MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

Spoiler

That was underwhelming. All those clones killed off in a few seconds. Was there even any point in bringing Moff Gideon back? In terms of set potential I could maybe see a Bo vs Gideon set. 

10 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I'm not super keen on the dark tan, but the speeder design does look nice.

If it was just a bit darker it would have been perfect.

49 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Did we actually see a Fang Fighter during this episode - or at any time during the season? I could be wrong but all the ships looked like Gauntlet fighters. Not that I'll say no to the upcoming set, especially for the TIE Interceptor, but it'll be funny if the set is based on an idea that didn't make it into the show, especially with TLG taking so long for a reveal.

Spoiler

Yes, I specifically remember them in the scene in episode 7 when Mandalorians were going from Nevarro to Mandalore after they volounteered who will go. It's around 19th minute and they are 10 times smaller than Gauntlets.

There wasn't even a black imperial astromech droid which kinda makes the minifig lineup for Fang Fighter vs. Tie Interceptor even worse.

Skipped out on all the mando stuff this year, I think it's clear that the focus is moving towards Ahsoka for the time being, those are the sets I am most excited for. I also am gonna hold out hope for some sort of Tie fighter bundle down the road, there's less than zero precedent for one, but I can dream. I really wish they would do fast turnaround on a new N-1 for mando, I own the damn thing and I both love and hate it, the scale still baffles me. It should have been 35-40$ and in the same scale as that pirate ship they did this spring.

does anyone know the fastest turnaround time lego has had on retiring and then releasing a new version of a set? Emperor palpatines throne seems like a good example, or maybe slave 1.

Edited by Alex_South

21 minutes ago, Nolaheru said:

Reveal hidden contents

There wasn't even a black imperial astromech droid which kinda makes the minifig lineup for Fang Fighter vs. Tie Interceptor even worse.

I think it's likely from Chapter 22 on Plazir-15.

It seems like every set released in the past three years based on upcoming Mando/Kenobi/Andor material (basically everything except for the UCS Razor Crest) has some flaw or compromise based on the fact that the designers were given less than the ideal amount of information. And most of these aren’t going to be remade again. It’s a shame. 

I like the May release sets, will be picking up the fang/tie and executor day one, and then wait for a sale for the diorama's (although I do think they look nice).  I saw someone use the new Legolas legs with Leia from the new diorama which looked surprisingly good.  

Seeing the executor next to the UCS one makes me want the new one more (since I never got the UCS one).  It looks really good, my only complaint is the back section does not look as accurate as it could.  The way the angles and lines work looks more accurate on the UCS one, a little bit more squared off on the new one.  I will likely try to mod it to look more accurate, or hopefully 2Bricks will do a mod (typically has awesome mods).  

18 minutes ago, lomis said:

I think it's likely from Chapter 22 on Plazir-15.

There being a Plazir-15 astromech droid still makes no sense at all. Any other figure instead of an astromech that only shows up once on another planet would be better.

What are the chances that we will get a new set with Gideon and Praetorian guards next year?

34 minutes ago, Nolaheru said:

There being a Plazir-15 astromech droid still makes no sense at all. Any other figure instead of an astromech that only shows up once on another planet would be better.

r5?

1 hour ago, Flawless Cowboy said:

It seems like every set released in the past three years based on upcoming Mando/Kenobi/Andor material (basically everything except for the UCS Razor Crest) has some flaw or compromise based on the fact that the designers were given less than the ideal amount of information. And most of these aren’t going to be remade again. It’s a shame. 

I mostly agree with you but would make the argument that what we got for Kenobi and Andor was quite accurate to the source material. The Kenobi vs. Vader Duel especially was extremely accurate in terms of location, characters, and functions, even if the set itself was boring.

The Mando S3 Lego sets and merchandise in general definitely seem more loose in terms of accuracy and desirability, though that’s me projecting a subjective opinion. Really the best things we’re getting out of the tie-in sets are the largest set (or at least the builds) and the fantastic Bo-Katan minifigure.

It’ll be interesting to see the staying power of Mando Season 3, overall opinions on it aren’t as enthusiastic as they were for S1 and S2, but still I’d be surprised if we don’t get another set or two next year to round off the more interesting scenes.

Edited by Kaijumeister

22 minutes ago, Kaijumeister said:

I mostly agree with you but would make the argument that what we got for Kenobi and Andor was quite accurate to the source material. The Kenobi vs. Vader Duel especially was extremely accurate in terms of location, characters, and functions, even if the set itself was boring.

The Mando S3 Lego sets and merchandise in general definitely seem more loose in terms of accuracy and desirability, though that’s me projecting a subjective opinion. Really the best things we’re getting out of the tie-in sets are the largest set (or at least the builds) and the fantastic Bo-Katan minifigure.

It’ll be interesting to see the staying power of Mando Season 3, overall opinions on it aren’t as enthusiastic as they were for S1 and S2, but still I’d be surprised if we don’t get another set or two next year to round off the more interesting scenes.

Mostly minor gripes I suppose, but still worth noting. The Kenobi duel set is accurate (except for the part where the lava mechanism sprays Vader), but if the designers had full access to the source material, would it even be a set? I’d wager if anything they would have modeled it after the final duel.

The scythe was very well done, but the detailing on top of the ship and the stickering on the back are wrong and just plain cheap, the designers likely were working off of limited concept art there. 

