No printed torso and cape for Majisto  when simultaneously they produced many new specified torsos to Collectable Minifigures for one use -  I don't  understand this :( The should at least use a  peasant torso from 10305 set and only change it colour to blue. And of course the must place female minifigure instead of soldier (for what?) but they didn't even give her a black helmet or shield.

14 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Just imagine all the uses a wizard could have for visors!

• When he needs to provide guidance to a monarch, he puts on his Ad-Visor.
  • When he needs to proofread the wording of an incantation, he puts on his Re-Visor.
  • When he needs to oversee goings-on in the kingdom, he puts on his Super-Visor.
  • When he needs to be in two places at once, he puts on his Di-Visor.
  • When he needs to distribute curative potions to the masses, he puts on his Pro-Visor.
  • When he needs to broadcast a message across the land, he puts on his Tele-Visor.

No wonder he needs so many!

Ah, where are the times a wizzard only needed a half-decent wand, and half the realm was under his spell!

1 hour ago, Tobiasz said:

And of course the must place female minifigure instead of soldier (for what?)

The female minifigure is the soldier, she's not there instead of a soldier.

The female soldier or knight isnt a problem, a headswap can solve this easily.

But dang, is this set lackluster from top to bottom. To each their own I guess. I was looking forward to it, and didn't buy any lion knights torsos and legs, saving for majisto. Oh wells...

What a wasted opportunity!

2 hours ago, Tobiasz said:

No printed torso and cape for Majisto  when simultaneously they produced many new specified torsos to Collectable Minifigures for one use -  I don't  understand this

Different themes/sets have different budget, CMF has a very big one, GWP a very small one.
CMF can go to the tailor and get a completely new suit, GWP must go to the second-hand store and buy a used one :wink:

7 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

Different themes/sets have different budget, CMF has a very big one, GWP a very small one.
CMF can go to the tailor and get a completely new suit, GWP must go to the second-hand store and buy a used one :wink:

That's a funny way of putting it. :pir-laugh: That's true, but they could use their budget more effectively, and they have in the past. They shared the budget among the troubadour, 40567, and 10305. I think they could make better sets if they'd cluster them together like that each time. They could have used the CMF series to create the plumes. They wouldn't even need the dragon helmet. Use the blue dragon plumes on the workshop and give the soldier the black conical helmet. Then they could use those plumes again in a black knights GWP and a new Black Knights Castle. They could even use the same shield in all of those sets.

If they keep doing a bunch of random one-offs, we're just going to end up with a bunch of lackluster sets. The Blacktron set was very well designed. But the sticker usage was pretty rough, especially on the textured wedge piece. Mine came off. :pirate-sad It would be better if they'd release several sets in the same theme within a year so they could create all of the parts they need to do them properly.

I also wonder if the GWP set will include at least the Majisto classic spell scroll? For me it is a most iconic part

Edited by Tobiasz
edit fonts

16 minutes ago, jodawill said:

If they keep doing a bunch of random one-offs, we're just going to end up with a bunch of lackluster sets. The Blacktron set was very well designed. But the sticker usage was pretty rough, especially on the textured wedge piece. Mine came off. :pirate-sad It would be better if they'd release several sets in the same theme within a year so they could create all of the parts they need to do them properly.

Makes me fear a bit about the space set that's supposed to come out in 2024. IIRC, rumour was that its supposed to be a Blacktron ship? If so, I wonder if LEGO is goingto use a sticker sheet again.

54 minutes ago, jodawill said:

That's true, but they could use their budget more effectively, and they have in the past. They shared the budget among the troubadour, 40567, and 10305. I think they could make better sets if they'd cluster them together like that each time. They could have used the CMF series to create the plumes. They wouldn't even need the dragon helmet. Use the blue dragon plumes on the workshop and give the soldier the black conical helmet. Then they could use those plumes again in a black knights GWP and a new Black Knights Castle. They could even use the same shield in all of those sets

The problem with the CMF is that we only get one normal series per year and I hardly think the CMF team will use all 12 spots for helping out sets. However if they made a dragon knight now instead of Basil and had released the Majisto GWP next year instead that could have worked very well. The timing is the main problem for Majiso, maybe in two years we have the moulds and a GWP could have a lot more of the classic details. Why Majisto now, why not a carriage instead. Add a horse, 2-3 minifigs from a fraction we got and make a carriage, could probably be half the GWP limit as well :shrug_oh_well:

1 hour ago, jodawill said:

They could have used the CMF series to create the plumes. They wouldn't even need the dragon helmet. Use the blue dragon plumes on the workshop and give the soldier the black conical helmet.

For what it's worth, the black conical helmet doesn't fit with these shoulder pads. That said, I suppose they could have opted for a different shoulder pad mold (or none at all, if they decided to base the entire figure on one of the lower ranking Dragon Knight footsoldiers instead of on the silver-shouldered knight from the original Majisto's Magical Workshop set).

5 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The problem with the CMF is that we only get one normal series per year and I hardly think the CMF team will use all 12 spots for helping out sets. However if they made a dragon knight now instead of Basil and had released the Majisto GWP next year instead that could have worked very well. The timing is the main problem for Majiso, maybe in two years we have the moulds and a GWP could have a lot more of the classic details. Why Majisto now, why not a carriage instead. Add a horse, 2-3 minifigs from a fraction we got and make a carriage, could probably be half the GWP limit as well :shrug_oh_well:

This year we've gotten two non-licensed series, and apparently next year is rumored to be the same (with one of them being entirely Space themed). But up until this year, you're right that one non-licensed series per year had been the norm for a while.

