MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

On 6/21/2023 at 10:26 AM, ToaDraco said:

Love the new Biba face print and 5h3 Morgan figure is shaping up to be great. I can definitely see that hair piece being used for Padme. I would not be surprised if the Padme that comes in the Couriscant Republic Gunship uses that piece too.

Isn't the Gunship Padme going to be a redesign of the Malevolence figure? I'm not sure that hairpiece really works for that particular costume. She really needs one with long braids at the back. Should be the same hairstyle she had wearing the Naboo Pilot outfit at the start of AOTC.

On 6/21/2023 at 5:20 PM, Legopls said:

Doesn’t the Wendy from the Peter Pan set that was just revealed use that hairpiece as well?

On 6/22/2023 at 1:27 AM, Old Master said:

It sure does.

They look like two different pieces to me. Morgan's doesn't appear to have the bangs that Wendy does or the loose curls at the back.

It appears there's a picture out of the upcoming Shock Trooper for the Republic Gunship set, which was posted about four hours ago.
No clue of it's real or not, but it looks good.

Regards,
Mitch

I’ve just seen it the wording of the post makes me think it is a custom.

it’s say what the shock trooper will look similar too. 

Shock Trooper is not real.

Nonetheless, probably pretty darn close to what we will get.

Edited by Old Master

23 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

No clue of it's real or not

unlike the Hera figure :laugh:

Loving it!

Regards,
Mitch

Hera figure does indeed look excellent.

So we've had early reviews for all of the August releases except the Spider Tank. I wonder if that one wasn't sent out for early review. That would be a shame because that's the August set I'm looking forward to the most. Also, it's ironic because we've known about it officially longer than any of the others. 

Hera does look good, though I can't help but think that she'd look better with normal eyes. I mean twi'lek eyes are just the same as human eyes and they don't colour those normally.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Hera does look good, though I can't help but think that she'd look better with normal eyes. I mean twi'lek eyes are just the same as human eyes and they don't colour those normally.

Yeah I've never been a fan of them doing coloured eyes. Was the same for the original Hera as well as the recent versions of Ahsoka and 2018 Barriss (whose head I swapped for the 2010 version). Almost prefer the old TCW eyes. 

It's especially weird since they aren't consistent with it, e.g. Aayla from 75182 got normal eyes and looks way better as a result. 

Edited by CallumPears

For the Ghost, I think the figs thought to be Quarrie as well as the dark skinned male could very well be the people at 1:10 in this trailer.

1 hour ago, Old Master said:

For the Ghost, I think the figs thought to be Quarrie as well as the dark skinned male could very well be the people at 1:10 in this trailer.

Yeah, which would make sense. I think that's Zare Leonis?

Wow, that Hera figure looks stunning. I appreciate that her lekku have their printed patterns too just like the Rebels version did.

My expectations for the 3 Ahsoka sets are astronomical at this point. Out of all the standard sets we’re getting this year, these 3 definitely have the most potential.

General question: is it just me or has the hashtag search function on IG become absolutely worthless? It used to be great for finding the new sets and figures you guys are discussing but lately it's been so difficult. And no, I'd rather not follow a specific hashtag because it'll flood my feed with nonsense people spamming the tag,

1 hour ago, CDM said:

General question: is it just me or has the hashtag search function on IG become absolutely worthless? It used to be great for finding the new sets and figures you guys are discussing but lately it's been so difficult. And no, I'd rather not follow a specific hashtag because it'll flood my feed with nonsense people spamming the tag,

Yeah it totally sucks - you can thank Meta for that. I follow #legoleaks and it's just full of MOCs and clickbait with a legitimate leak coming through once in a blue moon anymore

Instagram is annoying now the hashtag is 90% MOCs and 10% one leak being posted by 50 different people. Honestly most the leaks that I’m seen/heard recently are from Tiktok. (The algorithm is a little bit to accurate for my liking) 

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

So we've had early reviews for all of the August releases except the Spider Tank. I wonder if that one wasn't sent out for early review. That would be a shame because that's the August set I'm looking forward to the most. Also, it's ironic because we've known about it officially longer than any of the others. 

Jay’s Brick Blog has a review up: https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/review-lego-75361-spider-tank/

It doesn’t go in-depth into the minifigures, but it’s nice to see someone’s thoughts. Jay did say it feels small for the price, though. 

yoda starfighter is a scam. 35$ for what? yoda dont have new prints. I would add mace windu. Republic tank is retiring with mace windu.

56 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

yoda starfighter is a scam. 35$ for what? yoda dont have new prints. I would add mace windu. Republic tank is retiring with mace windu.

Would a mace with new prints be that interesting either? I feel like pretty much any other GR jedi outside Anakin/Obi-Wan/Yoda would be more interesting to slot in the fighter as a third fig.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

2 hours ago, omegabadbatch said:

It’s just an odd choice all around. Given that it’s a Clone Wars Anniversary set, a CIS vehicle / droid-focused model would have been much better, particularly given how Republic-centric the Clone Wars and Prequel-era sets have been over the past few years. Price-wise too, the value for money just isn’t there by any stretch of the imagination, although the starfighter itself is well designed and certainly something I’d buy on discount.

However more than anything, I feel that it would have been awesome to get Anakin and Obi-Wan in their Season 1 Clone Wars armour with the Republic Gunship. Ever since that Mace Windu figure we got last year, I can’t stop thinking how brilliant a Clone Wars Obi-Wan would look.