And I completely agree with you about S3 Mando sets being very loose in terms of accuracy. 

2 hours ago, Nolaheru said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

A Mouse droid and R5 would make more sense.

Spoiler

The new Din's hut will definitely be a season 4 set. At least I hope, something like 75270.

5 hours ago, MaximillianRebo said:
  Hide contents

Did we actually see a Fang Fighter during this episode - or at any time during the season? I could be wrong but all the ships looked like Gauntlet fighters. Not that I'll say no to the upcoming set, especially for the TIE Interceptor, but it'll be funny if the set is based on an idea that didn't make it into the show, especially with TLG taking so long for a reveal.

yeah we def didn't, the random mando didn't even pilot it, it wasn't even there to start off.

I decided I probably won’t buy any Mando S3 sets after that finale so I finally pulled the trigger on Ambush on Ferrix. God I hope we get sets for Andor S2. 

48 minutes ago, Goofster said:

Reveal hidden contents

yeah we def didn't, the random mando didn't even pilot it, it wasn't even there to start off.

Spoiler

To be fair it was in the shot where all the Mandos on the capital ship are jumping off and loading onto the gauntlet. They'rr considerably smaller than the Gauntlets in the same shot so they are there however if you didn't know that prior it would be impossible to notice. The real problem is they are never seen dogfighting the interceptors and the Commander on the capital ship never jumps into one of the fights to fight, he, like everyone else, jumps into the Gauntlets. 

It’s kinda sad that the best ship to come out of this wave of Mandalorian sets is a tie interceptor… 

They really need to remake the Gauntlet starfighter in a much bigger and more detailed version. And Mando’s N1 needs a redo as well, wish the current version retired this year so we’d be one step closer to another version. 

Edited by Flawless Cowboy

5 hours ago, PreVizsla said:

If it was just a bit darker it would have been perfect.

Totally agree. Bionicle Medium brown, or the newer medium brown used on Reva, would have been the best color.

2 hours ago, PRbrickbuilder said:
  Hide contents

A Mouse droid and R5 would make more sense.

Reveal hidden contents

The new Din's hut will definitely be a season 4 set. At least I hope, something like 75270.

I'm literally planning on starting it tonight if I have the time. Such a nice little $30 set piece.

10 hours ago, Goofster said:

Reveal hidden contents

well,this episode was super disappointing, no post credit, no mythosaur, no thrawn, etc, gideon "died" in an anti-climatic way, he's definitely returning, fire isnt gonna stop him with THAT armor, the darksaber breaks, 1/3 of the episode is super boring, the final fight is really eh, somehow was worse than BOBF and mando s2, but what really was the final nail in the coffin was having 0 post credit scene, even if it was something random like BOBF's, but hey, that's just my really disappointed opinion.

8 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

My thoughts exactly.

Glad everyone is using spoilers so far. Please continue to do that till at least Tuesday for this final episode. Then it's fair game for any Mando info.

Hmm, I am 100% sure, that I saw the

Spoiler

Mythosaur. Grogu, sort of mindpoked? it, at the "water scene, close to the end.

Ah, yeah, I forgot. I did like this episode too.

Edited by Shiva

I think it is kinda sucky that we don't seem to get many sets from anything after it's done unless it's one of the Episode 1,2,3,4,5,6 and the clone wars.

Like the chances we ever see someone like Kanan Jarrus again is just so low because Lego seems to ditch the newer stuff once it's done (hell they even seem to have dropped the sequel trilogy and that was a big deal for a while) I have to imagine it's indicative of sales in some way. Maybe the only sets that still reliably sell after the fact are the ones based of the main 6 films and the clone wars.

Hopefully in like 5 years we'll see a little bit more love for stuff like Rebels, Rogue One, Bad Batch, Mandalorian (assuming mando isn't still going at that point) and the sequel trilogy. I know we had a big gap between lego clone wars sets and then Season 7 came out and they seem to realise what a profitable IP it still is. I'm not saying I want a 2024: 10th Anniversary Rebels Wave but a 10th anniversary set with Kanan, classic ezra, kallus and mando style sabine would be pretty cool.

Mainly i'm worried about not seeing some very cool figures again just because there's no where to put them in current sets. Death Troopers and Shore Troopers in particular strike me as too cool to just do once.

13 minutes ago, omegabadbatch said:

Would you like better to see normal stormtroopers or imperial mandalorians in battlepack?

I’m only speaking for myself here, but that’s like asking me whether I would prefer getting bland toast or an exquisit 5 course meal :laugh_hard: If they play their cards right, an Imperial Commando BP could be amazing!!

Ideally, it would include

2x regular Imperial Commando, 1x commando with red markings, 1x Imperial Praetorian Guard

:wub: Fingers crossed for January!

56 minutes ago, Fulcrumfan91 said:

Lol why on earth was the tie vs fang considered spoilery. Im still at a loss here.

Spoiler

It's just a random hodgepodge of characters and vehicles from the final 3 episodes, but with nothing being correct. The Fleet Commander has like 2 lines and doesn't pilot a Fang Fighter, the TIE interceptors never actually fight the fang fighters, the astromech is literally from episode 6, and Mando doesn't have the darksaber in eps 7 and 8. It's a nonsense set.