MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 hours ago, Llewop said:

I suppose the issue with delaying the set of the show is delayed is do they have something to replace it on the shelves, do they move something from the summer wave forward? Or is 3-4 months enough time to design/manufacture a whole new set ready for when it was supposed to come out

They'd need much more time than that.

My point is, it's a single set tied to a show. They don't need another set in that wave. If there was no Skeleton Crew, we probably wouldn't get that it at all, and the Winter wave would look literally the same.

3 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

They didn't delay the Black Widow set as one data point for not delaying, but they have delayed other things tied to new properties I think (like Eternals?).

Yeah, but there's a huge difference between a wave tied to a movie, and a wave tied to nothing. 

LEGO Star Wars hinges on the Summer wave of sets, which is the biggest one. They couldn't just delay all of the sets because of some codes.

Sets or waves based on movies are a whole other thing. They're usually just an addition to the regular wave of sets.

If a movie or a series is delayed, it's a smart move to delay the merchandise. 

Besides, we still don‘t know what the delay actually looks like. I suppose the show was always intended to only have one single episode (or two at best) release this year, just like TBoBF. So technically, a delay of just one week would already warrant the „pushed back to 2024“ headline :grin:

I also just read it could end up being delayed until next autumn, but I don‘t buy that

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not how that works. Usually, they just delay sets without looking for a replacement because there are plenty of other sets on shelves already to fill that gap, especially for big themes like SW and Marvel. Having a reduced wave is not noticeable to your regular customer. Plus, none of the delayed sets in the last few years (Eternals, Shang-Chi, The Marvels, Jurassic World Dominion) have been replaced by anything.

I thought the recent entire first Infinity Saga wave for Marvel was created because other stuff had been moved around and there was a gap. I could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.

Few thoughts: I got the 332nd BP and really like the figures. The helmet holes seem less noticeable on these figures than the AT-TE 212th ones. Not sure why that is. Maybe the helmet color contrast is striking, drawing your eyes away from it. 

I wonder if the Holiday diorama set could be modded to fit into the unused space in the UCS Falcon interior. Maybe I'll try that. 

On SolidBrixStudio review of the diorama, at the end, strong hint and point towards the Venator. My guess is that he has the box just offscreen. With LAN members getting it, possible to start seeing pics soon, maybe by the end of next week? 

7 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

On SolidBrixStudio review of the diorama, at the end, strong hint and point towards the Venator. My guess is that he has the box just offscreen. With LAN members getting it, possible to start seeing pics soon, maybe by the end of next week? 

Lol he totally just has it sitting on his other desk or something and is looking at it. We might even see some stuff today/tomorrow.

Well I found the T-6 at the local Costco for $65, which after having built the set, I am really glad that I didn't spend $80 on it.  The figures are great, even if Sabine doesn't have arm printing.  For the first time in a long time for me is that the build is not great.  The ship is way too small.  When I first was building it, I thought that there might be a little room behind the cockpit area that hadn't been mentioned.  But no, turns out that was simply a place to store a bunch of weapons and tools.  You have storage for all of the figure's weapons, but no space for the figures, WTF.  The final build is about the size of the Fang Fighter or the Spider Tank.  The cockpit is really flimsy in the way it is attached.  So overall not very impressed with the model itself.  I think it should have been at least twice the price to do the ship justice.  I am half thinking of picking up a couple more of the set and attempting to make a much better sized version, and using the cockpit from the Falcon to at least be able to fit 2 figures in there.  

Rey’s hilt being black in the Holiday Special set looks awful (along with the trans neon green blade). I have no idea why they didn’t use the dark gun metal grey hilt like they did for Kylo Ren. Fortunately I have some extras from other sets, but black was a weird choice.

1 hour ago, QuiggoldsPegLeg said:

Rey’s hilt being black in the Holiday Special set looks awful (along with the trans neon green blade). I have no idea why they didn’t use the dark gun metal grey hilt like they did for Kylo Ren. Fortunately I have some extras from other sets, but black was a weird choice.

