It looks like there is a lever of some sort, right behind the front wheels. The picture looks like it might control the spin of the propellers.

And they put the Bug Fire Dept stickers on the wrong sides. The 12 tooth gear probably controls the landing gear.

57 minutes ago, efferman said:

Finally they made Corner Panels

yes; that is something that i needed years ago...and i miss pontoons on wings (usually firefighting planes are hydroplanes and then need pontoons for stabilisation)

2 hours ago, efferman said:

Finally they made Corner Panels

Same corner panel is used in trans-clear for the Headlights in the Ford GT

All around, this is somehow way to simple... scale may be right, but seems to long. Could be a nice parts pack for yellow+red, but nothing really nice to the eye, bit of a let-down for me.

Edited by Jundis

1 minute ago, Seasider said:

Corner pieces ! 3x3x2 ?

More like 3x5x2. One side fits the 2x3 quarter panel group and one fits the 2x5 panel group.

23 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Could be a nice parts pack for orange+red, but nothing really nice to the eye, bit of a let-down for me.

and i thought (hoped) it is yellow and read; it's obviously time for new glasses :grin:

13 minutes ago, 1gor said:

and i thought (hoped) it is yellow and read; it's obviously time for new glasses :grin:

Oh god, too early ... coffee wasn't half done when I wrote this :D

41 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Oh god, too early ... coffee wasn't half done when I wrote this :D

My half of coffee will be enjoyed now as ice-coffee since i had to move 2 (heavy) working desks on place for future workshop ...

I think I see a new size alternating hole beam on each side in red.

It can't be 7L because if it was, you would see it from the top, but the top is all yellow so I think its less than 7L long and would be under the yellow 62531 2x3x11 curved panels.

I can also see that it Is more than 3L so it (probably) isn't just an existing part.

Thoughts?

Edited by SNIPE

It has an elevator! I don't think there's ever been a Technic plane before with moving elevator or am I wrong?

49 minutes ago, howitzer said:

It has an elevator! I don't think there's ever been a Technic plane before with moving elevator or am I wrong?

In my opinion 8855 has a better one, where the control stick in the cockpit pushes and pulls tie rods via ball joints.

Edited by Interceptor

14 minutes ago, Interceptor said:

In my opinion 8855 has a better one, where the control stick in the cockpit pushes and pulls tie rods via ball joints.

Oh man, I didn't know it had an elevator. But yeah, that's definitely a better one even if it was more than 30 years ago.

So to summarize,  1134 pieces, EUR 99,99

Features seems to be:

• loading the water using hatch on top
  • unloading the water with the rhs lever
  • working propellers using a lever of some sort, right behind the front wheels
  • landing gear reasing/lowering with knob on lhs
  • working elevator controlled with knob on rhs

The airplane seems to be inspired on Canadair fire fighting planes, I like the basic colors! A flight control linkage would have been nice, but I understand they didn't want to copy the 42040.

I think I'm going to order the missing pieces when available and build it... not enough new pieces in this set to buy it completly new...

Edited by GerritvdG

Honestly, what is that? :

kJcLnau.jpg

Cant they put a minimum effort into building their own sets correctly for official (!) promo pictures? 

Edited by Frequenzberater

4 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Oh man, I didn't know it had an elevator. But yeah, that's definitely a better one even if it was more than 30 years ago.

Ye, this shows how old I am. :classic: At least they put the elevator function in this new airplane and it is nice from TLG. Happy New Year!

It seems a bit bland. But it's a nice starter set, and a nice parts pack for good amounts of large yellow panels. Also the appearance is a bit too square for my taste. It almost doesn't look like a 2023 set. Also, functions except the landing gear seem really simple. I say that if a flight control surface isn't operated by some kind of lever, it doesn't count as a function.

46 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

It almost doesn't look like a 2023 set.

True, more a 2012 set (and that's not necessarily bad):

LEGO Set 9396-1 Helicopter (Model - A-Model)

Edited by GerritvdG

There is nothing Technic to me about a whole bunch of panels lined up like this. To me it looks like a duplo set :thumbdown: 

6 hours ago, 1gor said:

yes; that is something that i needed years ago...and i miss pontoons on wings (usually firefighting planes are hydroplanes and then need pontoons for stabilisation)

I think this is inspired by the Dash-8 which doesn't have winglets nor pontoons [ https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=dash+8+firefighter&atb=v344-1&iax=images&ia=images ]