2 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Makes me fear a bit about the space set that's supposed to come out in 2024. IIRC, rumour was that its supposed to be a Blacktron ship? If so, I wonder if LEGO is goingto use a sticker sheet again.

A real set will have a way bigger budget than the GWP had. And all of the big Retro Sets so far had only prints, so I don´t see them changing that.

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

The problem with the CMF is that we only get one normal series per year and I hardly think the CMF team will use all 12 spots for helping out sets. 

There isn´t really a rule how many normal CMFs we will get. Last year we had two normal Series, this year it was one. Next year will be one normal Series, one other Lego Series and likely the third might be licensed again, but we don´t know anything about that one yet.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

This year we've gotten two non-licensed series, and apparently next year is rumored to be the same (with one of them being entirely Space themed). But up until this year, you're right that one non-licensed series per year had been the norm for a while.

We got Series 24 this year and then Disney and Marvel, so I only see one non-Licensed there.

1 hour ago, Aanchir said:

For what it's worth, the black conical helmet doesn't fit with these shoulder pads. That said, I suppose they could have opted for a different shoulder pad mold (or none at all, if they decided to base the entire figure on one of the lower ranking Dragon Knight footsoldiers instead of on the silver-shouldered knight from the original Majisto's Magical Workshop set).

I'm not a fan of the pauldrons at all personally. They look comically large in my opinion. It's not a huge issue, obviously, because you can just choose not to use them. I think it would have been better to go with the foot soldier without them. Honestly, the black tournament helmet wouldn't have been a bad choice either - pretty much anything in black would have been ok. It's not the end of the world since you can change it, but I think that minifigure looks really silly on the box. The helmet is also an odd choice. I would have been excited to get it in black again, but even that wouldn't have really fit the Dragon Masters aesthetics. It's strange that they didn't take advantage of the pieces that are already available to bring back a proper Dragon Masters minifigure. It wouldn't have affected the budget whatsoever.

1 hour ago, Black Falcon said:

We got Series 24 this year and then Disney and Marvel, so I only see one non-Licensed there.

Oh my bad, I misremembered and thought Series 23 was this year. :blush:

Made some quick minor changes to the design. I ignored any sort of structural integrity. Not to be taken too seriously, I just wanted to get some rough ideas out there.

- Increase the size of the door so a minifigure can fit
- Rounded the top of the door to make it look more like a wooden door
- Remove the railing above the door (to me it looked like a balcony which broke the scale of the set)
- Filled the empty space
- Twisted the axes to cover the black space
- Bigger shutters (to me it looked better from a scale perspective)

141131285_Screenshot2023-11-06at4_33_47PM.jpg.97b4f44db965501919a550e402493105.jpg

11 minutes ago, playgood said:

Made some quick minor changes to the design. I ignored any sort of structural integrity. Not to be taken too seriously, I just wanted to get some rough ideas out there.

- Increase the size of the door so a minifigure can fit
- Rounded the top of the door to make it look more like a wooden door
- Remove the railing above the door (to me it looked like a balcony which broke the scale of the set)
- Filled the empty space
- Twisted the axes to cover the black space
- Bigger shutters (to me it looked better from a scale perspective)

141131285_Screenshot2023-11-06at4_33_47PM.jpg.97b4f44db965501919a550e402493105.jpg

It's obviously just a rough sketch, but it already looks 10 times better than the actual set. The biggest problem with the building was the proportions. Removing that railing completely helps a lot.

3 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Oh my bad, I misremembered and thought Series 23 was this year. :blush:

But  202 has two non-licensees series and 2024 will have two non-licensees series. 

On 11/6/2023 at 5:00 PM, Alexandrina said:

The female minifigure is the soldier, she's not there instead of a soldier.

this diversity is ridiculous. I know it's a toy, but how many female knights were there in the Middle Ages?

6 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

this diversity is ridiculous. I know it's a toy, but how many female knights were there in the Middle Ages?

How many wizards were there in the Middle Ages? 

The weird minifigures remind me of Enlighten Shifty, a Chinese clone brand popular in Poland in the early 2000s. They used to copy 90s LEGO sets, often changing the contents - and altering the stolen original boxart accordingly - whenever they couldn't reproduce a particular element, mostly minifig accessories. In their copy of set 6027 Bat Lord's Catapult, for example, they replaced the Dragon Masters helmet on the Fright Knight with a random shako:

https://black_king.bricker.asia/images/osets/ENLIGHTEN_9824.jpg

EDIT: Why aren't my links working? I try the Link option, but it can't seem to create a clickable link for me.

Edited by Corydoras

11 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

Hacing men and women being equally represented isn't ridiculous. It's a toy; Lego themselves are on record, rightly, saying that their priority isn't "realism" but rather allowing all kids to see themselves in their toys. The 'realism' chestnut was bad enough for things like the Eldorado Fortress. It makes no sense when discussing a set that is literally a wizard's magic workshop. Wizards and magic workshops were significantly less common than female knights in the Middle Ages.

21 minutes ago, wanderer1980 said:

I mean at least one, Joan of Arc. I'm sure there are more anyway. Which is more than we can say of actual real life magic users.

I mean its just the head, you could swap her head with Majesto's and have him be a witch if it upsets you.

38 minutes ago, FabioFubini said:

How many wizards were there in the Middle Ages? 

XD

The Monty Python bit from the Holy Grail with the guy talking about what kind of government they have is coming to mind.