new version of 6278 Enchanted Island would be cool!

That would be a dream! But also wouldn’t mind seeing King Kahuka's Throne Set 6262

6 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

IMO Fort Legoredo is head and shoulders above any competition in terms of how iconic it is - I'd go so far as to say that it's easily the most iconic classic set that still hasn't received any form of modernisation (with the possible exception of the yellow Castle if you want to argue that 10305 wasn't a representation of it). Gold City Junction is cool but not so immediately memorable.

I get that and would agree about the iconic status. Just think the Gold City Junction might allow for more interpretation as lots of fans try to create a Western town rather than a fort setting.