oo7

大名 お茶屋

Nice work. This is a very clean, elegant design. While some MOCs seem to be studless simply for the sake of being studless, this is a build that actually benefits from such techniques. It truly is an excellent MOC.

Simply Brilliant! I was looking for stylistic elements to include in my next building, and I think I just found them. Thanks for building and sharing this beautiful MOC.

Is this based on a particular house, either in existance, or from history?

Sweet. It is a good representation of Feudal Japanese architecture. I also like the water effects and the cherry blossoms are a good touch.

A sublime creation! :wub: The colour of the water where it's hit by the waterfall is masterfully rendered.

I really hope you preserve this creation and never disassemble it.

Thanks. I think you'll be satisfied to learn that this will be one out of the very few select creations that I will save intact out of all that I've ever made. :classic:

Very tastefully done mate! This is probably the best Japanese-themed MOC I have yet seen. You should be proud of this. I can almost feel the tranquility just looking at this. The choice of minifig head and torso is phenomenal, it really adds an authentic feel to the MOC. :thumbup:

Can I ask, is this supposed to be set in the modern-day or in the past? If it's the latter, can you give us a rough period? I have never been to Japan but I assume they still have teahouses like this in the modern-day.

If you wanted some feedback, it looks a bit strange :wacko: with the water underneath the structure, but that's gravely unfair of me saying that about a sublime creation so you can ignore it if you want! :tongue:

Wow, thanks a bunch! To let you know, I typically post a MOC in the forums with some historical content to complement it. However, for this one I choose to use a haiku instead and therefore put up the traditional background in my flickr tags. Anyway, this little scene is intended to be set in early Edo period Kyoto (largest island of Honshū) under the reign of the Tokugawa Shogunate. In short, it's Japan 1603 - 1694.

Very, very nice! You continue to improve! I love the water and many of the construction details in the building...

Great work and God Bless,

Nathan

Thanks very much, Nathan! I agree that this is one of my better yields although it hasn't received as much notice on flickr as my previous American Southwest themed one did. As of recently, however, I now hope to see it blogged on the Brother's Brick sometime soon. :classic:

:tongue: I second that! A lovely creation, oo7! :laugh:

I don't know if this is meant to be medieval or not, I believe this still happens. :wink: If I am right, is this one of those buildings where you have to get in through a tiny window thingy?

Hmm. I like to imagine that one would enter the teahouse through a full size shōji sliding door. I can also confirm that this is indeed set in Japan's feudal period. :wink:

Nice work. This is a very clean, elegant design. While some MOCs seem to be studless simply for the sake of being studless, this is a build that actually benefits from such techniques. It truly is an excellent MOC.

Thank you! I hope that the places where I did use studs, namely the roof, also served as an aptly fitting addition.

Simply Brilliant! I was looking for stylistic elements to include in my next building, and I think I just found them. Thanks for building and sharing this beautiful MOC.

Is this based on a particular house, either in existance, or from history?

Thanks! It certainly is designed to be historical but is not based on any particular model, but rather a culmination of several I have examined. I suggest searching for the keyword "Chashitsu" through Google or another search engine of preference for some examples. :wink:

It's awesome to hear that you've taken such inspiration from this. May I ask what sort or style of building you're planning to produce?

Sweet. It is a good representation of Feudal Japanese architecture. I also like the water effects and the cherry blossoms are a good touch.

Many thanks! I'm very glad to see you've noted the particular architectural style. :classic:

Hmm. I like to imagine that one would enter the teahouse through a full size shōji sliding door. I can also confirm that this is indeed set in Japan's feudal period. :wink:

Oh, I'm obviously thinking of something else then... Not sure what... :wacko::tongue:

:skull:

Hello again everyone! I made this a little while ago, probably should have posted it sooner, and remain unsure whether I should create a new topic, so I figured I'd just post it here before this topic got buried any further. This was a potential addition to my original diorama, something I built along with the initial work but didn't make the final cut for inclusion.

2725507941_d944f6db31_b.jpg

It's a zen rock garden, bonsai tree, torii gate, and naginata samurai. There's also a nice stepping stone path and raked sand effect too, but it's difficult to see from this silly angle at which I took the photograph.....