I think on pick a brick that colour blade according to Lego is yellow even though it isn’t. I do think they need to make a proper yellow one though. 

5 hours ago, Llewop said:

I think on pick a brick that colour blade according to Lego is yellow even though it isn’t. I do think they need to make a proper yellow one though. 

Actual trans yellow blades do exist but only ever appeared in one set, back in 2015. I picked up one off Bricklink a while back to make a Kenner version of Tatooine Luke. 

18 hours ago, Llewop said:

While i would love orange blades and yellow blades where they should be in these sets I think we all sometimes forget that while much cheaper than a new mold, getting pieces in new (or no longer produced) colors does have a price tag for designers as it will add a "new" piece that has to be inventoried. I'm guessing the printed pieces in the Holiday set maxed out the allowed "new" parts. I have the Sinestro set so I'm lucky to have a yellow blade, but even with the neon green i don't think it's as bad as when they gave Rebel's Ahsoka darker blue lightsabers.

30 minutes ago, Archer said:

i don't think it's as bad as when they gave Rebel's Ahsoka darker blue lightsabers.

Honestly, with that one, I just feel bad for LEGO. All that effort to create a new colour, all for Disney to alter the source material in the last minute. At least the lightsabers looked cool, though. With Rey's this time, they don't really have an excuse for not reproducing the old yellow blade piece other than that it would exceed the set's assigned budget.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

While i would love orange blades and yellow blades where they should be in these sets I think we all sometimes forget that while much cheaper than a new mold, getting pieces in new (or no longer produced) colors does have a price tag for designers as it will add a "new" piece that has to be inventoried. I'm guessing the printed pieces in the Holiday set maxed out the allowed "new" parts. I have the Sinestro set so I'm lucky to have a yellow blade, but even with the neon green i don't think it's as bad as when they gave Rebel's Ahsoka darker blue lightsabers.

I'm not going to hunt through that E-wing set for recolors, but I would easily have taken one of the NR figs getting a re-used print if they had orange sabers, and a yellow blade over the jedi texts book (or the sweaters, I don't remember if those are new)

14 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Actual trans yellow blades do exist but only ever appeared in one set, back in 2015. I picked up one off Bricklink a while back to make a Kenner version of Tatooine Luke. 

I bought a couple awhile back for TROS Rey, Bastila Shan, and... I don't remember who the fourth one was originally meant for but it's just sitting in my minifig accessory bin right now.

Lego should have made it, but for those of you who don't have the blade in trans-yellow, they are currently under a quarter each on BL in most countries, get them soon because if lego's not gonna make 'em, that price is only going to go up. 

On 9/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, MSY-MSP said:

Well I found the T-6 at the local Costco for $65, which after having built the set, I am really glad that I didn't spend $80 on it.  The figures are great, even if Sabine doesn't have arm printing.  For the first time in a long time for me is that the build is not great.  The ship is way too small.  When I first was building it, I thought that there might be a little room behind the cockpit area that hadn't been mentioned.  But no, turns out that was simply a place to store a bunch of weapons and tools.  You have storage for all of the figure's weapons, but no space for the figures, WTF.  The final build is about the size of the Fang Fighter or the Spider Tank.  The cockpit is really flimsy in the way it is attached.  So overall not very impressed with the model itself.  I think it should have been at least twice the price to do the ship justice.  I am half thinking of picking up a couple more of the set and attempting to make a much better sized version, and using the cockpit from the Falcon to at least be able to fit 2 figures in there.  

I agree, I thought it would be ok, but after building it, was really let down compared to some other sets in that price range that are more display worthy. I figured I will just turn it into a MOC when someone drops a good one in the $200 range, but decided to go all in on Pixel Dan's T-6 UCS. All the parts are on the way!

9 minutes ago, hikouki said:

What are the chances that Lego re-make exclusives like Darth Revan at some point?

