the Inventor

[MOC] The grand market square of Rindael

The busy markets of the capital of Faldia, Rindael, are visited by many different people from Hellum and the northern islands to Felisia in the south, even as far as Sinar and Kadan in the east (see map at the bottom of the post).

Because the grand market is such a busy place, it also attracts a lot of unwanted visitors.

One such man is Waldor, the master thief. The Lady in white just alarmed the Royal Falcon guard of the robbery, he stole her golden ring.

--

Can You help the guards to find Waldor.

Apparently a multitude of Golden objects can be found, held by a person:
- A golden ring.
- Golden coins.
- A golden trumpet.
- A golden key.
- A golden harp.

--

If you follow my MOCs and figbarfs of the Whispering Woods, you may find a lot of familiar faces in the crowd, try to spot them all.

If you're not yet familiar with my other MOCs, please take a look at the album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_inventor/albums/72157719446009410

52588515232_1d3a3ae638_b.jpg

The grand market square of Rindael by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

On Friday, farmers and craftsman come from the country to the city of Rindael to sell their vegetables and fruit to the townsfolk and each other, it's also possible to trade livestock, such as cows.

One such pair is currently in negotiation about a couple of cows.

52600350285_0786f6b295_b.jpg

Friday market in Rindael by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

For the Whispering Woods characters, see also: [MOC] Fantasy figs of the Whispering Woods - LEGO Historic Themes - Eurobricks Forums

Map of the Whispering Woods:

52294457210_e62f28eac4_z.jpg

Map of the Whispering Woods by Ids de Jong, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

Wonderful scene here.  Nice color choices.  The use of tiles and plates makes for a nicely textured ground.  The additions of all the animals and birds makes for a lively scene.  All the different figs really brings the marketplace to life.  

That's a beautiful scene :wub: It really comes to life with all the minifigs and animals. The buildings are superb!

Unfortunately i could locate only 4 of the golden objects :laugh: Have to further investigate this picture puzzle.

Beautiful diorama! :pir-love: The main gate, the city walls, the buildings, the many details and the residents are all very detailed and well done.

It was a lot of fun to look for the objects. I'm not sure but I may have found all the items. On the right side, left of the cow, behind the guy with the long weird legs. Does Waldor wear a brown cap and cloak? He carries something golden in his right hand, but it is not clearly visible. I could help the guard. But I'm sure Waldor found the ring, so I won't tell the guard. :pir-grin: I play the character of a pirate on Eurobricks Brethren of the Brick Seas, so I won't betray Waldor. :pir-triumph:

i would love to see a photo of this in a real setting to see it as a person who might happen upon it at a show or somthing.

14 hours ago, Tycho McKorley said:

Very nice build.  I would also say that the way you did the photography and composition adds a lot to it.  

Yes indeed, now I am wondering, is it a photoshopped sky or did you take the pic outside?

Smart ground stone, and with that sky too. Will that become a grander castle for the public? Or will you keep it privately segmented?

I imagine you could have a right circular domain with those builings on the inside. Marvellous.

Thank you all.

@natesroom I would have to fill in some gaps you don't see on a photo though.

@GeoBrick Thanks, but I don't think I will continue with the build, I don't have any place for such a town, although I would love to continue it.

@Dutch Thriceman I did take a photo outside, of the sky that is but it's photoshopped behind the build. :pir-tongue:

I finally uploaded the movie version, so have a look: