大名 お茶屋

indexed.gif

2628990922_8e61eb247b.jpg

The lotus pond,

as they are, unplucked,

for the Festival of Spirits

~Matsuo Bashō

2628216771_fa01f52f77.jpg

This diorama is dedicated to Mr. Asuka, one who has passionately critiqued pretty much every single creation of mine that I've posted here. :tongue:

Oh, such beauty! :wub:

Of course, I'm an admirer of the Japanese culture, but despite that, this creation has such delicateness, such grace... I think you've captured the essence of a tea house perfectly! The waterfall is astounding, the cherry tree, the interior...

I don't believe there is a single thing that I would change in that. Beautiful!

wow, its so pure and wonderful! :wub: the waterfall is just so beautiful, and the plants, especially the bamboo are great! awesome interior, its all wonderful! :wub::wub:

Edited by JimButcher

ooh! pretty! is that a gold idol i see to honour spirits?

jifel

Oh, such beauty! :wub:

Of course, I'm an admirer of the Japanese culture, but despite that, this creation has such delicateness, such grace... I think you've captured the essence of a tea house perfectly! The waterfall is astounding, the cherry tree, the interior...

I don't believe there is a single thing that I would change in that. Beautiful!

Ah, many thanks for the great compliments! I'm so glad you've taken such enthusiasm.

wow, its so pure and wonderful! :wub: the waterfall is just so beautiful, and the plants, especially the bamboo are great! awesome interior, its all wonderful! :wub::wub:

Thank you! :sweet:

Wow, a really beautiful and relaxing composition... :sweet:

That's exactly the complexion I was going for, thanks so much!

ooh! pretty! is that a gold idol i see to honour spirits?

jifel

Thanks! It's actually intended to be a decrative stature of Siddhārtha Gautama incorporated into the traditional garden landscaping by Zen Buddhists simply to convey the feelings of tranquility that reflect ones' proper mental discipline and emotional control characteristic of Nirvana. :wink:

oo7, this is an excellent oriential MOC from ancient Japan. :thumbup:

When, I saw this unique title, I got a feeling it will be something great. From what I understand from the chinese characters, I thought it is a "Famous Teahouse". In fact, it was a place, for a skilled warrior, commonly also known as samurai to live in there. Training their inner-peace within their mind and soul, understanding the way of life, is their code.

I love this MOCs of yours, very much. On the outer look, the tree by the side of the river is illustrating a Sakura season, just by using the pink petal and attached on it is very smart! I like the miniature water fall, where you distort the water layer, by creating different blends, to show the ripples.

The building color is very pleasant looking. I find that you made good use of white tiles to create an oriential window, since most windows at that time, used only paper to cover it. The resident, shown in the house is depicting a simple life he is leading, by giving up his katana aside, and lead a simple life. :sweet:

I always enjoyed viewing oriential MOCs, and this is no exception! :wub:

Edited by WhiteFang

007: This is really an outstanding and unique MOC. It really has a style and grace to it that I don't believe I've seen in other Lego creations before. The style is very different as it does not look like it's made of Lego. The MOC has a mood of simplicity and tranquility (mainly because of the building and water). I love how you created the waterfall and the patterns in the water - an excellent touch. The building/house of the Samurai is what I really like the best though. I love the unique roof design, another unique attribute. The interior is simple yet very nicely detailed. Is the door removable? I love the colors and the jedi fig/torso is perfect.

Overall, this is an outstanding MOC. You've outdone yourself on this one! :thumbup:

oo7, this is an excellent oriential MOC from ancient Japan. :thumbup:

When, I saw this unique title, I got a feeling it will be something great. From what I understand from the chinese characters, I thought it is a "Famous Teahouse". In fact, it was a place, for a skilled warrior, commonly also known as samurai to live in there. Training their inner-peace within their mind and soul, understanding the way of life, is their code.

I love this MOCs of yours, very much. On the outer look, the tree by the side of the river is illustrating a Sakura season, just by using the pink petal and attached on it is very smart! I like the miniature water fall, where you distort the water layer, by creating different blends, to show the ripples.

The building color is very pleasant looking. I find that you made good use of white tiles to create an oriential window, since most windows at that time, used only paper to cover it. The resident, shown in the house is depicting a simple life he is leading, by giving up his katana aside, and lead a simple life. :sweet:

I always enjoyed viewing oriential MOCs, and this is no exception! :wub:

How very astute of you! Between the Samurai code of Bushido, the blossoming sakura cherry tree, and the washi paper windows it looks like you've covered all the major structural and pensive facets that I've included! Thanks so much for sharing your cultural insights on the matter as well as your kind words of acclaim! :classic:

007: This is really an outstanding and unique MOC. It really has a style and grace to it that I don't believe I've seen in other Lego creations before. The style is very different as it does not look like it's made of Lego. The MOC has a mood of simplicity and tranquility (mainly because of the building and water). I love how you created the waterfall and the patterns in the water - an excellent touch. The building/house of the Samurai is what I really like the best though. I love the unique roof design, another unique attribute. The interior is simple yet very nicely detailed. Is the door removable? I love the colors and the jedi fig/torso is perfect.

Overall, this is an outstanding MOC. You've outdone yourself on this one! :thumbup:

Many thanks for the unbelievably praising response; it’s always great to get a reply from you. To answer your question, I haven’t in fact included what one would technically call a door, per se, but instead a traditional Shōji style window which fits in quite snugly with the use of SNOT technique and can really only be removed by disassembling the wall. :wink:

Wow! This is a really amazing work of art, oo7! The exterior all looks wonderfully oriental, from the building to the statues to the foliage. The same goes fo the interior of the building as well, even the minifig is perfect. The window is done especially well. :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Peace

Some times Lego just steps past all expectations and you realise you are looking at a beautiful piece of art, It is as others have said already, a pure tranquil structure with great smoothness, colour and details like the pink flowers in the Lotus tree, hanging lanterns, smooth roof, and oriental style window!

Well done :thumbup:

Beautiful. It reminds me of when Canada's ex-PM took tea and mistook it for shaving lather...how embarrassing.

Ahh... I can hear the soothing watefall in my ears....

Lovely MOC very serene and great design. Fantastic work on the waterfall. It looks very real.

Great work!

A wonderful MOC, the cascading water is truly exquisite as TheBrickster said it has true style and grace. Though I sort of expect a ninja to be hiding somewhere (to much time playing Shogun Total War me thinks) in the end I'm glad there isn't and it retains a beautiful simplicity.

That's a great MOC, oo7! :thumbup:

This really :wub: :wub: this tea house because it looks so 10000000 % perfect! :oh:

The house itself with its amazing architecture, the realistic minifig, the awesome interior, the nice little lake with the waterfall, the golden buddha statue and the lovely spatterdocks :oh: ! Simply perfect! :sweet:

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

とても すごいだねええ!! きれいそう!!

Thanks a lot for this creation! I am planning to do something with my chinese palace in this direction.. Let me tell you one thing: If TLC will ever think about a Ninja line ever again, they have to ask you to create a set or two, oo7! They have to.... :classic:

Thanks again for all the replies everyone, both in English and Japanese! :tongue: I really appreciate your feedback. :sweet:

A sublime creation! :wub: The colour of the water where it's hit by the waterfall is masterfully rendered.

I really hope you preserve this creation and never disassemble it.

Very tastefully done mate! This is probably the best Japanese-themed MOC I have yet seen. You should be proud of this. I can almost feel the tranquility just looking at this. The choice of minifig head and torso is phenomenal, it really adds an authentic feel to the MOC. :thumbup:

Can I ask, is this supposed to be set in the modern-day or in the past? If it's the latter, can you give us a rough period? I have never been to Japan but I assume they still have teahouses like this in the modern-day.

If you wanted some feedback, it looks a bit strange :wacko: with the water underneath the structure, but that's gravely unfair of me saying that about a sublime creation so you can ignore it if you want! :tongue:

Very, very nice! You continue to improve! I love the water and many of the construction details in the building...

Great work and God Bless,

Nathan

This captured the very essence of medieval Japan much better than that stereotypical ninja subtheme. I love it! I wouldn't mind if Lego made a medieval Japan theme...

Wow, it looks so elegant and tranquil. Great job! :thumbup:

:tongue: I second that! A lovely creation, oo7! :laugh:

This captured the very essence of medieval Japan much better than that stereotypical ninja subtheme.

I don't know if this is meant to be medieval or not, I believe this still happens. :wink: If I am right, is this one of those buildings where you have to get in through a tiny window thingy?

:skull: