The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy just joined my Midi-Scale ship collection! Here comes the Millennium Falcon from Episode IV – A New Hope.

Made of 2,178 pieces, measuring only 34cm and weighting almost 1kg, this compact yet dense Falcon was another unique challenge at this scale. After seeing some great-looking Figscale MOCs of this tricky ship, I couldn't resist making a Midi version.

With this design, I took a different approach than most other Falcons out there, and wanted it to look as sleek and gapless as possible. This resulted in a pretty elaborate and unique mix of paneling techniques that involved a lot of SNOT building.

One of my priorities was to faithfully reproduce the curved saucer shape on both sides of the ship, and not only on top. As a result, the build features all the details and shapes of the original 1977 studio model, from top to bottom. 

The overall thickness of the ship was another concern. I wanted it to be as thin as the original, while being able to sandwich some tasty greebles and even the hyperdrive engine bay inside the saucer.

The Falcon has two display modes, "in-flight" with its canted stand, and "landed" with easy-to-install landing gear. It also includes a working ramp.

► Instructions for the Millennium Falcon are available at BrickVault.

More pictures on my Flickr page.

52708746218_a815094c99_z.jpg

52708261041_153f27a303_z.jpg

52708516859_f0a2032e8b_z.jpg

52708516629_35d68de480_z.jpg

52707739277_d51a6da2d7_z.jpg

52707738992_1aba1e3198_z.jpg

52708260936_879daabda3_z.jpg

Edited by FlyInSpace
Added pic of the boarding ramp

1 hour ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

Wow, this looks so slick! Could easily be mistaken for a model itself.

Thanks a lot! Achieving the ILM prop look is my number 1 priority :)

I said as much on your Flickr, but this might be my favorite rendition of the Falcon in Lego in any scale. I would really, really love to see an Outrider done as a companion model.

1 hour ago, theDeanoRama said:

2178 pieces crammed into a midi scale falcon! This is the UCS of Midi scales. Excellent work.

And it's pretty damn heavy! Thanks a lot :)

Yes this one is great! I really like your other models aswell!

Edited by stifos

20 hours ago, danielwerner said:

This is beautiful! How sturdy is it though? Will it fall apart when touching and/or building it? :)

Thanks a lot Daniel! The Falcon can be safely grabbed by the two "corridors" that split the saucer in half on each side, as they're part of the very strong core structure underneath. It can be moved around easily that way and even rotated 45-60 degrees.

The rest of the structure that supports most of the saucer is quite compact and intricate so I wouldn't advise grabbing the ship from anywhere else, and it wouldn't be a confortable grip anyway.

Check out the Brickvault video, Jack talks about the overall sturdiness and handling of the ship: 

Edited by FlyInSpace

Easily the best Falcon Ive ever seen at that scale. Insane building techniques. Impeccable

Golly... whistles. SHe is beauty at this scale! So smooth and sexy. Really evident you took heaps of time to nail the gapless hull. Plus a working ramp and landing gear attachment? Just too incredible at this scale!

14 hours ago, Sucram said:

Easily the best Falcon Ive ever seen at that scale. Insane building techniques. Impeccable

Thanks so much!

3 hours ago, Falcrum said:

This is the best LEGO MOC I've seen in my life, period. 

Wow that means a lot! Thank you so much.

This is awesome! I love the sleekness, but I especially love how accurate the overall proportions are. That's quite the feat at that scale! Genius parts usage as well. 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:00 PM, Chrome Vader said:

This is awesome! I love the sleekness, but I especially love how accurate the overall proportions are. That's quite the feat at that scale! Genius parts usage as well. 

Thank you! Funny thing is, no fancy, weird or rare parts were used at all, at the very exception of those two big containers for the sides. Hopefully they get cheaper and more common with time.

Edited by FlyInSpace

On 3/8/2023 at 4:54 PM, McMurder_them_softly said:

I am in disbelief at the number of pieces in that build. Looks wonderfully complex and resembles the ship fantastically well. 

Thank you so much!

Edited by FlyInSpace