I think the key word is exclusive, they were exclusive for a reason back then. Only reason they would make any new old republic figures would be if they decided to do an old republic film/series. I think currently there is nothing like that planned doesn’t mean it won’t change

10 hours ago, Llewop said:

I think the key word is exclusive, they were exclusive for a reason back then. Only reason they would make any new old republic figures would be if they decided to do an old republic film/series. I think currently there is nothing like that planned doesn’t mean it won’t change

Always remember that in 2016 Lego made the only Star Wars The Clone Wars 2003 set 13 years after the show for no apparent reason. You never know what they might do. But yeah, Revan is very unlikely.

Jang's reviews are starting to drop and IMO he has always had the most holistic view on Lego since he reviews most of their other lines.

Jang brought up a great point about the limitations of initial D+ waves: Lego can't control their leaks and so they have limited access to show details, and are given the least consequential sets to make first based on rough concept art. Huyang's coloring really supports this, also it's clear at this point that the E-wing set was based on two ships of little consequence in unrelated scenes. I doubt they will be featured beyond the scenes they were already in. The more juicy stuff will be in the back half of the season, and it's fair speculation that it may lead to a large capital ship set, but we will know more in a few weeks.

It's no guarantee that we will get more ahsoka sets and even if we do, it's anyone's guess which minifigs will get re-used, if any. But also waiting on sets is never risky since we tend to get plenty of warning before a set retires. With that in mind I will pass on the E-wing set, I think the odds are decent that we will get 2-3 of the main villains in a better set down the road. The only must have for me is the Ghost, even if they made a UCS version I wouldn't have the budget or shelf space for it, and the play-set version seems as good as its ever going to get.

And then I am torn on the T-6: there was a much better version of this ship in the 140-160 price range, and I am entirely buying it for figures. From reddit posts it does seem to display ok next to the ghost, and it seems like it will remain an iconic ship moving forward. I dunno

Edited by Alex_South

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:
  Hide contents

Marrok's head

is surprisingly accurate; it just needs a bit of green printing. 

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I may decapitate an Alien Conquest fig to stick a trans green head in there just for the sake of accuracy.

Surprised im the first one to reveal this considering it’s all over Instagram, BUT…

Promobricks has provided more details on the 2024 battle pack. 

3x Phase II Shiny Clone Trooper, 1 x Phase II Clone Shock Trooper, 3x Super Battle Droid, 2 x Battle Droid 

It will have a speeder that can seat two clones, a “defensive post”, a STAP, and an Octuptarra Tri-Droid. 

2 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Surprised im the first one to reveal this considering it’s all over Instagram, BUT…

3x Phase II Shiny Clone Trooper, 1 x Phase II Clone Shock Trooper, 3x Super Battle Droid, 2 x Battle Droid 

It will have a speeder that can seat two clones, a “defensive post”, a STAP, and an Octuptarra Tri-Droid. 

Haha was just typing the info when you post this :thumbup:

There are 215 parts included and the price will be 29,99€ (in Germany).

Edited by Yperio_Bricks

52 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

Honestly this sounds amazing. I'm sure there will be some nitpicks, but for the price in this day and age, it seems like a great 2-in-1 army builder with generic enough figures and builds to work in lots of situations (as well as a cheap standalone playset for kids).

This will be a rare day 1 buy for me!

That battle pack sounds about as good as I could have expected. Getting a remake of the yellow clone from the original clone battle pack would have been fun but having more generics is probably better overall, and aside from that it seems like pretty much exactly what I would want out of that concept. Hope the builds are a bit better than the 501st pack but even if they're middling I'll probably get at least one. 

Mostly looking forward to get some Super Battle Droids for lifting cargo in mocs :laugh: Overall the battlepack sounds great and the price is fair for 9 figs imo.

9 minutes ago, Meadius said:

That battle pack sounds about as good as I could have expected. Getting a remake of the yellow clone from the original clone battle pack would have been fun 

I think this might be one of those things we look back on as evidence for a 212th battle pack in the future.