1 hour ago, Jurss said:

In blueprint it looks like there is something like battery box in the back.

The hub seems to be located in the middle between the doors (seen by the yellow sticker with "D"), and there is another motor next to it on the right which is not the steering motor. The rear has the drive motor(s). So maybe 4 L-motors in total?

IMG-20230601-071932.jpg

IMG-20230601-071954.jpg

IMG-20230601-072123.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

Like a set - it is boring. But if considering it as parts pack, then it becomes interesting indeed.

Edited by keymaker

So only 3 L-motors after all plus chunky C+ Hub. That 5x5 quarter curved panel/beam seems new too, right?
Can't wait to try to align those 7 large stickers on the curved hood pieces. :pir-cry_sad:
LEGO_42160_Box1_v39.jpgLEGO_42160_Box5_v39.jpg
LEGO_42160_WEB_SEC01_NOBG.jpgLEGO_42160_WEB_SEC02_NOBG.jpgLEGO_42160_WEB_SEC03_NOBG.jpgLEGO_42160_prodimg.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

I have a huge feeling that we might get a new wheel hubs without planetary gear reduction but supporting new "heavy-duty" CV-joints(this would be awesome!). I see a lot of panels, which you can get never get enough of, haha. New tires and rims, so as a piece set it looks marvelous. It's pretty weird though that they didn't "finish" the interior. It looks like there is a lot of space and some seats and a steering wheel would fit.

18 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

That 5x5 quarter curved panel/beam seems new too, right?

Where do you see that?

I see the new 6x6 quarter-circle "small banana gear" from the last AT-AT, in black, hidden in the sides.

The tyres are nice. For the rest, it seems a waste of parts.

16 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I see the new 6x6 quarter-circle "small banana gear" from the last AT-AT, in black, hidden in the sides.

The tyres are nice. For the rest, it seems a waste of parts.

You are right. It's that gear rack piece in black. Didn't see the teeth and thought it's a new part.

39 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

The spare wheels supposed to be there. It would have been nice to have 6 wheels.
Some new suspension arm parts would have been nice too, but we can't have everything...

5 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Those red thing next to front wheel is new hub.

Perhaps you possess additional information, but from the pictures it's not clear to me that the 'red thing' can't be just part 72008.

250x250p.jpg

I've got some highres

khSSt0IxJgc.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

5reGXq6vAAY.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

HlcKj942xmQ.jpg?size=2560x1440&quality=9

Not shure if that is that part, but it seems, that it is some additional part to hub, not integral part of it.

20 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Perhaps you possess additional information, but from the pictures it's not clear to me that the 'red thing' can't be just part 72008.

250x250p.jpg

dat part *oh2*

Anyhoo, I guess the new hub looks just like the current black hub but for the bigger CV joint.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDsIkyB1fx16BFjPk2jbD

Edited by Lipko

Interesting. Seems likely 4 L-motors? One in cab, two at back, and one for steering. Rear hubs the same as front (they look new to utilise the new cv-joints).

Edited by JonathanM

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

Interesting. Seems likely 5 L-motors? Two in cab, two at back, and one for steering. Rear hubs the same as front (they look new to utilise the new cv-joints).

Not a chance, on the cover of the box you can see there will be 3x L-motors

2 minutes ago, Krxlion said:

Not a chance, on the cover of the box you can see there will be 3x L-motors

Yeah, you’re right, just one at the back I guess. Will be interesting to see the performance.

1 minute ago, JonathanM said:

Yeah, you’re right, just one at the back I guess. Will be interesting to see the performance.

I think one will go for steering and the rest two will be driven main driveshaft (similar way as Zetros had).

My guess is that this will be the fastest Control+  set. They didn't tried to fully recreate the real Dakar car (no spare tires, interior). It does look like just a shell on a chasis (Same like the non-Lego RC cars).  

These tyres would perfectly fit for the mid scale construction trucks and technic!

I like this :) New tires are great (would be a perfect replacement for the Zetros), hopefully new hubs are even better, and I think the yellow diffs were made for this one, to make it as fast as possible while keeping it solid! Nice parts pack altogether, black is always good, and we have lots of interesting panels here. Also, the 3L motor setup is nice, easy to build with and finally we will have a C+ profile and somewhat cheaper parts pack for that simple setup.

Do you think the front/rear part of the drivetrain is coupled? I don't think so, as the hub would be in the way. But I guess that may even be realistic in this car.

The interior does seem unfinished, based on the images there would even be some space for it above the hub. I am guessing that the battery is accessed from the bottom.