Thank you.

That is all.

Nice, though I agree that the pic is from a bad angle :) I would have liked to see the raked sand, though I can see how you did it and imagine a result. What I like best about the piece is the tori gate, wich seems to slant in the right places. Nice solution just to move the, eh, legs(?) just slightly apart.

Very inspiring stuff.

I'm not a big building builder... but ancient Japan is something that just has a nice, simple look to it, which your moc has captured. Makes one want to go and do a giant, wrap-around house, complete with rock garden outside.

Very nice job.

A wonderful addition to your already marvelous creation. Especially your brilliant raked sand

effect´s something I´ll have to keep in mind for sure! The angling of the torii´s very clever too! :thumbup:

Isn't the tree a bit big to be a bonsai? Either way, it looks a little odd to me, but that torii gate is very nice. Great job with those angles. That figure is also really cool looking.

Isn't the tree a bit big to be a bonsai?

Not really. Bonsai means 'landscape in a pot' and´s a pretty special gardening philosophy that means (beside other and more

complex things) to cultivate plants in a pot, in a planned shape and smaller than they would usually grow on their own, with

different techniques like crown and root pruning par example...

So, especially in an outdoor zen garden, a tree that could perhaps grow 8 meters tall but´s kept at 2 meters is bonsai.

The very small ones you´re referring to´re called mame bonsai.

Although, now if I think about it... Nature´s represented by the tree, the physical agents (water) by gravel... I miss the pot a little.

It represents the human element in that triangle. :tongue:

Thanks again everyone, and you're probably right about the small size that defines "bonsai".

And uh, today I have another update -

2952552160_38cf263cd7.jpg

flickr link.

excellent, this little bridge is so nice!! 14/10 ! :thumbup:

excellent, this little bridge is so nice!! 14/10 ! :thumbup:

That's and odd way to say a rating out of 10 over 10. :tongue:

Anyway looks great. The bridge really is a nice touch.

Thanks very much, guys. Here's another shot of the bridge I just uploaded -

2952734876_26eff362b8.jpg

hat's and odd way to say a rating out of 10 over 10. default_tong.gif

I rated the old version 11/10 ( in my minds^^) , now that he made it even better, I had to increase it rating!

this little bridge is really nice ^^

Edited by Guss

Well, this is even better now with the newest updates you made :thumbup: .

I think this is frontpage stuff...did you index it? (with the newest update I mean)

Edited by zorro3999

This is amazing. I like the bridge and the scenery. What is the hole in the door in the floor for? I like the roof as well how you have just used slanted plates instead of roof tiles.

The original MOC: lovely. Simply lovely. One error though: on the inside, the katana is the wrong way around. The tsuka (handle) should point to migi (right), so that it can be brought to bear in an instant.

The second MOC: great stuff. Except that he blatantly isn't a Samurai; he isn't wearing niten (two swords)

The original tea house: Wow, wow, I, I love it! Well done!! It's very tranquil and peaceful, it looks great, the SNOT really makes it look great!

The add on to the Tea House: Honestly, it was a great idea, but I like the first one better. It seems more cluttered and if you are trying to do the souls drigiting down the river, it seems a little to busy. However I really do have to give you kudos on how it looks, especially the bridge, a good bridge is hard to make, and you nailed it.

Thanks so much for sharing that martial arts knowledge of yours, Captain Tau. Intrigued by you tip about the katana rack, I went on to run a few google searches on the topic only to find a good number of conflicting statements! Even I myself wonder whether that technicality is dictated by one's manual dexterity, for a left handed daimyo lord it might be easier to draw as is. :tongue:

Thanks again to all else, it was also interesting to hear your conflicting opinion, Mr. Kenobi, I can see where you're coming from but yet feel that that the increased clutter constitutes further realism, which I don't feel is a terrible thing here. :wink:

007, nice job on your red bridge design. It looks oriential with an asian touch. At one point, the circular red ball reminds me of those dragon heads from chinese sculpture. Thanks for showing us your new update. It's enjoyable to view this great mocs of yours. :wink:

非常好的茶館,使您使用

LegoMilk, I never knew you can type chinese characters. :tongue: