BrickJagger

Lego Icons 10332 Medieval Town Square Discussion Thread

I like it. Couldn’t have been better? Sure. Is there enough in there for me to be excited for it? Definitely. 

Hi fellows!

My first post here, so welcome :)

I like the set - i think it looks much better then on the photos from the year ago. Too bad there is not that much animals or minis but its ok.

Am I mistaken or there is new mold for Doors? (The lightbrown roof building on the right of carpenter)

And on 1 photo U see that's U can actually close the bigger building with tower, which is nice.

Nie i need to re-assemble the castle 😅

Love the yellow castle and joust painting.  Disappointed about the lack of double axe torso.

The building techniques are lame, I wanted new half timber styles.  Fan designs are miles ahead of this.  Still, this should lead to some absolutely excellent MOCs on Rebrickable.  I'll likely get a couple copies on day 1, sell the minifigures to recoup most of the cost and rebuy them once they hit PAB.

13 minutes ago, Pieta said:

Hi fellows!

My first post here, so welcome :)

I like the set - i think it looks much better then on the photos from the year ago. Too bad there is not that much animals or minis but its ok.

Am I mistaken or there is new mold for Doors? (The lightbrown roof building on the right of carpenter)

And on 1 photo U see that's U can actually close the bigger building with tower, which is nice.

Nie i need to re-assemble the castle 😅

I was wondering about that door also. I don't think there's a clear photo of it. I don't recognize it. I'm very much looking forward to the New Elementary review. I'm more interested in new parts than I am in the actual build. There may be some great new parts here we haven't seen yet.

Its much better looking at it with clearer images. But I can definitely wait to get it. Definitely going to PAB the Wolfpack and purple torsos

21 minutes ago, Pieta said:

...Am I mistaken or there is new mold for Doors? (The lightbrown roof building on the right of carpenter)...

Looks like a brick-built door to me. Notice the circular 2x2 elements on the back?

I'm not sure which one Pieta is referring to. The green door is brick built, and it looks great to me. But the photo of the boy at the stove has a door on a standard frame and I don't recognize the part. It looks like it could be a new mold, but I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, jodawill said:

I was wondering about that door also. I don't think there's a clear photo of it. I don't recognize it. I'm very much looking forward to the New Elementary review. I'm more interested in new parts than I am in the actual build. There may be some great new parts here we haven't seen yet.

I think You can see it from the above in the 4th photo of brick_clicker post on IG - frame is for molded doors and also they are very thin

2 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

Looks like a brick-built door to me. Notice the circular 2x2 elements on the back?

Hmmm no - but are we talking about the same Doors?

1 minute ago, jodawill said:

I'm not sure which one Pieta is referring to. The green door is brick built, and it looks great to me. But the photo of the boy at the stove has a door on a standard frame and I don't recognize the part. It looks like it could be a new mold, but I could be wrong.

The second one You are mentioning 😃 Green ones are brickbuild 100%>

5 minutes ago, jodawill said:

Yeah, I think they're referring to what looks to be a reddish brown door that can accommodate the following part: https://brickset.com/parts/design-38320

is there a better photo out there than this one?

Edited by Clone OPatra
Removed leaked image

I'm in love! Proper peasant cowl for medieval women, and plenty of great looking torsos. And is that a grey goat?

Day One buy for me. Cannot wait.

It looks like the buildings will fold together, which is better than nothing, but I would have preferred a standard build. If it's an issue of "keeping the piece count down" I would gladly do away with things like the tree, the chairbler and even the stupid smoke plumes. I'm also in the vast minority of someone who would take less Minifigures in favor of more of a real build.

2 hours ago, zinnn said:

is there a better photo out there than this one?

The legoleak subreddit has some great pics.

Edited by Clone OPatra
Removed leaked image

Major disappointment for me personally.

I have to see the set in person first but it’s not quite the same level like the modulars though the price is just as high. Really shocking how downscaled the buildings on the left are now compared to last years leak. Did Lego want initially 300$€ in the survey or what? In such a case the market would have been an extremely bad deal next to LKC!

The unprinted shields in the workshop are a shame, the web frame in the smaller hut is a great detail.

The lack of any farm animals however is the biggest blow. Without them all playability/value is lost. The villagers have just one meager goat to survive a harsh winter but still have to pay taxes! A peasant uprising is inevitable…

Left building is underwhelming. 

Try to get in BDP but I can't get in. The server doesn't hold 

Well honstly after I´ve read the posts here I expected worse. But yeah the set kinda has the same issue like Majisto had now, that we saw the prelims and had expectations based on them. And less Minifigures and less Animals + less trees is a huge disappointment. Well I said before that less than 10 Minifigures would be a huge disappointment, so that is that. 

Another thing that strikes me is that they even removed the cow from the prelim, which should have been included since the Market village had two.

The colour sheme also still doesn´t look good to me, so honestly I might just get some minifigures from Pick a brick later and skip the set. I will wait for the release and more and especially better pictures to really judge the set though. 

1 minute ago, iragm said:

If this is what you're referring to, it was on PAB a few months ago in white.  It's there in red now.  https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=74528&name=Minifigure, Headgear Hood Basic Smooth&category=[Minifigure, Headgear]#T=P

Oh I didn't realise it existed in white. Looking at BL, it was in a big superhero set some years back that I didn't know about.

I'm fairly sure the torso is new, though, and I want it bad! I'll have to adjust the shooting schedule of my brickfilm so I can get my hands on these new figs

12 minutes ago, DonQuixote said:

Left building is underwhelming. 

Try to get in BDP but I can't get in. The server doesn't hold 

Do lego.com/en-be/cart?product= (put number here) Castle is set number= 910029  Snack Shack is set number= 910030  Parisian Street is set number= 910032 and Train Engine Shed is set number= 910033

Looks off to me, almost as if it's a MOC. I remember seeing a set from a LEGO competitor a few weeks ago that I swore was the Medieval market based on how legit it looked, and somehow the actual set looks significantly worse.

2 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

My rough estimate would be another 50 €.

Which I gladly would have paid, but apparently not enough of those taking the survey feel the same:cry_sad:

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Looks off to me, almost as if it's a MOC. I remember seeing a set from a LEGO competitor a few weeks ago that I swore was the Medieval market based on how legit it looked, and somehow the actual set looks significantly worse.

For me the problem is the other way round! There's a truckload of fantastic medieval mocs out there and the set should look more like a moc! Now it looks like a very basic and very simple set.

Somehow Lego sets like Eldorado Fortress and now the Medieval Town Square fail to impress me because i have seen so many good mocs.

Today was decision day.I took the day off especially for this day.

It would be the medieval market for 230€ or Mountain Fortress for 340€.Not both. 

Medieval market is a dissapointment for me. So Mountain Fortress it has become! Will buy just the new torsos and shield on Pick a Brick. 

7 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

For me the problem is the other way round! There's a truckload of fantastic medieval mocs out there and the set should look more like a moc! Now it looks like a very basic and very simple set.

Somehow Lego sets like Eldorado Fortress and now the Medieval Town Square fail to impress me because i have seen so many good mocs.

Totally agree. Eldorado Fortress was also a dissapointment. Amateur designers at Rebrickable and Bricklink have become so good. 

23 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Do lego.com/en-be/cart?product= (put number here) Castle is set number= 910029  Snack Shack is set number= 910030  Parisian Street is set number= 910032 and Train Engine Shed is set number= 910033

Thank you bro! :pir-thumb:

Edited by DonQuixote