MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Sets have usually been revealed the tuesday after a new episode, and today was the same.
Pictures are on Brickset as well :classic: 

Gotta say I'm surprised the Fang Fighter is so... flat. I'm sure it's accurate, but I guess I expected it to be a bit bulkier.

The TIE Interceptor looks great, though.

Regards,
Mitch

Finally got around to building the Fang Fighter vs Tie Interceptor.   First of all, I am fairly impressed with the stability of both of the builds.  It is somewhat disappointing that the fang isn't 100% accurate in its articulation.  However, in looking at the set as a whole I think there are two reasons that didn't happen.  The first is that given the size of the Fang I feel as it would be difficult to build it accurately and have it have any sense of stability.  Second is that by having it not articulate the build is significantly more playable.  The swooshability (is that even a word) of the set is up there as one of the best I have seen in a while.  I can totally see why Lego made the decisions it did.  For a play set it is pretty good despite the number of inaccuracies vis a vis the show.  

Box art for the new set, especially the back of the box, shows Concordia in the background. Is it possible the set is based on cut content from the episode where Mando and Bo fight of the Interceptors? Perhaps the sequence as shown to Lego involved more Mandalorian ships, and was later changed to be just the N1 and Gauntlet fighter.

Either way I'll still be picking this one up, the TIE looks excellent and the Fang, while quite flat, looks decent. I don't recognise the weapon pieces beside the cockpit on the Fang, are they new?

18 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Either way I'll still be picking this one up, the TIE looks excellent and the Fang, while quite flat, looks decent. I don't recognise the weapon pieces beside the cockpit on the Fang, are they new?

They're brick-built, not using any new parts, though there are a few new-ish ones like the 2l bar that came out a year or two ago.

1 hour ago, CF Mitch said:

Sets have usually been revealed the tuesday after a new episode, and today was the same.
Pictures are on Brickset as well :classic: 

Sorry, I knew this and have said it previously but for some reason yesterday I said tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, MaximillianRebo said:

Box art for the new set, especially the back of the box, shows Concordia in the background. Is it possible the set is based on cut content from the episode where Mando and Bo fight of the Interceptors? Perhaps the sequence as shown to Lego involved more Mandalorian ships, and was later changed to be just the N1 and Gauntlet fighter.

Loads got cut, and I assume this scene was one of them. 

I think there’s enough from the existing episode to infer this scene happened, however. 

But, personally, I’d have liked if we saw the dogfights in the finale. The episode felt weak and I think a space battle would have really enhanced the experience. 

I think a lot of the SW sets released are too grey which kinda sucks, not that they're bad by any means. Gives me a lot of hope with the summer/fall sets, especially Ahsoka sets, that the ships are gonna be a lot more colourful. 

1 hour ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

With the reviews of the new UCS X-Wing, it looks better from the videos that I previously thought. Quite enjoy this! 

I have gone back and forth myself, and have decided to get it, just at a later date. (Maybe a Zavvi sale way down the line)  I like the Tie Interceptor so much, going with that set and the SSD for the promos.

23 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I have gone back and forth myself, and have decided to get it, just at a later date. (Maybe a Zavvi sale way down the line)  I like the Tie Interceptor so much, going with that set and the SSD for the promos.

I also am thinking about getting those for the promos too maybe later. Order the X-Wing on the first and then go in-store on the 6th and see what they have. 

Given the promos and VIP points, I think getting the X-Wing on release is a decent deal (for me anyways). 

4 hours ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

With the reviews of the new UCS X-Wing, it looks better from the videos that I previously thought. Quite enjoy this! 

Totally agree. I think many of us undersold it before seeing/reading reviews. It looks far better in the videos I've watched. I have the 2013 version and I still think I will pick this new one up.

I wasn’t expecting 5x VIP points on store on the UCS Razor Crest. I may have to consider getting it now. That’s a really good offer. 

Per LEGO’s website; the UCS Razor Crest will be one of the sets getting 5X VIP points. If they use the same sets for the discounts online in the reward center, we could see discounts north of €100 in exchange for 100 points (like back om VIP day with the Hogwarts Express)

1 hour ago, Jazzahh said:

Per LEGO’s website; the UCS Razor Crest will be one of the sets getting 5X VIP points. If they use the same sets for the discounts online in the reward center, we could see discounts north of €100 in exchange for 100 points (like back om VIP day with the Hogwarts Express)

Well at least in the US it isn't.  

Here are the sets we get.  "VIP quintuple (5x) points offer is valid only on select products, purchased in-store, from 5/1/2023 to 5/7/2023. Offer applies on the following select items: 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room, 75332 AT-ST™, 75343 Dark Trooper™ Helmet, 75323 The Justifier™ & 75338 Ambush on Ferrix™."

Not the greatest group of sets here.  But it might make getting the Justifier a little more palatable.  Only wish the store wasn't 2 hours away. 

Edited by MSY-MSP

27 minutes ago, MSY-MSP said:

Well at least in the US it isn't.  

Here are the sets we get.  "VIP quintuple (5x) points offer is valid only on select products, purchased in-store, from 5/1/2023 to 5/7/2023. Offer applies on the following select items: 75326 Boba Fett's Throne Room, 75332 AT-ST™, 75343 Dark Trooper™ Helmet, 75323 The Justifier™ & 75338 Ambush on Ferrix™."

Not the greatest group of sets here.  But it might make getting the Justifier a little more palatable.  Only wish the store wasn't 2 hours away. 

Huh, weird that it's different. Here's the list on the UK site:

75331 The Razor Crest™

75323 The Justifier™

75325 The Mandalorian’s N-1 Starfighter™

75334 Obi-Wan Kenobi™ vs. Darth Vader™

75338 Ambush on Ferrix™

Maybe the Razor Crest is selling better in the US than in Europe? (And vice-versa for some of the other sets)

Yes that’s weird indeed. Especially since you can’t really compare the UCS Razor Crest with Boba’s Throneroom 

5x points might be the push I needed for Ambush on Ferrix. I still don't like the Tac-Pod build, but it'd be a good parts pack, I want the figures, and we need more from Andor.

Not surprised the justifier and dark trooper helmet are doing poorly, but I'm surprised the AT-ST is doing poorly enough to get 5x points just a year and some change later. I'm kinda glad, $50 is too much for an AT-ST IMO.

2 hours ago, CallumPears said:

Maybe the Razor Crest is selling better in the US than in Europe? (And vice-versa for some of the other sets)

It doesn't seem to be selling very well in Aus/NZ either. Our licensed Lego stores had triple points on it for a couple of days late October and then 30% off for cyber monday. Not sure why, at Aus/NZ retail prices it's better value for money than the UCS Falcon and AT-AT.

I wonder if the fan designed customs impacted sales for this set? Jerac, RichboyJhae and Papaglop's MOCs were popular for a couple of years so a lot of people who wanted a UCS Razor Crest would have already built one of them instead of waiting for an official set that we thought would never happen as every previous UCS set was based on content from the 6 George Lucas films.

I didn't even care about the 5x VIP but now I'm disappointed lol. I would've been in for a Razor Crest for that deal.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

5x points might be the push I needed for Ambush on Ferrix. I still don't like the Tac-Pod build, but it'd be a good parts pack, I want the figures, and we need more from Andor.

Not surprised the justifier and dark trooper helmet are doing poorly, but I'm surprised the AT-ST is doing poorly enough to get 5x points just a year and some change later. I'm kinda glad, $50 is too much for an AT-ST IMO.

I was thinking the same about Ferrix. It's the 4+ AT-ST, which I think nobody is remotely surprised by lol.

1 hour ago, Pedilego said:

I didn't even care about the 5x VIP but now I'm disappointed lol. I would've been in for a Razor Crest for that deal.

I was thinking the same about Ferrix. It's the 4+ AT-ST, which I think nobody is remotely surprised by lol.

I also have similar thoughts regarding Ferrix and Andor. If it is on sale I might buy it because I really like the figures but if I found most of them next year in a second set (hopefully there will be one or more) I might regret it to bought this one. But if this is my problem than I'm fine I guess 😉.

11 hours ago, HothFan1987 said:

I wasn’t expecting 5x VIP points on store on the UCS Razor Crest. I may have to consider getting it now. That’s a really good offer. 

£120 off in the John Lewis May 4th sale today so I bought one there instead. 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:32 AM, Goofster said:

Anyway else thinking that

Hide contents

din grogu sounds stupid? Shouldn't it be grogu djarin? It sounds def better, din grogu sounds like some dumb OC fan fic thing, also, when did din become mando's last name? Wasn't that his first name? We all collectively called him din, are we supposed to call him djarin now? Absolutely baffling.

Spoiler

You're forgetting he was knighted. It's "Sir Din Grogu", officially.

On 4/25/2023 at 8:03 AM, Goofster said:
Spoiler

hypothetically, we could call grogu din?

Spoiler

Yeah, but as has been mentioned, it's (likely) just part of their culture that the family name comes first, even though Grogu was adopted into it. Though when saying their full names you'd put the family name first, we could just call them Grogu and Djarin. Imo Djarin is a cooler name than Din, so I think it works better this way.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:59 AM, kidtheboss611 said:

The last cloth kama I can remember was in the MBS Cantina with those troops but that was a couple of years back. 

Assuming you mean pauldrons, there was the Artillery Stormtrooper with one a year after the Cantina.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:29 AM, MSY-MSP said:

Finally got around to building the Fang Fighter vs Tie Interceptor.   First of all, I am fairly impressed with the stability of both of the builds.  It is somewhat disappointing that the fang isn't 100% accurate in its articulation.  However, in looking at the set as a whole I think there are two reasons that didn't happen.  The first is that given the size of the Fang I feel as it would be difficult to build it accurately and have it have any sense of stability.  Second is that by having it not articulate the build is significantly more playable.  The swooshability (is that even a word) of the set is up there as one of the best I have seen in a while.  I can totally see why Lego made the decisions it did.  For a play set it is pretty good despite the number of inaccuracies vis a vis the show.  

Well said, fully agree. It's super inaccurate, and the figures leave much to be desired, but somehow I still see it as a must-buy. The quality of those builds is just top-tier.

8 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I think you're thinking of 75322 Hoth AT-ST. The one listed there is 75332 AT-ST, i.e. the 4+ one, lmao. I'm not surprised that one's there.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:42 AM, MaximillianRebo said:

Box art for the new set, especially the back of the box, shows Concordia in the background.

I was thinking you might've spotted Condordia in the sky in the background given that it's in the same system, but I checked and it's not there,

Spoiler

so do you mean Kalevala? That's the one that Bo's castle was on, and that the fighters are on in the box art.

On 4/26/2023 at 2:02 AM, Mandalorianknight said:

They're brick-built, not using any new parts, though there are a few new-ish ones like the 2l bar that came out a year or two ago.

Got it. I was looking on mobile and at first the guns looked like some of the third-party weapons like Firestar and thought Lego had produced their own, but it's just the 2L bar like you said on a lightsaber hilt.

5 hours ago, AD_Bricks said:

I was thinking you might've spotted Condordia in the sky in the background given that it's in the same system, but I checked and it's not there,

Reveal hidden contents

so do you mean Kalevala? That's the one that Bo's castle was on, and that the fighters are on in the box art.

My bad. What you mentioned was the one I meant; I got the names mixed up.